Question on Flushing?

trini

First Thanks in advance to all, getting ready to start flushing my second grow and was wondering does anybody continue to use Cal/Mag while flushing, or do we stop everything? Again Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
First Thanks in advance to all, getting ready to start flushing my second grow and was wondering does anybody continue to use Cal/Mag while flushing, or do we stop everything? Again Thanks
How's it going @trini girls look good :yummy: but I don't flush, or use cal-mag, I do use a little Epsom salts some times, but yeah I never flush, unless you want to call nothing but water for the last 2 weeks flushing :rofl:

What medium are you in?

Hi Trini, looking good! Flushing has been revised. Here's a link to a link where it's explained.

How's it going @trini girls look good :yummy: but I don't flush, or use cal-mag, I do use a little Epsom salts some times, but yeah I never flush, unless you want to call nothing but water for the last 2 weeks flushing :rofl:

What medium are you in?
Thanks for the reply, I still have a month to go until they should be ready( I don't know if 2 more weeks helps)and they are in soil.

I don't flush, or use cal-mag, I do use a little Epsom salts some times

Do you use tap water? Or does your nutrient formulation include lots of calcium?

Thanks for the reply, I still have a month to go until they should be ready( I don't know if 2 more weeks helps)and they are in soil.
Yeah man, I'm in soil also :high-five: FFOF with the FF trio nutrients, and I meant that I only use water the last 2 weeks of flower.......Don't know if you know this or not, but plants are like humans in the way we use our food/nutrients, if the plant can't use it, it becomes waste, no need to flush...just my 2 cents :popcorn:
Do you use tap water? Or does your nutrient formulation include lots of calcium?
I'm in FFOF and I do use a little Epsom salts when they need to green up a bit, and yes straight tap water :thumb:

Distilled water

The reason why I asked MochaBud if he was using tap water is because it generally contains lots of calcium, often as much "extra" Ca as the plants require. In that case, Epsom salt (for supplemental magnesium) - which is, as he mentioned, what he uses - can be better than a combo "Ca/Mg" product, because having too much calcium will upset the Ca:Mg ratio (and can also cause other issues).

Because not everyone uses the exact same things, it can be important to point stuff like this out, to aid in understanding.

Distilled water
Hey @trini, I'm going to give you a little unsolicited advice ............:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

The reason why I asked MochaBud if he was using tap water is because it generally contains lots of calcium, often as much "extra" Ca as the plants require. In that case, Epsom salt (for supplemental magnesium) - which is, as he mentioned, what he uses - can be better than a combo "Ca/Mg" product, because having too much calcium will upset the Ca:Mg ratio (and can also cause other issues).

Because not everyone uses the exact same things, it can be important to point stuff like this out, to aid in understanding.
Well, I was going to give you some advice, but I was beat to it :rofl::rofl::popcorn: ...Oh yeah, I was also going to say...that's why I use tap water instead of distilled, because it doesn't have any of the macro nutrients your plant needs, where tap water does :thumb:

Distilled water is good if you are in organic soil. No need to flush in soil but if you are running Soilless soil (promix, sunshine, etc. i would recommend watering the last 10-14 days. Just preference with me as i could tell the smoke was smoother from the plant turning its fall colors, instead of green.
Tap water is fine and good source for Calcium if your PPM is low.
Just my opinion, good luck buddy

Distilled water is good if you are in organic soil. No need to flush in soil but if you are running Soilless soil (promix, sunshine, etc. i would recommend watering the last 10-14 days. Just preference with me as i could tell the smoke was smoother from the plant turning its fall colors, instead of green.
Tap water is fine and good source for Calcium if your PPM is low.
Just my opinion, good luck buddy
Thanks for the quick reply and I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil in ten-gallon cloth pots and so far so good. Just seeing if it works or not as there so much info out on Utube.

Back
Top Bottom