PW's Perpetual Playhouse

OK. That was an interesting tutorial on making kief. Now how do get those pucks to turn it into hash? Looks like you would need a press and some tooling. What are you guys using for that?
They make little screw together presses. You just twist each piece together with the keif inside and the little circular peg of hash comes out.

They make little screw together presses. You just twist each piece together with the keif inside and the little circular peg of hash comes out.

Got it. Thanks. I work in a weird field and exposed to many different ways to press things. I wasn't sure how much pressure it actually took to complete the pressing of the keif. Sounds simple.

Might be a good way to reduce weight of excess finished product. I don't use a lot of weed and if i keep growing i am going to end up there sooner or later. The odor from extractions doesn't excite me and i don't want to sell anything.

Washers as in little round metal things you'd put inbetween a nut and a bolt. I just use my really dry trim from harvest.. will try with some popcorn buds this time around. I just squish the kief in my fingers first then in some parchment paper to finish it off.. tried heating it in the oven a bit then squishing but i like to just hand make it myself. If you were to use dry ice i think you would need bubble bags but idk as i havent done that yet. Want to though seems like it would give a better product as the smaller the screens go the less plant material is in the kief. I think with 150 micron 100 mesh i get a little too much material but still really good quality.

Got it. Thanks. I work in a weird field and exposed to many different ways to press things. I wasn't sure how much pressure it actually took to complete the pressing of the keif. Sounds simple.

Might be a good way to reduce weight of excess finished product. I don't use a lot of weed and if i keep growing i am going to end up there sooner or later. The odor from extractions doesn't excite me and i don't want to sell anything.

I think the small presses are fine threaded, so there can be quite a bit of pressure inside. I've never viewed one in person. Only ran across them on the internet......

amazon:
SMART CRUSHER All Metal Pollen Press

EDIT: I was wrong, the pollen presses are not really fine threaded

This book was sent to me for review. Here is what you need. If anyone needs step by step instructions they are in the book, it's a great read. I won't post the step by step instructions in the book though. You'll have to pick it up for yourself. I will probably try it with my synthetic grown trim.

Photo dump:

Back
Top Bottom