RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL's

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL

Can't wait to hear about the firecracker...

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL

nutella, never had it, im sure its good though, and i would love to try one of them, might have to make some my damn self one day, i still have like almost a 1/4 of shake that i stuck in the freezer from my last grow that i had forgot about and just noticed it yesterday, i wonder if its still good to use, if so i think i would try makein brownies,or maybe i'll just save it for the end of this grow and use it with the trim that i get, hopefully...:tokin:

Cool - can't wait to hear how the Firecracker turned out for you! :)
Hey, X! How goes it my man?! Look below to hear what happened....

Can't wait to hear about the firecracker...
QueenTokeLove, WELCOME to my grow, dear lady! I hope you enjoy it here, and you can always ask me anything, I love to help others! And I'm very humbled that you came to look at my garden as well,,,It's so very nice to meet you, chica! Always nice to see more chicks on here! Look below to see my firecracker review...

looks like they may have worked better than expected, lol....
Hellooooooooooo GT!! How's God this morning? lol! I hope you don't mind my little joke, I meant no disrespect! Anyways, thanks for your constant brotherly love and support of me and my grow...Just feeling your support and love, my friend, really makes me feel like your spirit is really here with me and i'm not really alone.

SO, HERE is MY review!:

Well, I made them as described above, and I put about 1.5 grams or so, more or less, on each, on a regular graham cracker half, and mixed in the raw weed into the Nutella, then put the top half of the graham cracker on the top of the mixture of wed and Nutella and stirred it with a long wooden toothpick-kinda thing, like what she had and wrapped them into foil square packets, which gave me 2 graham crackers sandwiches,of which I put them right into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, then I got impatient, and moved them into the freezer, and left them there another 10 minutes, then broke out one and ate it.....

As for taste: Well, it kind of tastes okay, and they are right about it not getting runny at all! It got hard, and I DID finally get a little stone and high for a few hours..It tasted kinda yucky with uncooked weed, andI think it should have been much better, so next time, I'm going to "pre-bake" the weed in an oven cooking bag, to de-carb it that way, THEN make it into canna-oil. THEN make some more brownies or zuchinni bread with the zuchinni our neighbor grew and we exchanged him tomaotes and home made pickeld cucumbers...

Plus, I think it's funny that GT could also tell I was buzzed...my wife said I was too, but I only slightly felt it....oh well, experiment, experiment, experiment, they say, and you will eventually get it right if you really want to...

Peace out there to all my homies!

I'll be back later- got 2 dead batteries in the big diesel truck i'm changing out this am by myself, so I had to come back in and finish it, so I can go get the neww batteries...

Talk to ya all later, peace, and have a beautiful day!
:peacetwo::circle-of-love::Namaste: l

RV--Thanks for the welcome. Hardly any females on here? Really? I guess that make me and the ones that are pretty special huh? lol...Sorry the baking experience didn't come out the way you wanted but like you said experiment. I have never tried brownies with weed in them, maybe one day. I have been posting mad questions about lighting in my threads and some others so I kinda hate to be repetitive but here it goes....

Doing a closet grow how many and what is the best watt to use? The space the plants are in is 24X 50....Just called a light store and the garden store...For lights that put out 2500 lumens or 6500 lumens cost between 30 and 40 bucks per light. HD or some place has to have them for lower than that I hope.

Uh, ok, got worried with my babies. So I took the 100w so called grow lights out and put all clfs in their place. 4 14w which when I looked it up said 14w is equal to 750 lumens plus I have one 23 w and a 38w...I hope that is good enough for now until I can get a few more.

them damn grow lights aren't worth a damn, all they do is cook everything, i started with them aswell not knowing anything, then i switched to cfls, you could prolly find a 12 pack for like $20 at HD, i go with the 3300 lumens because i read in the grow bible and on a chart on here that bulbs that are 3300 lumens are good for vegging and flowering, and so far they have done just that, what you have now may work for maybe 1 plant at the most.. but yea you would definitely have to get more, just my opinion.. :tokin:

Uh, ok, got worried with my babies. So I took the 100w so called grow lights out and put all clfs in their place. 4 14w which when I looked it up said 14w is equal to 750 lumens plus I have one 23 w and a 38w...I hope that is good enough for now until I can get a few more.

