Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprouts

Re: Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprou

Looking great queen ! how old are the big ones ? ^^

Honestly, I am not sure. I had gone crazy and started germinating mad beans. Wrote down the day I germinated but got them kinda mixed up with other grows. The only ones I can confirm are the Big Bang and the lemon skunk...ls is 12 days old and bb is 9 days old.

Re: Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprou

Love Queen,

Just checked out Propa Gator's message on your previous journal. I always though coco coir was some weird stuff.

They look like cheese balls! Is that the way they come or is that something used to cover the coco coir? Anyway, when I see pictures like this, it looks like the orange balls are solid masses that the roots have to struggle their way around.

What are those orange balls anyway?

Ggrant-- I don't know what those balls are, air stones maybe? Idk know I have heard them mentioned before. I am going to pm you to show you what coco coir looks like. From the searches I have done they seem to come in brick form. You then have to put them in a bucket or something large that fits it then let it soak in a gallon of water for about 15 minutes or so... Then I guess you break it up like you would soil. From what I was told from Propa and BigIrishDoode, you can't go wrong with it and you don't have as many issues as you do with soil. The great part is that you can't overwater it, if anything you have to make sure it never gets dry. Or that was my understanding of it. Maybe Propa or Irish will venture in here an elaborate more....

Kamy--Thats just it, I have more than one date listed on my calender. So I am not sure which one it is.

Queen of Love,

No need to post any pics about it. I thought you were already using it. Lots on the web. It looks like really cool stuff! It's probably shipped in bricks but at least some manufacturers, like Botanicare Cocogro, ship it ready to use. While searching, I found this neat article about using it for cloning. I'll summarize if you're interested.

Anyway, it's unamimous. All six of my multiple personalities agree it's coco coir for our next soil. So, I just want to say, thank ya,

Thank Ya Very Much !

No problem, Ggrant...Glad I could help.

Hello Queen,
Those little clay balls are a growing substrate called Hydroton. Usually used in Hydroponic grows. Plants love them in HP because they retain some moisture and roots do not get compacted and without air flow.
The coco is shredded coconut outsides that gives you a growing substrate that is not soil, but many growers use it in a drain to waste system. Essentially it is used in hydroponic grows.
Good luck to you and your growing.
Fin

Love Queen,

Just checked out Propa Gator's message on your previous journal. I always though coco coir was some weird stuff becasue of pictures like this:

Strawberries in Coco Coir

StrawberriesCoir.jpg

They look like cheese balls! Is that the way they come or is that something used to cover the coco coir? Anyway, when I see pictures like this, it looks like the orange balls are solid masses that the roots have to struggle their way around.

What are those orange balls anyway?

those are exspanded clay balls. they are used mostly in hydro to support the plants. They can also be used in soil grows at the bottom to aid in drainage or at the top so when you water it spreads the water out more evenly. I have used a layer of perlite on top and it worked pretty good.
When I water I use a milk jug and some times comes out to hard and washes the dirt off of the roots.:peace:

OOPS I didnt see fineas post oh well. merry christmas

OOPS I didnt see fineas post oh well. merry christmas

LOL, its quite alright GG. Just good to see you in one of my journals...I told GGrant that someone would come along with an answer. I have been having that problem too, roots being exposed after watering, usually I just throw more dirt on top of them but I am out of dirt at the moment.

Well the babies are doing ok atm. I gave them their daily spritz of water..temp was at 80 and humidity at 50 til I opened the door then it dropped to 30 so I closed the door again. They are all doing well but am surprised at how well/fast that the ls and bb are coming up. The bb is catching up to the ls who was germinated 3 days before her.

I am getting an orange spot on one of the bagseed sprouts. Only on one leaf, not sure what it could be. I had this on one of the plants from my other journal but I don't think anyone told me what it was. Prolly will post updated pics tomorrow.

I have the same problem with my mother plant. I think it was/is/maybe ph spotting.
From what I have read about BPN you dont have to ph at all. I think my problem is my soil needs some lime in it to be stable, because I can flush and use ph up and it will straighten up for a couple of weeks then next thing you know it gets the same spots again.

I have been reading the docs journal and Im really interested in the teas and super soils he uses.
he never has to ph he says building good bacteria and microbes is all you need it does its own ph adjustments. His results are amazing and even commissioned. Im using foff for all my clones and one seedling but I think I will have the same problem if i dont put some lime in it.
foff has oyster shells to make it more stable but it does not have time to break down indoors. sorry for rambling on and on!:passitleft:

Don't consider it rambling at all, GG...Just giving your input which is valued..Thanks

Hello to you this lovely day Queen,
I have used hydroton on top of some outdoor plants in pots like those strawberries but have found OOPS they float away during watering!(they are airpuffed clay actually somewhat like cheetoos)I think you can use coco to cover roots too when you run out of soil but they dont provide nutrients but they certainly can protect your roots.
May the new year bring your bountiful harvests!
Fin

do your spots look like this?
012338.JPG

GG, no my spots don't look like that. They look more bright orange...

GG, no my spots don't look like that. They look more bright orange...

Mine start out as a small white spot and then turn orange then finally brown.
I cant wait til outdoor season so much easier!

Mine start out as a small white spot and then turn orange then finally brown.
I cant wait til outdoor season so much easier!

I had the brown spots with my other plants which I mentioned in my other journal I got going...Seems like everyone stopped commenting on that one and jumped in this one...lol..I will still try to keep them both updated. But if you look at that one you will see I had brown spots too. I pulled the leaves and gave them a dose of epsom salt, I forget who but someone told me to do that.

Nothing to report as of yet. I switched their bulbs to 2 23w. Both BB and LS are growing very fast. I am going to have to split them up real soon. The bagseed sprouts are doing just as well. When lights come on I will give them all their usual watering. Will post some pics later.

Update---room temp was at about 75 with humidity at 40. Since changing the bulbs, I have noticed significant improvement with BB, LS and 2 of the bagseed with them. The other bs are showing new growth and stems seem to be getting thicker. They are also due to get some very diluted nutes. Will post pics later.

Back
Top Bottom