Purple Zebra x Columbian Red Point & Durban Bubble x CRP In Hempies LED & CFL 12-12 From Seed

I keep getting drawn back into the diy led thing. It's killing me that I know nothing of electronics... Seems like a guy could do it really cheap if he knew what the heck he was doing and didn't have to buy an over priced prepackaged kit.
Not really going anywhere with this, just worried about stealth over the winter. Stupid effing apartments. My neighbor that was going to help me build a custom grow cabinet got freaking robbed last week. Lost all of his tools. Stuff kills me.

I am now thinking about Rubbermaid tubs running autos. But then I consider lighting..... My mars300 would work great in one tub, but I am going to need at least 4.... In a small area like this I really think COBs are likely the best option yet I seem to lack any basic understanding of electricity. Lol.
Other options i am considering are...
-arrays of 17 watt household LEDs with the lense removed
-3x cheap 300watt led panels......

Alright. Done venting.

Peace

I use the marrs 300 panels till there teens, then 1k dimmable MH, then 1k hps in flower. I'm happy with my setup but it creates a shit load of heat. Can get some good deals on the zon nowdays on MH/HPS packages. If you ever get one I'd suggest getting a dimmable ballast. It's nice to be able to dim it as needed. Looks like your doing just fine with the setup your running now. Your plants are hella cool

I use the marrs 300 panels till there teens, then 1k dimmable MH, then 1k hps in flower. I'm happy with my setup but it creates a shit load of heat. Can get some good deals on the zon nowdays on MH/HPS packages. If you ever get one I'd suggest getting a dimmable ballast. It's nice to be able to dim it as needed. Looks like your doing just fine with the setup your running now. Your plants are hella cool
Thank you. It's not so much a want to change my setup, it is a need. I live in a legal state but our apartment rules absolutely forbid growing because they have to be able to accept federal money. They inspect our apartment every year between late November to early January. I can't afford to stop growing for up to 3 months. The store weed here just doesn't fit my budget or quality requirements most times.
Oh man, if I could control the heat I would definitely be running 600watt HPS, no more airy buds, lol. My stuff is potent as hell and I do get enough in yield, but it is a lot of effing around with multiple lights, and these sativas just don't want to tighten their buds up with my lack of light intensity. It kills me to I know that my meds could be even better with such a simple switch of my lighting.
I should not be worried as much as I am. I still have time for one more big grow before inspection. That journal will start up around August 1st. Waiting to get this last red point cross finished up.

Soaked a Blackberry kush bag seed last night. I will plant it and put it in the tent tonight. Its not really part of any plan, just have an itchy trigger finger is all. Thinking I will go with another 20oz Hempy. Small Hempys are my favorite.

Morning ramble complete. Lol. Happy Saturday. Time to :rollit:

Now for the afternoon rant, lol...
The deal is this. Most of sativas take a minimum of 12 weeks from at 12/12 from seed. I have 3 ½ months to grow as much as possible before I purchase a cabinet. And I like doing stuff just to do it.

I planted my BlackBerry kush a little bit ago. I am now soaking an unknown but what I believe is a permafrost bag seed. It will be planted tomorrow.

I forgot my evening feeding last night and URP was really pissed at me.

Neighbors gave me a bunch of small nursery pots with a flood tray, pretty sturdy too. I finished reclaiming my gravel from the last 3 plants and decided to do something that is probably stupid.

I have filled 8x 9cm nursery pots with my unique Hempy medium. I will top water daily until the roots pop out of the bottom. From there I will flood the tray until the solution is one to two inches deep whenever my new feed schedule dictates. Likely I will go about one inch to start with. I don't want root rot.

Will decide on strains later when wife finishes her nap.
Peace

Now soaking 4x unknown x red point and 4x (mazar x Guerrero) x red point. The possibilities are tasty.

Males will be separated and pollen collected/labeled. I am probably going to put the tray under my mars300 footprint and just dedicate that spot just for them.

Edit to add, I don't know for sure how I am going to set things up. I know that I have 9 beans, 9 containers and a tray. I may even bust out my ghetto cfl array reflectors.. These girls are going to be tiny, but they should suffice for my mini breeding experiment. I have good vibes from this moon and planet thing that's been going on, oddly calm today. Seemed like a good day to get started.

Update on URP, she lost about 30% of her fans due to my gross negligence. Of what is left she will likely lose another 30% minimum. Buds are still nice and firm.... I just hope she doesn't start dying on me. I suppose I could go ahead and do the old early flush n chop to make room for the new buds in town .... Will have the wife take a look. Alright, that was a long edit.

Peace

All of the 9 total seeds that I soaked, sunk beautifully well before their 24 hour mark was reached. Looks like I have a busy morning ahead of me.
I was looking at led drivers on the bay for cheap. And I found some 12volt 288watt vehicle led bars that claim 14,000 lumens or so in the 6000 kelvin range. I am really trying make this work for a good price. I will be doing more browsing today. Going to see what I can use for heat sinks and look into the led strips some more.

Not sure what to do with this journal, only one plant left from my original 9, my devils have their own journal, and this new deal is a breeding experiment... I will decide later I guess.

Just a few shots of that color coming in. Maybe it will increase a bit in the next 2-3 days. She dried out so bad the other night. I wanted another 2 weeks out of her. I wish there was an emoji that was me smacking myself in the forehead and looking down in shame... :passitleft:

Oh, I know. First plant I ever killed, by accident. I am going to smoke the hell out of her:ganjamon:.
So before this thread gets closed.
3 purple zebra crosses in 40oz hempys yielded me about 4oz total, that includes larfy lowers. The first two I harvested were energetic and focussed, the crooked gal is the same, but when you smoke enough it gets psychedelic.
2 Durban bubble crosses in 20oz hempys yielded about 1oz smokeable. Racy, very much like Durban poison with lemons
1 unknown cross in a sock (piney) yielded about an ounce of killer killer budz. The best ever. Psychedelic AF.
1 unknown cross 20oz hempy (bansai) yielded about a ¼oz of killer bud. Very standard but great sativa stone.
And this last gal, I will guess at a ½oz don't have a report on her for a few days, guessing much of the same.

Back
Top Bottom