RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL's

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL

Okay, here goes, a try at posting the pics that I had messed up before, and the other ones I never got a chance to post! Cuz I got a SURPRISE!!! You'll see below! :

Here is that shot of the 2 girls together, in the tub, getting a Fulvic Acid root drench, and Jackie gets regular, daily, Fulvic Acid spraying of the leaves...
8_13_11_Xena_and_Jackie_together.jpg

This is the thick growth that Jackie had, leaves in every available space she has, stacked nodes and all!
8_12_11_the_massive_thick_growth_thru_the_middle_of_the_plant_.jpg

It is thick even in her upper layers...
8_12_11_the_thick_extra_growth_on_the_upper_layers_of_the_plant_.jpg

Xena's top cola is SO good looking, and I tried for the first time to squeeze it today, and it CAN'T be squeezed!!! I tried another at the bottom, SAME WAY! YEA!!! ROCK HARD BUDS!!!
8_9_11_Xenas_top_cola_is_looking_fatter.jpg

Here's another view of this awesome, frosty cola!!! I can't wait to get to that thing!
8_9_11_Xenas_top_cola_looks_SO_GOOD_.jpg

Xena even looks good on her back side too! lol!
8_13_11_8ena_looks_good_on_the_backside_too_.jpg

Here you can see that she grew to 7" in just 5 DAYS! That's 1/2 inch a DAY she's been growing on Blue Planet's "Farmer's Pride" Organic nutes! THANKS BLUE PLANET! MY PLANTS AND I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
8_13_11_Jackie_is_now_7_tall_after_5_days_on_Blue_Planet_Nutes_Thats_about_1_half_inch_a_day_.jpg

Here's Xena back in her flowering closet, with most of her nugs ready to go...
8_13_11_Xena_back_in_her_closet_with_most_of_her_nugs_ready_to_go_.jpg

Here is a shot of my Xena looking so fantastic!
8_13_11_Xena_is_looking_FanTasTic_.jpg

Xena is looking all frosty all over now! YEA!
8_13_11_Xena_is_looking_frosty_all_over_now_.jpg

These are some LOWER little fat nuggets on the main top cola arm, but down below!
8_13_11_Xena_showing_her_frosty_lower_nugs.jpg

This is Xena's side nugget that was her "secondary" top colas, in other words, next biggest...
8_13_11_one_of_Xenas_side_nugs_that_is_big_.jpg

I think Xena is really almost ready to be picked! It'll be sad to see her go, now that I think about it, but I'm sure glad I'll have her help with my pain, and that's why I grew her...
8_13_11_xena_is_almost_ready_.jpg

Here's another shot of Jackie on the left and Xena on the right, showing how thick Jackie is..
Jackie_on_the_L_and_Xena_on_the_R.jpg

This was Xena on the 9th...
my_girl_Xena_on_8_9_11.jpg

A close up of my lower buds below the top cola...
a_close_up_of_the_buds_below_the_big_top_cola.jpg

My 2nd ttempt at a shot of Xena's trichs thru my teeny tiny scope!
my_2nd_try_at_a_shot_of_my_trichs_on_Xena.jpg

A shot of the trichs on Xena...
my_trichs_on_Xena.jpg

So I got my supplies and plant together...
8_13_11_Jackies_gettin_cloned_.jpg

I tok each clone and immediately put it in peroxide, just the household strength, to keep air outta the stem, and to disinfect the outer stem, in case there were any germs on it, before proceeding with the cloning...
clones_in_peroxide.jpg

Here I am, using gloves thru the whole process, and keeping them un-touched by anything else- like a surgeon, I scored the clones twice- once on each side...
scoring_the_clones.jpg

Then I dipped them into the "Clonex" brand gel, and they were in ther about 30 seconds to a minute at the most...
clones_in_Clonex_gel.jpg

Then they went right into the rock wool cubes...
Putting_a_clone_in_the_rockwool.jpg

So I trimmed all the tips, and there they are! MY VERY FIRST SET OF CLONES!!! YEA!
8_13_11_my_1st_set_of_clones_.jpg

There they are for the next few weeks, until they grow the roots...
8_13_11_in_the_dome.jpg

Tell me what you guys think? I'm SO excited! And my beautiful wife helped me again! Awesome!

