Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

Hey Radogast, things are looking good man. I've ordered all my seeds through AMS and thankfully I have had 100% germination success. I have some AK47 XTRM seeds I'm going to try after I get what's in veg in flower. They're not feminized but I'm looking forward to the heavy THC content. I also have some White Widow and Thai Skunk that have yet to be used. I'd at least make mention to AMS about your trouble germinating the Hawaiian Skunk. I'd bet that they would help you out. Looking forward to seeing your clones take off and flourish.
Also, thanks for the reps my friend.

My wife's medication station

20140816_1223361.jpg

Actually a beautiful picture :Namaste:

A med question:

I contend there is medicinal value in the leaves as well as the flowers, and I plan on using leaves in my edibles. Do you and your wife make use of leaves? If so do you feel they are of benefit? If not why?

waiting for education... :popcorn: ...thank you...

:cheesygrinsmiley:

8x8 would be an awesome space!! Need much light. My room is half that size, I have two six inch intakes, I wrrap filters around the end outside. Then a huge carbon filter on a big green fan running out on a six inch duct and I feel like they need more air.

I think you should try to get a huge passive intake with an eight inch extraction for a room that size.

I am also running a 6 inch duct setup with dual 600 HPS in my 4x8' flowering room.
You would think a room around 300 cubic feet would be adequately cooled by a fan rated at around 300 CFM.
Didn't really seem like it works. I built that room with leaky walls, but I will seal and passive intake the new room.

I am calling the 8x8' room my veg+ room. I need more space and light to veg (at least 4x8')
My current veg area is two shelves on a 3x2' metal rack, lit by two 4x2' 215w CFL.
I also want to get my veg area behind closed doors so that furnace and other repairmen don't look directly at my grow

My still evolving plan is to take one of the 600w HPS from the flowering room and two locally sourced 100x3w Top LED for "full" veg.
I will still use the 215w CFL for seedlings and young clones.

Electrically, I'll add a 20w circuit breaker and run Romex along the walls, stopping every 6' or so to add wall outlets until I reach my new room and adds external and internal outlets.

I'll obviously need some ventilation, but a 6" fan pulling air through the HPS hood should be fine.

20140312_175431-1.jpg

8x8 would be an awesome space!! Need much light. My room is half that size, I have two six inch intakes, I wrrap filters around the end outside. Then a huge carbon filter on a big green fan running out on a six inch duct and I feel like they need more air.

I think you should try to get a huge passive intake with an eight inch extraction for a room that size.

This is a good point. You may well want more air circulation than just what's needed to exhaust heat, as long as you can keep the temps and humidity right.

And whether you max out the 8X8 - if you run 6000W in there, even LEDs heat will be significant!

[edit] Hadn't seen your reply

I will be upsizing this fall too. I have a space in the basement about 10x10 with a little jog that's about 3x6. Iwill slowly be converting it over the next few months. I want to keep my two 600s but also add two LEDs. I will turn my tent not the veg room because right now it's a plywood box and I can't veg for as long as I would like to due to height. Intake and exhaust will be my biggest challenges. I'll take some pics and post to my journal when I get home next week. As far as the water I rigged up a big tote it's like 55 or 60 gal. with a grate on top and a sump pump inside that drains into my washing machine waste. I get a little water on the floor but every plant gets a good inspection with (most) every watering. I know at my hydro shop they have big trays but they are big bucks. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a waterproof floor.

Actually a beautiful picture :Namaste:

A med question:

I contend there is medicinal value in the leaves as well as the flowers, and I plan on using leaves in my edibles. Do you and your wife make use of leaves? If so do you feel they are of benefit? If not why?

waiting for education... :popcorn: ...thank you...

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Did you look at my plant? I don't HAVE any leaves :)

This is my first grow and I collected about 1/2 cup of sugar leaves during the trimming last month.
I dropped them in the freezer.

My wife purchased the H!gh T!mes cookbook and will try some recipes. She is interested in oils and tinctures.

No real world experience- yet !

BUT

If there are trichomes, there are benefits :)

I will be upsizing this fall too. I have a space in the basement about 10x10 with a little jog that's about 3x6. Iwill slowly be converting it over the next few months. I want to keep my two 600s but also add two LEDs. I will turn my tent not the veg room because right now it's a plywood box and I can't veg for as long as I would like to due to height. Intake and exhaust will be my biggest challenges. I'll take some pics and post to my journal when I get home next week. As far as the water I rigged up a big tote it's like 55 or 60 gal. with a grate on top and a sump pump inside that drains into my washing machine waste. I get a little water on the floor but every plant gets a good inspection with (most) every watering. I know at my hydro shop they have big trays but they are big bucks. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a waterproof floor.

In another thread wanting a cheap first grow room, I suggested that standard seedling trays are good for watering up to a 5 gal bucket.
I went to buy a dozen seedling trays at my local nursery on Sunday, but they were out.
I might just take my own "Mr. Cheapo" advice. :slide::rofl::rofl:

A drain sounds nice, if I had a hydro grow it would be required.
Except for a heavy flush, it only about a quart of water on the floor, do I usually let it evaporate.

When I flush, I've been known to make six 3-gallon trips with the shop vac.

Thanks for the PM. I think I fat fingered my reply into the interwebs. You didn't miss anything :)

Did you look at my plant? I don't HAVE any leaves :)

Ah. Well. Yes, I see... :hmmmm:

This is my first grow and I collected about 1/2 cup of sugar leaves during the trimming last month.
I dropped them in the freezer.

My wife purchased the H!gh T!mes cookbook and will try some recipes. She is interested in oils and tinctures.

No real world experience- yet !

BUT

If there are trichomes, there are benefits :)

What ever happens, I'm going to put Hazel in the coffee grinder and make butter with him. Or her. I will Eat my experiment and document the results!

:slide:

Ah. Well. Yes, I see... :hmmmm:

What ever happens, I'm going to put Hazel in the coffee grinder and make butter with him. Or her. I will Eat may experiment and document the results!

:slide:

you can also juice raw cannabis leaves for medicinal use. Add it into a fruit smoothie or a protein shake and enjoy!

Hi there Radogast,

How ya doing. I will follow your grow if ya don't mind. I like your style of writing and I imagine you would be a cool guy to hang out with.
The potting soil mix you have there looks pretty bad ass for a bagged soil. I could imagine how I'd use that stuff.

Hi there Radogast,

How ya doing. I will follow your grow if ya don't mind. I like your style of writing and I imagine you would be a cool guy to hang out with.
The potting soil mix you have there looks pretty bad ass for a bagged soil. I could imagine how I'd use that stuff.

:love:
Pleased to have you here COorganics :welcome:

You turn a pretty nice phrase yourself :)

I'm a bit embarrassed about this grow. The clones have come out of their hibernation and look like they will outgrow the seedlings. I'm VERY pleased with that. Three of the four mothers of the clones yielded about 7oz of premium smokable, so I want to maintain the genetics while improving the effect. The smokers who come to the house ask for and blend each plant by name. The fourth mother showed her first amber trichomes last night, so I'm expecting a fourth dried tokeable next week :volcano-smiley:

The Dr. EARTH soil came highly recommended, and supplied by a local grower. My last soil retained too much water for liquid nutes to keep up with flowering. I'm adding perlite this time around. In the future I'd like to switch to Growology nutes in the soil. I needed to use up the $100 of liquid nutes from last grow before I spend more :) Like the BioBizz/cal-mag/Koolbloom I'm running now, Growology is a mostly organic product.

Welcome again fellow grower:circle-of-love: All comments and advice welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom