Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

I'm planning for an additional cannabis room in the basement.

There's is a nice 8x8' corner of the basement close to the existing grow area that currently holds a 7x7x7' home gym machine. (It came with the house.)
The weight machine is there as a threat, if I go a week without heavy hard work, and I'm not ill, I have to exercise. Even during the winter I managed to avoid using it :)

In the last week, iwas offered a good deal on a pair of used TopLED 300w "full spectrum" lights.
I gave away several dozen moving boxes that I stored against the weight machine when I built my 4x8' Flowering Room.
My wife purchased the High Times Cookbook which has the potential to use a higher volume of cannabis.

Since the universe is conspiring to have me increase our growing space, I'll play along.

Things I have decided (probably)

Size: 8 foot by 8 foot (2.5m by 2.5m)
Anything larger is a squeeze to access my water heater and furnace, and 8' is a convenient lumber size.

The floor must hold water!
I've enjoyed the freedom of allowing water to run out the bottom of pots and into a flood tray.
Sani-Tred makes PermaFlex and associated LRB product that have been used as pond liners, garage floors, etc.
It's pricey, but so are larger flood trays, and it's less than a lot of stuff we put in grow rooms.

I want two intakes and exhaust routed outside.
I'm not sure about 4 inch or 6 inch, but I want the option for winter cold intake from outside, and summer cool intake from the basement.
The basement intake might be just a short duct through the wall with a removable cap.
I want bug screening on all ducts.

I want to air seal the room so I'll probably sheetrock and paint the ceiling and interior walls.

Thats about as far as I have gone in my planning :)

I'm psyched !!:woohoo:

Wow, you've been busy planning haven't you!

I'm loving what i'm hearing. Will love it even more when i start seeing construction pictures!

The TopLED you've been offered. Is it the Old Model 100x3w LED panel? or the reflector series 96x3w model?

By the way Rado.

i would like to invite you and your followers to my Brand New Sponsored Grow Journal!

GreenThumb J's Twilight 165w LED Grow Journal and review!

Great idea with the new grow area! Its always better to have the space to play with rather than be confined to tight spaces!

High Radogast,

To begin nice to meet you, good luck for your clones and news growths. all look clean, i'm just sorry it takes so long for your clone to grow like real veg plants. Your babies may grow quicker :ganjamon:

How many baby do you think you will flux ?? it's a very time consuming activity, but so cool to do !!

Definitly subbed

High Radogast,

To begin nice to meet you, good luck for your clones and news growths. all look clean, i'm just sorry it takes so long for your clone to grow like real veg plants. Your babies may grow quicker :ganjamon:

How many baby do you think you will flux ?? it's a very time consuming activity, but so cool to do !!

Definitly subbed

Greetings Tadlawid :)

I believe the slow growth of the clones has resolved itself. They are growing more, they just need big fan leaves to get the sap flowing.

I messed up the clones even more than I have mentioned here.
When they were about 2 weeks old and their mothers had moved from veg to flower, I was told to put the clones into the flowering room. They went into alternate branching mode almost immediately. That still haven't reverted to paired branches, so they are not good candidates for fluxing.

I'm not too worried about the time if takes to flux. I only spend five to ten minutes a day on my grow.
That includes showing the lead clusters " the

I believe the slow growth of the clones has resolved itself. They are growing more, they just need big fan leaves to get the sap flowing.

When they were about 2 weeks old and their mothers had moved from veg to flower, I was told to put the clones into the flowering room. They went into alternate branching mode almost immediately. That still haven't reverted to paired branches, so they are not good candidates for fluxing.

I'm not too worried about the time if takes to flux. I only spend five to ten minutes a day on my grow.

When the nodes start to alternate like that, it means the plant has reached maturity. Anytime you see clones that have alternating branches like you mention, you know that the clones were taking from a plant that was mature and ready for flower.

My clones look the same as you speak of, and my Widow in veg has alternating nodal structure due to its maturity. Not in flower at all!

There is an excellent thread called What is a flowering clone? started by racefan.

What is a flowering clone?

Here's some snips [my bold], but the thread is well worth checking out, as he spells out his ideas very clearly and convincingly.

--------------
What is a flowering clone?
Simply put, it is a clone taken at or around 21 days flowering or later....The truth is, a flowering clone is a fully mature plant. It is ready and willing to root quickly to continue its flowering process.