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL

I forgot to get in a pic of Jackie after her clones were taken...She's mostly just HUGE 2-finger width leaves on GIANT fans bigger than my hands, and the new growth on the very top node and the 2 new tops on either side of the place where the original top was, but I took that too, and I took a medium sized fan and tried to make a clone out of it, I don't know if that works or not, we'll see I guess, but I thought I better soak all the cubes and hope I could use them all, so I tried to...I am PRAYING they take!
8_13_11_Jackie_after_taking_12_clones_.jpg
And I still have another question for you, my knowledgable friends. Do you think it's okay that I mist the clones, maybe just once or twice as needed I guess, with the fulvic acid water? I'm using it on Jackie, and she's so perky everyday, within hours of feeding her her BP Nutes, and misting the leaves with the Fulvic acid, her leaves are stretched skyward! It is so cool to literally see a plant MOVE like right before your eyes! This is one of the addictive things about growing I can feel....I am already trying to keep my mind and mister bottle OFF the new clones! lol! I am so paranoid they are gonna die for sure with my past luck at germination....
Well, I love the BP nutes thus far, they seem to make my plant very happy and healthy, and the smells not too bad once you dilute it into like 1/4th or 1/2 strength to start, like I did, I just started at 1/2 and have left it that way till I just used up the one gallon in exactly 7 days...she grew exactly 3&1/2 inches in that week! That's a lot of growing I think, personally...Anyways, thanks again, BPN! And thanks again, to Mr. Krip , X, GT, and ALL my buddies/friends what ever we call ourselves to eachother, for your help with my grows...I couldn't have done this without you all!:circle-of-love:

RV, you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you having success with my Organic nutrients. Yes, they smell HORRIBLE....the grow and bloom that is. I was experimenting today with a different ways to compost my GROW and after washing my hands 5 times, I still cannot get the smell off. One thing for sure is this....you will have some tasty buds! just be sure to Shake really well, the solid insolubles will settle to the bottom very quickly and that is the stuff that you need! I really like how well you detail your journal my friend....props go to you :adore:

Well, cool, I'm glad you like my postings...I told you that I am a REAL BLOGGER or whatever! I love 420.com, and all my friends here, that help me out all the time, and now you, too...I'm so thankful you picked me, so so so thankful! And my plant appears to be as well! She's very happy and healthy, and I'm very happy too! Thanks again, BPN...Stay tuned!:popcorn:
RV, you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you having success with my Organic nutrients. Yes, they smell HORRIBLE....the grow and bloom that is. I was experimenting today with a different ways to compost my GROW and after washing my hands 5 times, I still cannot get the smell off. One thing for sure is this....you will have some tasty buds! just be sure to Shake really well, the solid insolubles will settle to the bottom very quickly and that is the stuff that you need! I really like how well you detail your journal my friend....props go to you :adore:

Oh yeah! and my wife suggests trying to use lemons on your hands, or lemon juice from the bottle- it's pretty good at destroying odors! Or I can suggest, from MY days as an exterminator/termite tech for 20 years, that you try a product called, "Nature's Miracle", it's strong enough to take out the smell of SKUNK! And it doesn't get any worse than that! I did skunk de-smelling jobs all the time with the stuff, and they sell it at walmsrt, petsmart, places like that, online probably, it can be diluted as necessary or used straight up if it's as bad as a skunk you're dealing with! Leaves an awesome citrus smell behind. Good luck, and yeah, I DO shake the nutes bottle every time before I feed her...No worries ther but thanks for the heads up in any way you can think of! Thanks again! RVG:goodluck::green_heart:

Looking great my friend!! And BPN you are the man, for helping my friend out +rep

i dont know why it took me this long to get in here, but im along for the ride now, looks good.. Also i got them pics posted so you could see what i was talkin about..if you got a minute come check me out and let me know what you think..

natures miracle rocks! kills all stains and smells... and it Will get that nasty Organic smell and color out of clothing to!
your girls look good!

