Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprouts

Re: Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprou

You might think about slowing down on your watering...roots need some air...you can transplant any time...water your medium day before you re plant...you'll do ok...you got plenty help..:welcome:

I only watered them and gave a little bit of nutes after the transplant. I have been checking and all the pots are still moist. So, am not going to water until they get dry. Since I have never worked with coco coir before, I don'r know when that is. Being that it is new to me, I am watching carefully to see how plants will respond to it. Only 2 of the bagseed are dropping, the rest seem to be just fine.

Re: Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprou

Coco still remains moist. I am amazed by this, really I am. I gotta thank you, Propa for introducing me to it. I transplated the 2 droopy bs sprouts to gallon pots. So, I will wait about a week to see if there are any changes. If they don't make it then I'll consider starting my other two beans, Big Bud and BlackJack, also fems. The big bang and lemon skunk are doing well, seem to be loving the coco. The room temp started at 78 but I close the door and let it get to 85 then reopened the door. At the time of door being closed humidity was at 50, when opened it has dropped to 30. Ordered a digital thermometer, so waiting on that to come so I can have more accurate readings. Pics later in the week.

Nothing has changed much but between my 2 journals, I think I will spend more time on this one. The other one I will comment on as soon as I begin flowering with them...For now I just took pics of the drooping bs sprouts. I think I may have put too much water when making the coco coir moist. That is what I am guessing it has to be. Coco is still moist so still no more water, at this rate I may not end up watering for at least a week. The others are not drooping so I am guessing also that the 2 that are must be light feeders...

002794.jpg
001765.jpg

queen what is wrong with those plants ?

If I have to venture a guess, Kamy. Maybe they got too much water when I mixed the coco coir with water. Or maybe due to transplanting, those 2 got transplanted twice within about 2 weeks time. Gonna ride it out because though the leaves are drooping I am still seeing new growth.

Looks like over water give them a few days, I bet they will pop back! Do you have a small fan that could blow close to the pots? Might help to dry them out a little faster.

Looks like over water give them a few days, I bet they will pop back! Do you have a small fan that could blow close to the pots? Might help to dry them out a little faster.

I have the humidifier blowing in behind one of them. The other small fan is on the bottom shelf blowing on the other plants. I kinda thought that was what it was, added way too much water to the coco. I was hoping since the temp seems to stay between 78-85 that it would help dry it out. But with overcrowing, I can't move the droopy plants much closer to the light or raise the light to suit them or my other sprouts will start stretching. Once the light gets here, the problem will resolve itself as far as drying out.

It's crazy how much moisture coir can hold.

Yes, I am starting to see that. Just from looking at some of the plants I can see the moisture at the bottom of the container. I really don't think I am going to need to water anytime soon. But they are going to still need their nutes so I am wondering how I am going to do it if they're still moist?

I had no choice but to move the sprouts to the lower shelf tonight after snapping the branch on one of my other plants. I moved the bigger plants to my other closet and brought the sprouts down to the lower shelf. Lowered the lights a few inches. Hopefully this will now allow most of them to dry out. I did give one or two a little bit of water since they looked a little dry but not very much. I did have to pull one of the sprouts because it had died on me. Oh well, I still have 9 left so no harm no foul I guess. Big Bang and Lemon Skunk are still doing good. Still waiting on thermometers and light to get here.......

I am a bit worried. When I moved plants 1-3 to the bigger closet, I put the timer with them but for some reason my timer did not turn off at the time it was suppose to. I don't know whether to just let the light stay on til it's suppose to go off which is 11 tomorrow morning or cut it off now and let it turn itself back on at 5:30pm tomorrow evening. I don't want them to hermie, what should I do?

When I went in to check them not long ago, I noticed that the branch that I snapped last night is still looking good. The leaves on the branch is not drooping at all. I hope it continues that way. I am going to leave the splint on it for awhile.

If your plants are vegging you should leave lights on...check your timer and make sure switch is pushed away from timer outlet...

Yes but they have been on since the lighting cycle yesterday? It is suppose to be set for 18/6 not 24 hours which is how long it has been on....

Thanks Miwa...

Guess I will turn the lights on. I had turned them off like 3 hours ago when they should have went off at 11 am...

Guess I will turn the lights on. I had turned them off like 3 hours ago when they should have went off at 11 am...

They'll be ok...you can't herm a plant in veg...it happens while flowering...

Back
Top Bottom