Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

AM? Seedlings join the White Widow and Carmelicious sisters on the beach.

I am labeling the unsexed seedlings AM? pronounced Amsterdam.
I expect names to reveal themselves in the future.

Leaving behind any hope of young companionship, the AM? Seedlings move into the basement with the larger palm trees.

20140802_103839.jpg

20140802_103340.jpg

20140802_103332-1.jpg

Nice updates :)
Are you noticing any new growth for the larger palm trees at all? I hope that beach of yours cuts and pokes your gnats all full of holes :Namaste:

They are growing, but they are starting off as if they are 6 days old.

It has been 3? Weeks since I realized the clones were getting cfl light from 8am-2am, and window light from 4:30 am to 8pm, so they only had 2.5 hours of darkness. I believe they were night deprived. Sun trimmed bonsai :)

As soon as I gave them more dark, I saw growth.

Then the gnats attacked.

Now the gnats seem on the run.

I have small leaves now. It will be interesting to see the stunted clones and the seedlings side by side.

They are growing, but they are starting off as if they are 6 days old.

It has been 3? Weeks since I realized the clones were getting cfl light from 8am-2am, and window light from 4:30 am to 8pm, so they only had 2.5 hours of darkness. I believe they were night deprived. Sun trimmed bonsai :)

As soon as I gave them more dark, I saw growth.

Then the gnats attacked.

Now the gnats seem on the run.

I have small leaves now. It will be interesting to see the stunted clones and the seedlings side by side.
Hmm that sounds odd to me because I used to veg my indoor plants under 24/7 light and they did just fine, although looking at it from a more natural point of view I'm going to do 18-6 from now on, I'd want to sleep too. Maybe it was just a coincidence that it started growing when you gave it more dark.. :scratchinghead:
I'm glad the gnats are getting beaten back now, the buggers. I also think it will be interesting to see them side by side, I wouldn't be surprised to see the seedlings pass up the clones if their stunting is serious. Well happy growing for now you awesome hippy-grower wizard :) its about time for bed for me. :passitleft::ciao:

Hmm that sounds odd to me because I used to veg my indoor plants under 24/7 light and they did just fine, although looking at it from a more natural point of view I'm going to do 18-6 from now on, I'd want to sleep too. Maybe it was just a coincidence that it started growing when you gave it more dark.. :scratchinghead:
I'm glad the gnats are getting beaten back now, the buggers. I also think it will be interesting to see them side by side, I wouldn't be surprised to see the seedlings pass up the clones if their stunting is serious. Well happy growing for now you awesome hippy-grower wizard :) its about time for bed for me. :passitleft::ciao:

I tend to agree that the clones should have been able to handle 24/7 light.

I don't think it was coincidence, since they ALL changed from getting smaller and weaker every day to putting on new leaves

These clones were taken from 7 week old girls vegged under 14/10 their whole life.
:
They may have grown very fond of sleeping at night.

:love:

Hey Rado i have just got over a gnat prob my self i had to use Gnat off as nothing else would work you use 1ml per litre you can dose your nutes with it too so any way i watered for 48 hrs then added a bit of the mix to a hand mister and sprayed directly on my medium after a few days i noticed little whit fluff balls it turns out its the larvae and gnats turning to compost :thumb: then when i was sure they were all pretty much dead i got some white sand and put a few cm's high on the medium now i know the sand will wash through but it prevents another infestation. you can get gnat off on the bay for £8 so i guess about 12 dollars Rado currency well hope this helps catch you later :Namaste::peace::goodluck::green_heart:

Life is too short for bug infestations.

The main bug rebellion had been suppressed. Dozens died on White Widow and Carmelicious beaches.
The unknown seeds are secure against root invasion.

I feel like I have the remaining bugs against the wall with an 11 girl firing squad.
Let's hope those blunderbuss can hit something, I filled them with lots of diotomaceous earth.

Thanks Techyghost

I'm mentally reluctant to employ chemicals, but sometimes we must.

This may or may not be one of those sometimes

I employed the same thinking too i hate chems but when the potato peelings stopped working i was hard pressed to try anything else try potato peelings on your medium but dont let them start to compost it does work but only for a while like fleas they get immune so you have to change your M.O attack the force is strong with the peelings but every now and then you have to consult with the dark side:thumb::peace:

Also they live or mine were located about a quarter of an inch down the medium and in the bottom of the pot another method is to make up some neem oil and spray directly onto the medium but you need to do for two weeks test this method 1st as i have not used itbut it did pop up in some research i did:peace:

Finally got here, subbed.

Welcome Shadowman

Thanks Techyghost

Whose next here? Darkspirit?

Speaking of which, Katy Perry was in Boston yesterday and went to the old witch shop in Salem next to where I bought my top hat. My wife is Facebook friends with a lot of the Salem shopkeepers. They were all a Twitter. She's ended up doing a little love spell magic.