Looking great my friend!! And BPN you are the man, for helping my friend out +rep

GT, you're 100% correct and I've been thinking the same thing.

@ BPN - I know BPN is "hooking up" several growers here on 420 with nutes and I understand the marketing initiative, but with RVG, you guys really did a good thing, in addition to the marketing! +REPS from me, too! :welldone:

Ya, there is marketing initiative behind it but I also have a Passion for growing cannabis. Just seeing that I contribute to growing fine herb is very satisfying to me ;)

Well, I can't thank you enough, Blue Planet.....Seriously, I am SO thankful! And they seem to be FINE nutrients! My plant is VERY happy! She stretches for the sky, straight up, everyday, all day! THAT'S a happy plant! lol! But seriously, I can't every say thank you enough....
And as for an update, everything is growing great, the N. Lites x Skunk, Xena, is SO CLOSE to being taken...I've taken a few sprigs off her, dried them in front of the A/C and fan, to dry it out a bit, and then am jar curing it, and after a few days, it's usually dry enough to put in a vape and slowly toke on it that way.....it's a bit harsh, burns the throat a little, but seems to be a decent smoke...but i understand that the only way to get ALL the THC there is to get outta the plant material, is to have is CURED, that's how the sugars break down, etc...I THINK that's the way it goes, I may be off a bit in how I'm explaining it, and if I am, I apologize, I'm just going off of my semi-intact memory...
But I think I will be harvesting Xena within a week or 2 at the latest, because she has about 80-90% milky white trichs, and of those, 50% or more amber trichs, oon my lower buds, and on my big main cola and a few of the taller buds, they are about 50% milky white trichs, and of those, about 30% are amber...that seems too soon for my needs- pain control...don't you all agree? Is there anyone out there that knows about this part of the process? How to wait for the type of results you want, and how to recognize when it's time for each type of result you are looking for?
Thanks again, all my great friends! Much peace and love back to you!

OH! And after almost 72 hours, the clones look the same, they wilted a bit yesterday when I tried to move them, so I put them back, in the tote with their momma plant, next to her in the bottom of the tote....it's 75.4 degrees on the bottom of the tote, so that's the temp they are growing at...I hope that's warm enough...They look FINE today! I misted them with the Fulvic Acid water yesterday when I put them back in their tote with the momma plant (Jackie)...
SO I guess that answered my own question I asked a while back- whether or not I could use the Fulvic Acid water on the clones or not? So now I finally answered myself! YES! It works!

Okay everyone....
Here's the latest update, for Wednesday, August 17th, 2011....
First off, Xena, the only remaining Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1, is still in flower...about week 8 or 9 I think, and her trichs are all about 50% or more, milky...especially on the lower buds...And the amber ones are at about 30-50% right now.....so close, but just not quite yet....I need this plant for pain control...these will be my night-time meds, this plant will be. So I am going to keep on waiting a bit longer...Now, as far as Jackie goes, she's lost all her inner leaves, except for the 2 top nodes....so she is recovering from taking all those clones from her! She seems quite healthy though....stretches for the sky every morning and stays that way all day! lol, but true! I LOVE Jackie !lol, it's like she's got her own personality!
And that's the last thing I wanted to mention- the clones...they seem to be doing very well today! They actually perked back up last night and then especially this AM, after I sprayed them with the Fulvic Acid water....I think it's making the difference between HAVING clones and NOT having clones!
Okay, here are the pics!

Here's Jackie's new growth up on top now....
8_17_11_Jackies_new_growth_on_top_.jpg

Jackie HAD a curved stalk, so I used the string and a few holes drilled into her bucket, and got it to straighten out....
8_17_11_Jackies_stalk_curved.jpg

Here's a pic of Jackie and the clones in the box next to her...
8_17_11_Jackie_and_her_babies_next_to_her_.jpg

And here's the clones on their 4th day....and this is the 1st day that they have "perked up" since I took them 4 days ago....

