Ready already?

Tedmarx38

This plant is in week six of flowering The closeups are one from the top bud, one from a lower. It’s my first indoor photoperiod and I’m used to autos looking about dead by the time the trichomes go amber. Would you let it ride for a bit, harvest all of it, or harvest just the top buds?

sativa-dominant photoperiods from seed.

Week 6 of flowering.

2x4 tent is 75 degrees 35% rh

12/12 light schedule

Spyder sf 2000 led 200 watt

Lumens - 50,000

Fox farms ocean forest soil, five gallon fabric pot

Alkaline spring water with high ph and low tds.

Watering/feeding at ph 6.3 and using one tsp calmag and 1/4 tsp epsom with feedings along with FF’s recommended nutes by week

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_1474.png

IMG_1473.png

i see a lot of white pistils indicating it's still in build mode. unless it's a hybrid - which it sort of looks - it'll be a while yet. 70 - 120 days is more the time frame for most sativa.

Be sure you are not scoping sugar leaves, they degrade way faster than buds

Easily has 3+ weeks to go

I've stopped scoping leaves, I judge by all the hairs receding

Why are you giving it epsom, if your giving it calmag? 1/4 tspn of epsom seems like a lot...

Watering/feeding at ph 6.3 and using one tsp calmag and 1/4 tsp epsom with feedings
1 teaspoon of your Cal-Mag product might be spot on but can you mention which product it is. Is it a liquid that has to be diluted at 5ml (1 teaspoon) per gallon or a dry powder that gets mixed into water?

The Epsom Salts will provide some Magnesium and some Sulfur but a 1/4 teaspoon is really a mild dose. The usual is 1 tablespoon per gallon. If the Cal-Mag dose is right for the type of product you are using (liquid or powder) then you should be getting enough Magnesium already so no need for the Epsom Salts at this time. As for the Sulfur there do not appear to be any signs on the plants that they are needing than they are already getting.

2x4 tent is 75 degrees 35% rh
Boost the temperatures another 5 to 10 degrees F and the plants will grow better and by the 6th week of flowering they will be larger and there will be larger and heavier flower buds.

If that is the lights on temperature then there is a good chance that the night (lights off) temperatures can be dropping as much as 10 degrees. That can really slow down the plants growth.

Sometimes it is easy to change the lights on temperatures by changing what time the lights come on and go off.

1 teaspoon of your Cal-Mag product might be spot on but can you mention which product it is. Is it a liquid that has to be diluted at 5ml (1 teaspoon) per gallon or a dry powder that gets mixed into water?

The Epsom Salts will provide some Magnesium and some Sulfur but a 1/4 teaspoon is really a mild dose. The usual is 1 tablespoon per gallon. If the Cal-Mag dose is right for the type of product you are using (liquid or powder) then you should be getting enough Magnesium already so no need for the Epsom Salts at this time. As for the Sulfur there do not appear to be any signs on the plants that they are needing than they are already getting.

Boost the temperatures another 5 to 10 degrees F and the plants will grow better and by the 6th week of flowering they will be larger and there will be larger and heavier flower buds.

If that is the lights on temperature then there is a good chance that the night (lights off) temperatures can be dropping as much as 10 degrees. That can really slow down the plants growth.

Sometimes it is easy to change the lights on temperatures by changing what time the lights come on and go off.
Appreciate it. I’m using Bloom City’s 2-0-0 liquid cal mag substitute. Not sure how to get the temps up without causing more problems but I’ll look into it. Appreciate the insights.

Appreciate it. I’m using Bloom City’s 2-0-0 liquid cal mag substitute. Not sure how to get the temps up without causing more problems but I’ll look into it.
I used to put flowering plants into a cabinet and found it hard to control the heat. I could feel that the wood doors and top were warm and all that but the inside would not get up past the mid 70s. I tried heating the room and that did not help much.

When I bought the tent I found that the temperature inside would quickly jump to the upper 80s and the humidity was out of control. After several days of struggling with this I started to control the tent temperature by how much of a gap I had in the door. I would close it most of the way but left a gap at the top. Took several days and the temps went from night time lows of upper 60s to lower 70s to mid 80s when the lights were on.

I am now controlling the temperature in the room with the tent and the door flap.

Thanks all. I’ll stop the Epsom. Re the humidity, I didn’t update that in my conditions template after I got a new, cooler light. It’s actually around 65 percent with lights on, 75% when off. I’ll keep watching it when the heating season starts again though so appreciate the tips.

I used to put flowering plants into a cabinet and found it hard to control the heat. I could feel that the wood doors and top were warm and all that but the inside would not get up past the mid 70s. I tried heating the room and that did not help much.

When I bought the tent I found that the temperature inside would quickly jump to the upper 80s and the humidity was out of control. After several days of struggling with this I started to control the tent temperature by how much of a gap I had in the door. I would close it most of the way but left a gap at the top. Took several days and the temps went from night time lows of upper 60s to lower 70s to mid 80s when the lights were on.

I am now controlling the temperature in the room with the tent and the door flap.
Yeah I had a lot of trouble with heat soaring when I used an overpowered light set up. I now struggle to keep it warm enough.

Thanks all. I’ll stop the Epsom. Re the humidity, I didn’t update that in my conditions template after I got a new, cooler light. It’s actually around 65 percent with lights on, 75% when off. I’ll keep watching it when the heating season starts again though so appreciate the tips.

just be careful as that's bud rot territory.

Back
Top Bottom