Hi, Queen! Here's some good info on lighting:

Jackerspackle's Lighting Coverage Primer

What are Compact Fluorescents and How Can I use them for Growing?

What distance should my light be from my plants?

I hope that helps!

Well, guys, thanks for jumping on and helping out Queen today for me...I was busy all day! And I am just now stopping chores and doing MY stuff, namely, catching up on here.
Sukafr33- congratulations on those females! I will go check out your grow again either tonight or tomorrow, I promise, cuz I want to see what's going on over there....

Mr. Krip- thanks again for coming to the rescue of a new member that was looking for help while I was out working on a bunch of chores and running errands all day, etc.. I very much appreciate it when you are on here and see someone like her looking for help and you help her, that's so cool, bro... It doesn't threaten me or anything like that at all...I'm totally cool with people using my thread to help others on, lol! It's all totally cool with me, cuz I usually learn something new everyday on here, and sometimes its when someone else is getting help from others...

QueenTokeLove, thanks for stopping in and asking for that help...I'm so sory I was out all day taking care of business, if I was here and had been online this am and all day like usual, I certainly would have answered you immediately, I swear..Our brothers on here did what we all strive to do here, and just jumped in and tried to help you since I hadn't responded, and that's why I LOVE this site, and don't operate on ANY other MJ site at all, this place is IT for me, I LOVE IT HERE!!!:circle-of-love:

ALso, QTL, I personally think that for the start of vegging like where you are at the moment, what you got already that you described, will be fine for now....I promise. Mr. Krip and Xlr8, and a few other cool dudes/ ladies will agree, as they told ME the same thing.....don't FREAL out, and think you gotta have over 16,000 lumens IMMEDIATELY to even grow anything, or that you GOTTA have only 6500k cfls, for the blue spectrum, cuz that's the ONLY thing you can use during the flowering period, and that the 2300k cfl's that are down in the red spectrum, are the ONLY bulbs you can use during flowering.....
These are all myths....
These guys that help me have been growing for years, some even a lifetime, like 40+ years or more for some guys! Anyways, they assured me that you can grow with either of these bulbs during either period and be fine...it's not so much about the bulb as it is about the TIME periods! Like in other words- it's like when you flip them to 12/12, THAT'S what's going to cause any real CHANGES in the plant, you know? At least, that's my messed up, laymen's term's version of what I am trying to say...

And the last thing to report, is that I harvested Xena today after about 28 hours of darkness, and I got 13 "stems" full of buds off her at harvest, ( I had taken 6 small ones, about 4" long, earlier, to test) so I weighed each one, and each one IS numbered , so I know which one is which and how much each one will weigh AFTER drying too this way...My total wet weight was 129 grams, now that does include their stems right now, as that's what they are hanging from- we straightened out paper clips and then bent the ends to a hook then punch the hook end thru the stem, and then hung them all on the coat hangers. Now they are in the flowering closet in the dark, with the exhaust fan next to them, drawing out the super stinky air she's putting off now, since she's been ready to pluck this last week or two- she's REALLY been stinky! But I LOVE it, and so does our pug...she's standing right next to the closet, with her head up, just licking the air like cray, cuz she LOVES weed! Loves the smell, loves to eat a few fans now and then, and I know it's okay for her.
Anyways, I am recording this all on paper right now, and will continue to do so, but I have almost 5 oz's wet, so I'm hoping for at least an oz and a half, or more, dried, because the buds are pretty hard, full of resin, and so I hope I don't lose that much weight as they dry, I don't think they will......

I don't plan on tasting any until they are really pretty cured, at least CLOSE to done curing, but I won't KNOW when it's time until I DO taste them, huh??? Well, I think you all know what I mean..I don't want to touch any if I don't have to till it's done cuz I have already took over 30 grams during my previous "taste tests", so I don't want to lose any more.....

So I will post a few pics tomorrow showing us harvesting and trimming the buds today and hanging them on hangers, etc....

Till then, everyone have a great evening, and again, I thank you all so much for helping me out by helping out another friend, and that helps me as well. And welcome QTL! I look forward to getting to know you, I'll be sending you a friend request, so we can catch up and such...