All in all, I'd have to say that the Blue Planet Nutes are working fine so far....everything looks so healthy and big right now, and that is all they get, besides a tiny bit of "Superthrive" I add 10 drops per gallon, to help the young plants....
It looks like the clones may make it after all, although it's certainly too early to tell. We will see in another few weeks...
But I will keep you all updated daily or almost daily...
Peace!
8_17_11_Clones_on_day_4_.jpg

rv, looking great and cant wait to see xena when shes all done(shes so dam sexy). also jackie looking nice, cograts on ur clone and hope they make it, anyway gl my friend

Thanks for stoppin' in on my grow, bro....good to have ya here! I have some clones I just took- my very first try at it, too! They look like they are going to live! I'm so stoked! I hope you get a chance to go back and READ my journals.....I've done a LOT of learning in the last 8 months or so....so you might find some valuable stuff in there for yourself.....I mean, it's up to you, of course, but I highly recommend it.....
I'm subbed to your grow too, it looks fine, bro, things are going to get better, I'm pretty sure, they look strong to me, and a little yellow or what ever here and there alone shouldn't kill them,,,but it is a sign that there's something you have to do...nature's way of saying, "HEY! PAY ATTENTION! I NEED HELP!!!" lol! Anyways, good to see ya bro, and let me know what you think or what ever, Peace!
:peace::love::goodluck::welldone::yahoo:
i dont know why it took me this long to get in here, but im along for the ride now, looks good.. Also i got them pics posted so you could see what i was talkin about..if you got a minute come check me out and let me know what you think..

[COLOR="Blue"Hey there p90, how ya doin' tonight???
Thanks for all the compliments....I don't know that I or my plant are that worthy, but who am I to tell a man, or I mean, person, what to think! I will just say, "Thank you, very much my friend!", and accept your compliments! lol! Yeah, Xena's almost ready, I think another week or so....I just gotta wait on her a bit more, I don't want to waste her potential 22-24% THC for my pain...ya know what I mean? Thanks for the luck, on my first try i know I need all the luck I can get!
Much love to ya friend! :thanks::peace::love: [/COLOR][quote="pilot90, post: 1346692"]rv, looking great and cant wait to see xena when shes all done(shes so dam sexy). also jackie looking nice, cograts on ur clone and hope they make it, anyway gl my friend[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, hey everyone, what do you all think about when to take Xena? I think I did a pretty good description of her trichs in my posts up above......I would rather wait than take her too soon, so i am not worried about that....But I just need to know maybe what to look for before I take her, if I need to do anything special in anyone's opinion....and what's the BEST way to hang the plant and/or buds? I've heard hanging the whole plant causes it to be much more harsh, and "green" or "clorophyll" tasting...like grass in the yard basically.....So I hear people saying, and I see them doing it, they are cutting the buds at their bases I think, and are just hanging each bud on a string, coat hanger, etc....then jarring them for curing in a jar still on their stems I guess, till the stems "snap" I've been told....then curing by jarring in a mason jar, and burping once or more daily, till the buds have changed...that part is where I have to stop, because I don't know what happens next yet.....
So any ideas, recipes, thoughts, etc....please throw them all in! Thanks everyone! I am sending all of you my positive vibes.....
Much love!

just make sure whatever you cure them in that you burp them like every couple hours i would say, because if not, that mold and shit will attack and i mean fast, im talkin as fast as over night, it happened to me so trust me, and it was the cola that it happened to so i was soo pissed, i ended up pickin the mold off and ended up sellin it to some old lady lol, but yea you wanna burp it as much as possible, thats just my opinion.. :tokin:

No dude, that's totally cool that you jumped in and said that! No one has ever told me anything like that before! I'm VERY thankful that you shared that with me, cuz I only have been ding it like once a day, and sometimes I skip days cuz I just forget.....I know, that's bad, and really, it's not buds I'm forgetting- it's the shake, and "sugar leaves" that I have harvested lately that I have been forgetting to burp...and I want them to come out as good as they possibly can, because I DO use them in making "canna-oil" right now.....and the left-over brown material that's left after I "vape".....I hear people are using that tuff in "medibles" because the THC still isn't all used up in that stuff- that's what I keep hearing, so I'm saving up a few ounces, then I'm going to cook it with some oil on the stove for a few hours and try to extract all the THC left in that stuff so I can use that in other foods for my pain.....
Yeah, bro, I don't want NO bugs or molds in here....don't think I have to worry too much about molds out here.....we are up in the high high desert and we have an outside RH of about 11-15% year-round....We have what we call "monsoon rains" in the summer....but they always dry up every afternoon....so it's never very humid around here....
And I think it's totally cool that you spoke up for me, and warned me about some I never heard about yet....sorry to hear about that excellent cola getting messed up with that mold...that totally sucks.....