Nothing to be all a Twitter about here.
Seeds. Clones vaguely bigger than seeds. Gnats.

When I took those clones I expected to be in flower by now. Sigh.

I guess it's time to design a top feed to reservoir system.

So...... I watered the girls and then ignored them for two days.

Friday after work I fell asleep.
Saturday I did a wake and bake, two brownies, and a couple more bong sessions.
:bongrip::passitleft::oops:
Most of this was White Widow Denise
There were multiple time shifting events. My wife and I sat at the kitchen table and chatted for what seemed like 30 minutes but was over two hours - twice.
:smokin:
Sunday, today, I finally made it back to the grow rack.

As half-expected, the diatomaceous earth was neutralized by the watering and was ineffective as a barrier to the gnats.
I noticed about 20 gnats. Ugh

I dug a couple of gallons(a few liters) of sand out of our brook.
There were several 1" (2cm) trout that swam around my ankles. yay!:allgood:
I hadn't seen many fish this year, so it is nice to know the brook is healthy.

The water was so pleasant, I waded upstream to the fish hole and pried loose that rusty broken 50 gal steel drum that I noticed half buried during the winter. Fortuitously it was just the top 1/3 and had no residue left. During that short 50 ft (15m) walk in the brook, I had to step around a section of board fence crossing most off the brook about 2 ft (50cm) underwater. I'll unbury that another day. :):peace:

I added a sand layer to the top of the pots 1/4-3/4" (6-20mm) thick depending on the pot.

20140810_173015.jpg

20140810_173006.jpg

You can see the remains of the white DE layer, no longer sealing the pots.

20140810_171106.jpg

Despite the gnats, my little clone palm trees are growing. So are the seeds.

20140810_171113.jpg

20140810_171053.jpg

I remember when i was a young boy fishing for brook trout in the interior of BC on my grandpa's cattle ranch.. they got up to a foot long. made for tasty dinners and lunches!! Would just toss a spinner out and reel in a fish almost every catch.

damn i miss fishing. I live a stones throw from the ocean here, but its not a good spot to fish. Would have to make a good hour or two drive north to find a good river to fish in, but i just dont have the time to do such relaxing and serene things anymore.

So i grow cannabis now!! haha :rofl: not a bad trade off. It just gets hot in those tents haha!! I golf too, which i find relaxing and therapeutic.

Oh, by the way. glad to hear the clones are finally starting to grow. My clones are starting to really bush up now.. I'm going to be topping 2-4 of them within the next few days!

Oh, by the way. glad to hear the clones are finally starting to grow. My clones are starting to really bush up now.. I'm going to be topping 2-4 of them within the next few days!

Congratulations with your clones. I might have given up on these, but I have harvested all the Carmelicious plants and I don't want to lose the genetics.
Carmelicious Quiffa is a favorite kick your ass, couch lock, time to go to bed smoke. She is developing more carmel flavor as she continues to cure.

I'll be looking at your grow journal again soon :)

My trout don't get above 7-8 inches. They aren't stocked. The deepest pool is only 4 feet. They don't have any cover to hide from the great blue herons. Once I finish building the pond, I'll bucket a few tiny ones and stick the pond, but the pond will be only 3 ft deep. If I get a clear picture in my mind, I'll build them some cover with rocks and/or boards.

the creeks that i fished in weren't stocked either. they were in very very remote areas of the northern BC Interior (up near Williams lake if you want some reference, which is about a 6-10ish hour drive from where i am depending on stops for scenery and ice cream along the way.)

the lakes in the area were dynamite for fishing in the summer after the lake stocks recovered from the winter kill. damn i miss the remoteness and that stuff.

problem up there was watching for damn Grizzly bears and cougars! i guess they're called mountain lions elsewere, although theres nothing '"lion" about them. they're a cat. Lions dont stalk humans. Cougars, or mountain lions, they do! one of 2 animals that are known to stalk and hunt humans. The other being polar bears! I guess grizzly's sometimes as i was super baked the other night and some share-to-watch video popped up on my facebook about a man being mauled to death by a grizzly bear.. so i got to searching i ended up on Wikipedias list of fatal bear attacks for a couple hours hahaha.

next thing i know its like 330am! wow time flew by!

by the way.. where did you pick up the Carmelicious? breeder name? i'm looking on my single seeds site that i cant name nor suggest to american growers cause they dont ship to US. i'm looking at more kush strains, since thats what people want around here :straightface: including my friends and patients.

Well look at that, the seeds are Caramelicious, not Carmelicious.

My wife, the official grower here, purchased seeds from Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds .com (no spaces)
They were a Jorge Cervantes recommended seed supplier.

White Widow, Caramelicious, and free seeds germinated fine.
Hawaiian Skunk has been 0 for 7 so far.
I don't know what that means. We have not contacted them to complain or ask for advice.

I am really pleased with the Caramelicious, although the White Widow packs more head high punch.
Both are heavy on the the head high.

Back
Top Bottom