Okay everyone, much love to all, stay safe, and have happy happy green dreams forever.....:thanks::thumb::peacetwo::circle-of-love:

"QueenTokeLove, thanks for stopping in and asking for that help...I'm so sory I was out all day taking care of business, if I was here and had been online this am and all day like usual, I certainly would have answered you immediately, I swear..Our brothers on here did what we all strive to do here, and just jumped in and tried to help you since I hadn't responded, and that's why I LOVE this site"

Rv, not a problem, the thread is very informative though the conversion of watts to lumens is still confusing to me. And some of watts I am using were not mentioned here.I guess cuz some of the ones I am using for now are kinda low as in 14w which converts into 750 lumens, 5 of those and a 26w and a 23 w. The 14s equal out to 3500 lumens, I think and not sure about the last two.

I also have fallen in love with this site. I also appreciate how people jumped in to help, that means a lot to me. I won't hold it against you that you have other things to do which require your time. Being that I am disabled, I spend a lot of time at home and it is good to have something worthwhile occupy my time other than gaming. And at the end being able to see the fruits of my labor. I have been known to kill fish and plants usually due to over feeding but since MJ is such a durable plant I may stand a chance.

"ALso, QTL, I personally think that for the start of vegging like where you are at the moment, what you got already that you described, will be fine for now....I promise."

I had read here or somewhere that it takes 4-6 weeks for the veg cycle, am at the middle of the 6th week but not sure if I should take it longer or not. Due to the fact that honestly I don't know if I have Indicas or Sativas. Yes, I read the threads on them and have them bookmarked but still hard for my amatuer eye to tell. Maybe you can check out my gallery or thread called Hello to let me know. Any can. I think I might have 2 Indicas since they seem short and stubby

Xena, is she named after the Warrior Princess? I use to love that show! I know for my first run I prolly will not be no where near her size. Maybe in the future after a few grows under my belt. At this point I will just be happy to finish the grow and see how it turns out. I have 6 plants total, the tallest is 16 in and the shortest one is only 11 in.

Also thanks to you guys who jumped in to help and posted links. Some of them I had already had bookmarked and one just really confused the hell outta me. Mainly because I suck at measuring. Maybe I should post a pic of the closet I am working out of, idk.

Queen, the longer you veg, the bigger the plant, and the bigger the yield. A veg period is not required, though, and some people will grow 12/12 straight from seed.

That being said, when you flip the switch to 12/12, you can expect your plants to double or even triple in size. So, you need to figure out how much height you have to work with (don't forget to consider the lights!) and then, by the time they get to about 1/3 of that height (for an unknown pheno), I'd make the flip.

You may find that it only doubles in size in flower. If so, on your next grow, you can veg a little longer. You can also use LST, Supercropping and other training techniques to help control the height of the plant.

Queen, the longer you veg, the bigger the plant, and the bigger the yield. A veg period is not required, though, and some people will grow 12/12 straight from seed.

That being said, when you flip the switch to 12/12, you can expect your plants to double or even triple in size. So, you need to figure out how much height you have to work with (don't forget to consider the lights!) and then, by the time they get to about 1/3 of that height (for an unknown pheno), I'd make the flip.

You may find that it only doubles in size in flower. If so, on your next grow, you can veg a little longer. You can also use LST, Supercropping and other training techniques to help control the height of the plant.

Really? About the veg cycle, so why am I reading 4-6 weeks? This must be the time it will take for the plant to mature, yes? Height will not be a problem for me since I don't have a low ceiling, width maybe considering I have 6 plants but can place some on the floor of the closet with additional lighting when the time comes. I am considering starting the flowering cycle maybe Friday, if not the beginning of next month for sure. I will post a pic of the closet in the near future...:thanks:

Really? About the veg cycle, so why am I reading 4-6 weeks? This must be the time it will take for the plant to mature, yes? Height will not be a problem for me since I don't have a low ceiling, width maybe considering I have 6 plants but can place some on the floor of the closet with additional lighting when the time comes. I am considering starting the flowering cycle maybe Friday, if not the beginning of next month for sure. I will post a pic of the closet in the near future...:thanks:

Correct! :thumb:

In 4-6 weeks she'll be fully mature and most likely, already showing her sex. But, you can put the plant into flower long before that.