Why use a flowering clone?
The branching power of the flowering clone is unbelievable compared to any other clone I've dealt with. In fact, one usually has to prune some of these branches before flowering starts to direct energy into the larger cola's. I guess the proper question here is why one wouldnt use a flowering clone? I am currently growing a scrog with a single plant on each side. The screens are 3'x3'. I have 112 holes to be filled in each screen. Out of the 224 holes only 24 do not have a budsite in them. I counted the budsites on one half of one screen and came up with 62 so far and Im only 23 days into flowering so far. I've done seed grows in this fashion and never come up with the amount of sites I get with flowering clones. Another great application for the flowering clone is growing outdoors. I gave thirty of these little jewels to an outdoor cultivator a few years back. All the plants stayed low and got super bushy. To avoid detection a small profile plant is ideal for outdoor cultivators. Try this method once and I imagine you will never take a vegging clone again.

How long do they take to root?
These clones usually are a little slower to regenerate but not to bad. I average about 14days till I start to see roots coming out the bottom of the rockwool cubes. That time will vary a little it seems with different strains. Some of them take forever and some root quickly. The clones should stay perky and upright. A small flo right above the humidity dome is all they need for light. Remove the humidity dome at least once a day to allow some fresh air inside. Do not walk off and forget about it. They will die quickly if left in the open air to long without a root system to support them. If the plants begin to wilt while the hood is off. This tells you that they have not formed roots yet. They still rely on the humidity to support their needs. Also, keep an eye out for new growth forming. Once it starts to emerge you have roots forming and the plant is responding well to its environment. Once I see roots starting to poke out the bottom I remove the paper and sink them into whatever medium I'm using. I normally will not wait for many roots to show. Once they show a few roots they can be transfered.The mature clone will start to throw out unserrated leaves at first and it kinda looks a little odd. Not to worry though. Right behind the unserated leaves will emerge the normal leaf sets. Once they start to come around you will see the branching ability of these clones. Sometimes its best to at least tie down some main branches to promote a wider plant. Multiple cola's will form from these tie downs. A week prior to flowering a pruning session happens and once more at the two week period of flowering. You have to remember to leave yourself a few nice clones to be taken in the third week.
---------------

My own experience consists of one flowering clone. It made 3 or 4 rounds of 1-blade leaves and looked weird. Then a couple rounds of 3-blades, and finally some 5's, and looking fairly normal by last week. Then it went back into flower, being outdoors, and all the new growth is buds. It is by far the branchiest plant I've ever seen - 18 inches tall and maybe a hundred buds sites going. A clone taken before flower is 30 inches with 30 or so.

Great information on clones and mature (alternating) branch structure.

I'm starting to see more growth and some light greening of the leaves.
Next water, I'm going for 75% recommended nutes plus Rhizoboost.

My hydro store had Safer and Azamax. I went for Safer because it has pyrethrins.
The bottle days repeat every 7 days, but I am thinking every 4 days because intense light
might cause pyrethrins to biodegrade sooner.

20140814_172601-1.jpg

20140814_172638.jpg

A little tardy but subbed!:thumb::volcano-smiley:

Welcome Nwgrower420 :)

Hardly tardy. The plants are just about to start vegetative growth.
At least I hope they start to take off within the next two weeks.
Right now they are 4 seedlings and 11 confused clones. :slide:

The Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds .company where my wife purchased seeds,
has a 50% off all feminized seeds sale. :woohoo:

I'm looking at the Cup Winners Combo Feminized - feeling a strong attraction.
:love::green_heart:
3 x Northern Lights XTRM Feminized
3 x AK 47 XTRM Feminized
4 x Borderliner XTRM Feminized

Welcome Nwgrower420 :)

Hardly tardy. The plants are just about to start vegetative growth.
At least I hope they start to take off within the next two weeks.
Right now they are 4 seedlings and 11 confused clones. :slide:

The Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds .company where my wife purchased seeds,
has a 50% off all feminized seeds sale. :woohoo:

I'm looking at the Cup Winners Combo Feminized - feeling a strong attraction.
:love::green_heart:
3 x Northern Lights XTRM Feminized
3 x AK 47 XTRM Feminized
4 x Borderliner XTRM Feminized

Right on, best of luck!

Welcome Catman12 :)

I just saw your beard in another log. : slide: It caught my interest.
My real life beard is about 6 inches longer than the one in your avatar and my avatar :)

I don't have a real life beard - it would scare the kids. My son looks like a Mountain Man so maybe I could take some sort of credit for that? Looking forward to "the rest of the story" with your grow

:Namaste:

When my daughter was in 9th grade some boys she knew came over, and one of them said, "I love your beard. I want to live in it."

Never could see how that would work, but I took it as a compliment. :cheesygrinsmiley:

8x8 would be an awesome space!! Need much light. My room is half that size, I have two six inch intakes, I wrrap filters around the end outside. Then a huge carbon filter on a big green fan running out on a six inch duct and I feel like they need more air.

I think you should try to get a huge passive intake with an eight inch extraction for a room that size.

Back
Top Bottom