Ready or not?

jimiding

420 Member
I almost harvested 3 weeks ago when the top buds were much smaller. Almost all the hairs had turned brown except just 3 or 4 little white hairs at the tips of the buds. I decided to wait until they all turned brown and they started getting more and more new white ones and grew considerably larger. Still have plenty of white hairs on them. I have been pulling off the yellow leaves and it doesn't have a whole lot of leaves left on it. Any suggestions?
IMGP2778.JPG
IMGP2779.JPG
IMGP2780.JPG
IMGP2776.JPG
IMGP2777.JPG

Looks like lots of white pistils still... Do you have a loupe or a magnifying glass? You need to look at the Trichomes. They need to turn from clear to milky with some amber in color. The more amber trichomes the more of a couch lock effect. I like to harvest at about 50% amber.

My answer is Not ready yet do to the white pistils...

:hookah:

Looks like lots of white pistils still... Do you have a loupe or a magnifying glass? You need to look at the Trichomes. They need to turn from clear to milky with some amber in color. The more amber trichomes the more of a couch lock effect. I like to harvest at about 50% amber.

My answer is Not ready yet do to the white pistils...

:hookah:
I guess mostly milky and clear, don't see any amber much. I'll give some more time. Thank you.

IMGP2788.JPG

. I have been pulling off the yellow leaves and it doesn't have a whole lot of leaves left on it. Any suggestions?

Stop pulling off the yellow leaves. Cannabis expends great effort and resources to build those leaves. Each one is its own little solar power plant and battery. The leaves store nutrients. When cannabis needs extra nutrients she will take them from the leaves. Every time you pluck off a yellow leaf she moves on to the next leaf and starts pulling from there turning that one yellow. You’re essentially making her destroy extra leaves by removing the ones she’s currently cannibalizing.

Leave them on until they either fall off by themselves or you can see them clearly hanging by only a thread and detached from the plant.

My answer is Not ready yet do to the white pistils

Also agree with this. When she’s ready her pistils will all be brown and crinkled in. You still have at least a 50/50 mix of white and brown, and they’re still reaching out.

These last few weeks are Uber important for resin production so you want to hold on as long as you can. A large amount of the density and ripeness occurs during the last 2 weeks.

I guess mostly milky and clear, don't see any amber much. I'll give some more time.
That photo makes it look like it is getting close. Up to you as to how much longer to go.

Might want to consider writing down the date the first stigma/pistils start to show or the date the lights were changed over to the flowering schedule. It will help keep track of what the plant is doing how long it actually has been flowering.

Before long you might be able to relate to how far along a plant is by looking at it and knowing how long the flowering started. Without the date it seems the more often we visit the plant the sooner we loose track of just how long it has been flowering.

Without the date it seems the more often we visit the plant the sooner we loose track of just how long it has been flowering.

Ive ironically lost count of how many times I forgot to date stuff. Now, I write it down in my calendar and my notepad on my phone, and I also keep a white board outside my grow room with a schedule written down as well. I still forget from time to time but since I journal my grows I can fall back on them, which is undesirable since they’re so many pages, but at least it’s written down 😂

Ive ironically lost count of how many times I forgot to date stuff. Now, I write it down in my calendar and my notepad on my phone, and I also keep a white board outside my grow room with a schedule written down as well. I still forget from time to time but since I journal my grows I can fall back on them, which is undesirable since they’re so many pages, but at least it’s written down 😂
I write the date and a one word note on a piece of the blue masking tape and stick that to the side of the pot. Something like "Soil 07-09-23" tells me I transplanted to soil on the 9th. Or "Darkroom 07-09-23" tells me I put it into the flowering tent on the 9th. Between the day the seed was planted or the cutting taken off a mother there will be a history with string of blue tape pieces. Each transplanting all the previous tape pieces gets removed from the old pot and stuck on the new pot.

Doing that has prevented me from transplanting plants 3 or 4 days after I had already done it.

Things like routine watering, no tape or note. But special fertilizing for all the vegetating or all the flowering plants will get a note on a calendar on the wall.

I write the date and a one word note on a piece of the blue masking tape and stick that to the side of the pot. Something like "Soil 07-09-23" tells me I transplanted to soil on the 9th. Or "Darkroom 07-09-23" tells me I put it into the flowering tent on the 9th. Between the day the seed was planted or the cutting taken off a mother there will be a history with string of blue tape pieces. Each transplanting all the previous tape pieces gets removed from the old pot and stuck on the new pot.

Doing that has prevented me from transplanting plants 3 or 4 days after I had already done it.