420fied has a great journal doing a large SOG and he's only vegging his plants 3-4 days. You can check it out here:

Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Hey there, I got your reply on my Blackberry, and wanted to really reply to you right away, even though I thought I wasn't going to be back on tonight, but I want to help...
First of all, like you, I was worried about EVER Y single thng you have mentioned, and now, 6 months down the road, and now I don't even worry about these little issues anymore...and you shouldn't either....Converting watts to lumens, I don't think that's something I've ever heard of....I thought they were 2 completely different things...WATTS is the amount of energy that the bulb produces I think, and LUMENS, is the amount of light that the bulb produces, I think.....I know Mr. Krip's and Sukafr33's links will certainly explain the difference between the 2...

Also, I am disabled as well. I talk about it occasionally through my journals, that's where I am so lucky to have a supportive wife, who, although she's not into it, she is so glad that I'M using it to come off all the pain meds I've been on for over 6 years now, and between those and the arthritis meds, they are literally killing me....THIS is my job...taking care of myself everyday, and growing my own miracle medicine, because I have always loved gardening anyways, and indoor plants, I love ALL living things, and respect their right to life and the freedom to live their lives as freely as we do...

Now, as for the vegging thing, trust me, if those plants are 6 weeks old and they are 14' to 16" already, FLIP THEM SOON! They are going to double or even TRIPLE in size when they go into flowering, so if it were ME, I would have flipped them now. On my next grow that I'm raising the clones for right now, I'm not even going to veg them at ALL! Yep! I've seen so many people on here save so much time and money by trying this method....Since they double or triple in size in flower, it works, they grow in size at the same time they are making buds, so you can finish so much quicker! And the yield is just fine when you do this, look at stevehman's journal...he NEVER EVER veg's his grows...clones go straight to flower....He gets AWESOME results because he developed a system that re-circulates the nutrients through a trough that he has holes drilled into on top or the plants to grow out of in little net pots....He gets MASSIVE buds, as long as his fore arm! NO LIE! And huge amounts when he harvests, and he's only growing like a dozen or so plants at a time, just on 12/12 after the clones make roots and go into the system. Forget about what the books say "has" to happen, and read the journals on here....you'll see people doing stuff you've never heard of on here because they are so many mavericks on here , that push the limits and try all kinds of new and different things...I'm just saying, I'm an uptight anal freak, and even I have learned to loosen up and go with the flow, on my grow, and in life, etc....and all because the other guys on here that look out for me showed me how to let my expectations go, and just try new ideas, let things just be okay, even though my grow can't afford those nice $1000 lights, or $500 lights, or even $200 lights, so I made my own light reflector hood from directions I got on here, and put in my own walmart-bought, cheap cfls, and got the same results with my $30-$40 investment in the parts and bulbs to to make this hood myself, so I did.

Also, yes, lol, I DID name her after the show, because she's an awesome MMJ strain and is supposed to have a thc content of like 20% or more, so after smoking only brown mexi-brick-weed schwag for the last 23 years here in Az, since I left Cali, where I used to get 4 finger Oz's of fat, sticky, AWESOME buds for a bill! Nowdays, the kids call that "chronic", lol, that SO cracks me up! It's just good bud, kids, that's all! But yeah, I'm a total Xena FREAK ever since it came out in '96....I have every episode on DVD, in a box set, AND a friend gave me a 10th anniversary box set, AND I have the 1st 2 Xena comic books that came out back in '96, and a trading card of Xena, that has Lucy Lawless' autograph on it, and I have posters of Xena and Gabrielle....yeah, even coats, rain parkas, coffee cups, and other stuff....

And my PLANT xena, wasn't THAT big, when I harvested her tonight we only got 13 limbs off of her, probably more than 30-40 buds of various sizes on those 13 stems, but they are hanging from coat hangers, after I pierced them with a paperclip and then hung them from the coat hanger with the paperclip...they are up hanging from the clothes bar in the closet that the lights and such hang from, with just a small box fan below going on a low speed below the plants, and then the exhaust fan also going, right next to the hangers of buds, pulling air out, so the air flow should go up and right past the buds, but not blowing directly on them.