I hope this grow is kick ass bro! PEACE! :morenutes::peacetwo::goodluck::love:
just make sure whatever you cure them in that you burp them like every couple hours i would say, because if not, that mold and shit will attack and i mean fast, im talkin as fast as over night, it happened to me so trust me, and it was the cola that it happened to so i was soo pissed, i ended up pickin the mold off and ended up sellin it to some old lady lol, but yea you wanna burp it as much as possible, thats just my opinion.. :tokin:

yea you and me both, and you still gotta figure that the leaves and stuff still have moisture in them so there for its gonna create its own humidity from bein sealed, but yea i would burp it every couple hours just for the hell of it, just to be safe nothin happens, when i cured mines i used old candle jars that i ended up scoopin the rest of the wax out and cleanin it up, the smell that was left over in the jar made the weed taste like maulberrys, people were amazed when i let them smell it, smelled and tasted just like some fruit, i dont know why i said this but it was cool how it made the weed taste..

Hey there everyone, I just am posting a few pics I took today of Xena, my Northern Lights#5 x Skunk#1, because I was dealing with her today, draining the water outta the outer bucket that I had her main bucket in, and checking her trichs, as I am used to doing everyday or so....She still has about 50-75% milky trichs and a lot more amber ones are showing up on the top colas now...in some places on her top nugs, it's ALL amber in some spots, like it seems on like "edges", of the leaves, or plant material, so to say...So I'm having a tough time saying "she's ready", yet, cuz I think she can go a lot longer, even though she's a 4 month old plant already, going on 5! I mean, shouldn't I wait on her fans to yellow out? Or is it really all about the trichs??? I'd love to hear a great bunch of responses come back on this, cuz I really don't want to pull her early at ALL, I've already taken at least a half dozen "sprigs", as I call them, from her lower trunk area, for one, to see how far along she was, and 2, when I was "in between" my monthly allowance of "schwag" that I survive on right now.
Okay, so here is the pics!

Here's a silohuette shot of Xena, before she went back into her closet today...
8_19_11_Xenas_over_16_weeks_old_now_her_top_cola_is_AWESOME_.jpg

Xena is almost ready, and is covered with crystals all over her buds, the top ones and the lower ones too!
8_19_11_Xena_is_almost_ready_.jpg

This is Xena's biggest bud and her top cola...
8_19_11_Xenas_biggest_bud_and_her_top_cola.jpg

Here is Xena's 2nd biggest cola...and it's STILL very big!
8_19_11_Xenas_2nd_biggest_cola.jpg

Xena's going to be ready very, very soon, and I'm going to miss her!
8_19_11_Xenas_soon_to_be_plucked_.jpg

Another shot of her before Xena went back int o the flowering closet today...
8_19_11_xena_b4_goin_back_n_her_closet_.jpg

Here is a shot of her from up above, with my left hand holding the top bud at the bottom of the pic...
8_19_11_xena_from_above_.jpg

So they she is, I sure wish I felt up to trying cloning her when I had the chance...she was the only one of 3 seeds I got of this kind...and it's all gone after her now...so I will MOST DEFINITELY find a way to get some more of her! I know I haven't smoked her truly cured buds yet, but what I HAVE tasted, the last time I tried it last week, mixed in with my schwag in my vaporizer box, I definitely liked the taste, even for un-cured weed, it was not bad....I can't WAIT for the buds to be cured, but with her being only 1 and so small, I am not counting on more than a fat 1/4 or small 1/2oz at the MOST! And that's only cuz her main cola is SO HUGE! So we will see, but I'd LOVE the replies with your ideas and experiences on this subject, my friends!
PEACE!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom