Quick question

OxRedeye

I'm currently half way through week 8 of flower.. its a 9-10 week flower period , trichones staring to go cloudy..last week I was really struggling with temps around 35 , so I dimmed my 2 600w lights down to 400w witch dropped the temps a tiny bit to 32 now the temps outside have dropped making the tent 29 perfect conditions.. would you guys be tempted to switch light back to 600w will I lose yield. Just felt like the right thing to do at the time now I'm unsure weather to leave it or change back.. I get bit nervous round harvest lol

20220816_143912.jpg

Turned the lights back on to 600w and temps went back upto 32... going to leave it like that but not sure if it would be better to leave it on 400w at 29c
Have you had a look at the VPD chart?
I'll post it.
Your bud is beautiful.
I'd stay at 400w.
Chart isn't perfect, but gives you an idea where you should be.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Screenshot_20220817-195244_Google.jpg

Co2 would help

Hmm, your glitter looks to be amber colored already… unless of course that’s just the hps yellow color tinting on the pictures.

I’d defs do a double check of the trichs using white or daylight lighting
I think it may be the light mate. the magnifying glass I have I can see clearly mostly cloudy and few clear. Buy I will have a look in different light maybe have a look 5minutes before lights on or when off.. I'm going to start the flush tomorrow near end of week 8 and see how they look next Saturday or Sunday

Bud looks fine you could harvest at week 9 if you really wanted to.

Mmm 2 x 600w hps, I would assume you are using an air cooled hood set up to keep those temps down by the way quite a few people living around Europe area would of seen a heat wave recently over the last several days which might effect your grow tent conditions as well :thumb:

Turned the lights back on to 600w and temps went back upto 32... going to leave it like that but not sure if it would be better to leave it on 400w at 29c

32°C is fine (but right on the upper edge of it), IF the plants are receiving the maximum amount of light-energy that they're capable of processing at normal ambient CO₂ level. If one then adds supplemental CO₂ and more light-energy, they'll be fine at a somewhat higher temperature. Conversely... if one decreases the amount of light-energy, the top of the comfort zone - in regards to temperature - decreases slightly. Therefore, if you can lower the temperature three degrees, but have to cut the amount of light-energy by 50% in order to do so, you're probably causing a net negative.

Ensure the roots have access to plenty of water when it's hot (which might mean decreasing the strength of the nutrient solution slightly, as a hot plant needs more water but not more food), and keep the airflow through the canopy at a high level, and they'll self-cool via transpiration.

Get above 32°C (without adding more CO₂ and light), and you might see slightly slower development (or a temporary stoppage if it's more than two or three degrees) and less bud density. But 32C should be fine. Again, that's assuming you're maxing out their light-energy. I don't know the size of the space you've got that light confined in, or the reflectivity value of its walls, lol, so I'm making an assumption.

Back
Top Bottom