I will keep you all posted on the progress of the dry and cure...

I hope you can learn to just read as much info as you can, but still realize it's okay to do things your own way, as long as you know you have all the main ingredients to grow the plants, then save money and make what you can, and save here you can, because all the new fancy equipment and things that we all think we HAVE to have at first, after about 6 months it seems, we all who were once new are now like the others, and realize that it's okay to do it on the cheap, in fact, it can be the preferred way to do things...the more money you save, well, in today's world, I'd rather spend it on my bills, than on extra expensive grow stuff I don't need...

So anyways, I'm signing off again, and will post those pics tomorrow, and anymore updates if anything changes...

Take care everyone! Peace!:circle-of-love:

"QueenTokeLove, thanks for stopping in and asking for that help...I'm so sory I was out all day taking care of business, if I was here and had been online this am and all day like usual, I certainly would have answered you immediately, I swear..Our brothers on here did what we all strive to do here, and just jumped in and tried to help you since I hadn't responded, and that's why I LOVE this site"

Rv, not a problem, the thread is very informative though the conversion of watts to lumens is still confusing to me. And some of watts I am using were not mentioned here.I guess cuz some of the ones I am using for now are kinda low as in 14w which converts into 750 lumens, 5 of those and a 26w and a 23 w. The 14s equal out to 3500 lumens, I think and not sure about the last two.

I also have fallen in love with this site. I also appreciate how people jumped in to help, that means a lot to me. I won't hold it against you that you have other things to do which require your time. Being that I am disabled, I spend a lot of time at home and it is good to have something worthwhile occupy my time other than gaming. And at the end being able to see the fruits of my labor. I have been known to kill fish and plants usually due to over feeding but since MJ is such a durable plant I may stand a chance.

"ALso, QTL, I personally think that for the start of vegging like where you are at the moment, what you got already that you described, will be fine for now....I promise."

I had read here or somewhere that it takes 4-6 weeks for the veg cycle, am at the middle of the 6th week but not sure if I should take it longer or not. Due to the fact that honestly I don't know if I have Indicas or Sativas. Yes, I read the threads on them and have them bookmarked but still hard for my amatuer eye to tell. Maybe you can check out my gallery or thread called Hello to let me know. Any can. I think I might have 2 Indicas since they seem short and stubby

Xena, is she named after the Warrior Princess? I use to love that show! I know for my first run I prolly will not be no where near her size. Maybe in the future after a few grows under my belt. At this point I will just be happy to finish the grow and see how it turns out. I have 6 plants total, the tallest is 16 in and the shortest one is only 11 in.

Also thanks to you guys who jumped in to help and posted links. Some of them I had already had bookmarked and one just really confused the hell outta me. Mainly because I suck at measuring. Maybe I should post a pic of the closet I am working out of, idk.

"Hey there, I got your reply on my Blackberry, and wanted to really reply to you right away, even though I thought I wasn't going to be back on tonight, but I want to help...
First of all, like you, I was worried about EVER Y single thng you have mentioned, and now, 6 months down the road, and now I don't even worry about these little issues anymore...and you shouldn't either....Converting watts to lumens, I don't think that's something I've ever heard of....I thought they were 2 completely different things...WATTS is the amount of energy that the bulb produces I think, and LUMENS, is the amount of light that the bulb produces, I think.....I know Mr. Krip's and Sukafr33's links will certainly explain the difference between the 2..."

Awesome, I have a Blackberry too, a curve maybe we can bbm? Just kidding, I rarely use it. I am a night owl and since I can't seem to get this blasted timer I just bought to work, I am usually up til 4am every night. So I am really anxious for the 12/12 cycle so I can go to sleep somewhat early. Now that is dedication! Yeah, I look at the girls often everyday, still trying to analyze them. I still think at this point that I have all girls and maybe 2 Indicas.

"Also, I am disabled as well. I talk about it occasionally through my journals, that's where I am so lucky to have a supportive wife, who, although she's not into it,"

Yeah, I have 2 things going on with me health wise, one has been since 97 and the other like 5 years ago. My bf has been great about it too. He usually does all the setting up and leaves the growing up to me. But he likes to puff too so it is perfect. And he loves the fact that I am learning so much from this site. Everytime I learn something new, I go running to him about it.

