Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

AK47 (left) @and Borderline (right) ( planted on my birthday) seedlings are at that age where I really love to FIMM or top to train their growth.

20150506_223317.jpg

The C2 clones (clones of clones) are going from scrawny things like this...

20150506_223010-1.jpg

to slightly healthy looking plants ...

20150506_222716-1.jpg

to growing into healthy plants.

20150506_222728-1.jpg

I think you're going to love my topping technique. It's aggressive but in my opinion sets you up the best way possible for any type of training whether you want to do what I call Low Growing, (I can't remember the term used in here... but the style creates a claw like shape and manipulates the plant to a circle like shape with many tops.) or SOG etc. Until then I'll just dangle the bait ;):tokin: and because I can't show you since they are just babies hehe :rofl:

I've seen that thread. I think I'd more go for a lightaddict style FLUX (ma#nl#ne) that is pollarded.

Is lightaddict's style flux about mother plants? I may need to read that one too. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think lightaddict is more about growing style for flowering? SOG, SCROG, Flux, ect?

I think you may have missed the main point of the article. It is mainly about mother plants, keeping them short and long term care. Root trimming for sustained growth and longevity for up 10+ years.

Second part is about clones.

The third part of the article goes into SOG slightly and how they trim the tap root of a rooted clone to keep plant growth even when they transplant. But its mainly a mother plant article.

A fluxed Mother plant would be pretty cool

WOW Acapulco Gold is and old one <3 when i was young this was around -)
Yes it is but I love it. I make edibles using it and it makes me have blue and purple plasma floating across my eyes I get so out of it I can barely think what I'm doing and then I laugh my ass off for hours :yahoo: Some people on here know that I am also a real light weight so this strain is perfect for me :) :love:

Yes it is but I love it. I make edibles using it and it makes me have blue and purple plasma floating across my eyes I get so out of it I can barely think what I'm doing and then I laugh my ass off for hours :yahoo: Some people on here know that I am also a real light weight so this strain is perfect for me :) :love:

You just crack me up. :laughtwo: :love:

I have joined the ranks of the seed killers

Seeds sprouted in water with happy tails were planted - two weeks ago and 8 days ago.
I used a mix of 1 part Lobster Compost, 1 part Sphagnim Peat Moss, and 1+ parts perlite. no 'cook' time.
I have used this for repotting outdoor plants and for potting rooted clones in rockwool.
In retrospect, this is probably 'too hot' a mix for seeds. All I grew was a crop of fungus gnats.

Given the above ingredients, any suggestions on a soil mix. Would growing seeds in rockwool cubes within the soil be better?

The scene of the seed-icide.

20150510_164011.jpg

In retrospect, this is probably 'too hot' a mix for seeds.

Given the above ingredients, any suggestions on a soil mix. Would growing seeds in rockwool cubes within the soil be better?
20150510_164011.jpg

Too hot or too much water. I would suggest a generic seed starter mix.

I personally never got the hang of sprouting seeds in water. I use a generic seed starter mix and plant the seeds x2 the distance of their length. I put a humidity dome on for 6-12 hours then remove it. You risk mold and drowning them if you leave the humidity dome on too long. After I take the dome off, I leave them along.

They generally are sprouted in 4 days.

marijuana-seeds-positioning-in-soil_1_.gif

P10005381.JPG

Seeds sprouted in water with happy tails were planted - two weeks ago and 8 days ago.
I used a mix of 1 part Lobster Compost, 1 part Sphagnim Peat Moss, and 1+ parts perlite. no 'cook' time.
I have used this for repotting outdoor plants and for potting rooted clones in rockwool.
In retrospect, this is probably 'too hot' a mix for seeds. All I grew was a crop of fungus gnats.

The scene of the seed-icide.

20150510_164011.jpg

So sorry Rad. :love: So disheartening, I know. All that green on them suggests too much moisture. Man! Those fungus gnats love you! They follow too much moisture too. My suggestion would be to take some unwaxed paper party cups, poke some big holes in the bottoms of them, fill them with your soil mix and stick them on a SWICK tray. I'm real impressed with the way the small pots are operating on my tray. They're very uniformly moist. Let's see who germinates though.

I typically plant right into the big pot. I'm 3 for 4, which doesn't say a whole lot, does it? Such a lightweight. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I was 7/8 for direct in soil and 6/6 on water sprouted and transplanted to soil..

Then I let someone else transplant and all 7 failed.... It could have been their transplant, but now my transplant failed too.

I know I have tons of watering problems, it's why I love the SWICK.

In this case, the soil turned green after 10 days of watering. The seeds should have popped the surface in 2-5 days.

I'm having bad luck with Northern Lights. My first seed, it was first plant (after 25?) to actually die. My second seed sprouted then failed to break the soil.

I'm bummed.

:hmmmm:

The rest of the room, new clones through late veg plants, are doing great.

At 13-18" wide and 18-20" tall with 4-7 prominent branches, the late veg plants are almost ready to go into the flowering room. A little more bulk and a little more even canopy, and they will be moved.

I accidentally topped my leader on Giselle, the tallest plant, so she will take a week to recover. I wanted to see her with a mega cola, but she looks like she might go boy instead of girl anyway. - c'est la vie.

Flowering. (Sigh). I love flowering. It smells like normal.

As I have yet had the privilege of joining the ranks of the intrepid indoor grower when I was growing outdoors I often started seed in a mix of top soil, vermiculite and perlite with out many issues so long as I did not over water. This was over 30 years ago so...

Sorry for your loss Rad.

Im sorry your little seeds didnt come up. :( But at least you still have your big girls to help soothe the sting of the loss.

Back
Top Bottom