"Now, as for the vegging thing, trust me, if those plants are 6 weeks old and they are 14' to 16" already, FLIP THEM SOON! They are going to double or even TRIPLE in size when they go into flowering, so if it were ME, I would have flipped them now."

I have one that went from 14 in to 16in, the others are like 11 and 12 in. I am so ready to flip them now. But then I start thinking maybe they aren't mature enough yet. I know I know, flip them already! So you can clone in soil? It seems like I am always reading about people on here cloning but using some type of device to do this or that. I am using FF products for this first grow but am confused by something. I have Big Grow and Big Bloom but was also told that I need the Tiger Bloom too. I am wondering why because I thought the Big Bloom was suppose to be used during flowering so why do I need the Tiger Bloom? Also, I see people are flavoring their grow during the flowering stage, can this be done say a few days before you start flowering? My babies have had their nutes so was wondering if I could add some flavoring to their next watering?

Wow, and I thought I was a Xena fan. You definitely got me beat. I use to watch the show religiously but never bought anything. I use to love Hercules too. I am a sucker for anything really that has to do with Greek or Roman mythology.

Okay my friends, here is the pics from the harvest of Xena yesterday evening....

First, Here's the buds after they were cut off the plant, before trimming...
8_23_11_14_buds_on_a_stick_.jpg

Here is Xena half gone!
8_23_11_Xena_is_half_gone_just_big_bud_now_.jpg

Here she is down to her very last bud, the biggest one, I saved it for last!
8_23_11_Xenas_down_to_her_last_big_cola_.jpg

And here are the buds after trimming them, prior to being hung to dry...
8_23_11_My_buds_after_trimming.jpg

And that gave me 2 hangars full of buds to dry! Yea!
8_23_11_2_hangars_full_of_buds_.jpg

So Xena's buds are finally drying in the flowering closet that they've been in for the last4 months..
8_23_11_Xenas_buds_are_finally_drying_.jpg

And another shot of the buds drying on hangars...
8_23_11_My_N_Lite_x_Skunk_buds_drying_.jpg

Here's Xena's biggest buds besides the top one, are here drying...
8_23_11_Xenas_biggest_buds_drying.jpg

And here is my last shot, the biggest bud I had, the top bud, now finally drying....
8_23_11_My_biggest_bud_drying_.jpg

So I am trying to keep the closet envirement stable, and this is proving to be more of a pain in the butt than I had anticipated....I remember the numbers of about 75 degrees and 60%-50% humidity as the zone to be in while drying in the 1st 3 days or so, and then slowly lower the Rh, to the lowest Rh I should have, which I believe should be about 45% and above, if I am remembering everything right...I DO remember it being said over and over, that if it gets below 45%, then it's too dry, and it's never going to be RE-hydrated once it's DE-hydrated. That's it at that point...45% humidity is death to weed apparently...Like it'll kill the thc or something to that degree....I can't remember the exact details, as they are not in front of me, but even though my memory isn't too great, I remember the stuff that really scares me or counts or what ever, and that shit SCARED ME!!! lol! Seriously, I'm so terrified of letting it get too dry...I know I did that to my hermied crop like 3 or so months ago, and it didn't even work for my canna-oil right after that...so I am not going to make that mistake again. I guess it isn't even an issue for most of you out there...but in the desert, where we have only 12-15% Rh on average around here, and then when we use A/C to cool our room like we do, that just keeps it dry inside the house here as well, so it's only about 30-35% humidity IN the house, normally...and so I broke out my cool humidifier, the one I use when I'm sick with my asthma or some other breathing issues, and put it on the floor of the closet below the hanging buds...it's an "ultra-sonic" kind, meaning it's the kind that breaks the water particle down into it's tiniest size, so it's like a fog, that floats up and dissipates, not a wet spray....It brought the Rh in the top of the closet where the buds are from where they were at 35-39%, to 45-48% within about 5 minutes....I think that's great, but still not enough, so I just raised the humidifier up on top of a little blue mini-sized tote, and it's got it up about 8-10" I think, off the ground, and I turned off the little box fan we had going on the bottom of the closet, as well. It was the one that used to blow the hot air off the tops of the plants during the day cycle, it's about 24-30" off the ground, and it was blowing my mist around so that it wasn't reaching the bud above. So I am not going to run any fan but the exhaust fan that the buds are hanging next to that is pulling air from inside the closet, and exhausting it thru the attic above. ( Also, for those who haven't been with me from the beginning, or who haven't read the 1st and this journal to catch up yet, I built up the inside of this closet special....I wanted a tent, but couldn't afford/ or have room for it, so I built the inside of the closet space I'm using, like a tent, by using large sheet plastic, like drop cloth style plastic, and then lined over that with my "cheap poor girl mylar", aka, the lining of "Purina Beneful Dog Food", any flavor, and the "emergency blankets" or "space blankets", that are just very very thin mylar, and put that stuff up on the 3 inner sides, but didn't bother with the front, as that's got too much activity being opened and closed multiple times a day sometimes, and that would just have got ruined and more of a hassle than what little aded value I would have been attempting to get out of it. Sorry, that was long, but I wanted to get y'all caught up! :nomo:
Sooooooo, back to the Rh issue while I'm drying my buds...So it's been a while and I'm about to go check now to see what the Rh is without any fans running in the closet, except for the exhaust fan that draws air OUT of the closet, and the buds are hanging just below that fan opening ( a 6" fan, btw), and Thermometer/ Hygrometer I have attached to the clothes bar that the fan duct is attached to and the clothes hangars with my buds are hanging from, is in between the 2 hangars, to gauge the temp and Rh right around where my buds are...( Oh also, that fan is a 250 C.F.M. and it really pulls the air good and you can feel it al around the exterior area that the air's moving!)
So the Rh NOW, is:40%!!! Arrrggghhh!!! What AM I doing wrong NOW??? The mist wasn't even making it up to the buds, not even close! So I unplugged the exhaust fan, and the only thing running now is the humidifier itself....
PLEASE, my friends with good experience, tell me what could I possibly be doing wrong here? Also, fyi, the buds on the hangars are about 4'8" or so, maybe a little less, off the ground, and about 24" closer to them is the humidifier below...so now I'm going to leave it for another 1/2 hour and see what changes next...Let me know what you pros think I can do better or change to fix this right away please! As you know I can't waste time right now, it's crunch time, as they say!
Thanks for the help in advance!!!:thanks::green_heart::thanks::love::adore::Namaste:

RVG, Be CAREFUL with that humidifier!!! You don't want the buds to mold, and I think you may be a little confused on RH...

The buds stop curing at below 55% RH, BUT, that's NOT 55% RH in the room. The lower humidity in the room will just make them dry quicker, but believe me, the RH in the buds right now is more than what's showing in the room.

You can determine RH of the buds by placing them in a jar WITH a mini-hygrometer and then wait for the hygrometer to come up to the proper reading (it takes time).

Now, in order to avoid a harsh taste, you do want the buds to dry slowly, and the lower RH in the room will cause them to dry quicker. You should be fine at 40% RH, but I've seen numerous harvests get ruined due to budrot because there was too much moisture in the air. Make sure you're not "misting" the buds!

Give me a minute and I'll find a pic of how you measure RH in the jars.

OK...here's the info on curing:

Cut the product, trim it per your preference, but don’t dry it until the stems snap. Take it down while the stems still have some flex, but the product feel dry on the outside. This is a perfect opportunity to drop the dry-feeling flowers onto a screen and collect prime-quality kief that would otherwise get lost in the jar.

Jar the product, along with a Caliber III hygrometer. One can be had on Ebay for ~$20. Having tested a number of hygrometers – digital and analog – this model in particular produced consistent, accurate results. Then, watch the readings:

+70% RH – too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH – the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH – the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH – at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH – the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you’ve hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won’t restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don’t panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won’t be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you’re curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it’s likely too moist.

And, here's a pic of some buds I had recently started curing:

DSCN02952.JPG

I hope that helps!
:goodluck:

P.S. I have a link where you can buy the hygrometers I'm using for cheap (like $8). I know money is tight, but PM me if you want it.

Back
Top Bottom