Things like routine watering, no tape or note. But special fertilizing for all the vegetating or all the flowering plants will get a note on a calendar on the wall.

Tape on the pots is brilliant. All the notes and schedules in the world don’t help when I forget which pot is which, or rub off the markings 😂

I color code now and use different color pins since I’m in fabric pots. It works well, but I’m working on something a little more rigorous so there’s no chance of mistake.

Stop pulling off the yellow leaves. Cannabis expends great effort and resources to build those leaves. Each one is its own little solar power plant and battery. The leaves store nutrients. When cannabis needs extra nutrients she will take them from the leaves. Every time you pluck off a yellow leaf she moves on to the next leaf and starts pulling from there turning that one yellow. You’re essentially making her destroy extra leaves by removing the ones she’s currently cannibalizing.

Leave them on until they either fall off by themselves or you can see them clearly hanging by only a thread and detached from the plant.
OK Thanks, good to know.
Are you still feeding them? That can encourage new flowers that never ripen
Yes, I will stop now and maybe they will finish up soon.

That photo makes it look like it is getting close. Up to you as to how much longer to go.

Might want to consider writing down the date the first stigma/pistils start to show or the date the lights were changed over to the flowering schedule. It will help keep track of what the plant is doing how long it actually has been flowering.

Before long you might be able to relate to how far along a plant is by looking at it and knowing how long the flowering started. Without the date it seems the more often we visit the plant the sooner we loose track of just how long it has been flowering.
Will do.

I guess mostly milky and clear, don't see any amber much. I'll give some more time. Thank you.

IMGP2788.JPG
I don’t look at trichomes for ripeness—but if I were wanting mostly clear trichs and an undeveloped effect Id yank them suckers.
white Pistils are connected to unripe calyx’s as the calyx matures it will appear to engulf the dead dry amber pistil. The calyx will be visibly swollen to the naked eye—bulging out all over the place—all of today’s hybrids will get the popped popcorn look—rare tropical landrace Sativas can produce white pistils the whole time—but that’s not what you’re dealing with.
keep feeding and let er finish—5 more weeks! Keep the leaves green till the end, shouldn’t be turning yellow. That means those buds are hungry and you’re not feeding what they need and theyre pulling nutes out of its own leaves eating itself.

I take pics, they are time stamped, i can just look through my pics in my phone.

I take pics, they are time stamped, i can just look through my pics in my phone.

never get on a plane to another country with that phone. there's a number of places that will still get you a stay in the midnight express hotel. i've had my phone searched a couple times when travelling.

never get on a plane to another country with that phone. there's a number of places that will still get you a stay in the midnight express hotel. i've had my phone searched a couple times when travelling.
It could cause a problem or two in some states in the US depending on why local police became interested in the phone.

It is not only photos but think about the GPS that most phones have running in the background all the time.

And, why do "apps", including those supermarket 'loyalty points' apps want permission to access both the GPS and the photo directories on the phone's storage system?

It has gotten to the point where I have only one game app on my current phone and do not use the 'internet' or 'google' function to look up anything except for the occasional check of whether an eMail msg came through.

I’m thankful all of my international travel has been military based, or on some sort of orders/leave. I ran into an issue only one time but it was intense.

We just got back from Afghanistan to TN/KY. So this means I’ve already been through customs twice at least. It also means all of my gear and equipment have been checked by me, my platoon sergeant, airline workers, and customs security by hand and X-ray at least two to three times.

I get a phone call that a close relative is on their death bed, so I get emergency leave approved. I’m at the airport within 3 hours of the phone call. I fly out from Nashville and into Chicago to connect to Detroit. I’m still in uniform and have my assault pack going through security in Chicago. (An assault pack is a just a fancy name for a strong government issued backpack that has my uniform print on it). At this point I’ve now been through at least 4-5 security points and X-rays.

As my bag is going through the Chicago X-ray they stop me. Next thing I know 4 TSA agents are pointing at the monitor while I’m standing there. They start peppering me with questions about guns and ammo. I tell them there’s nothing in there. I literally just got back from Afghanistan. I went through multiple checkpoints and levels of security, there’s nothing in any of my stuff, I’m still wearing the Afghanistan version of my uniform, I have orders, leave paperwork, a military ID, I’m good.

I wasn’t good 😂 apparently I and many others missed the 3 empty magazines I had in one of the extra layers of my bag. These empty magazines set them tf off especially because they had been tagged with my unit, F 5-1-101. They start talking about calling the police and that Im gonna miss my flight and I’m gonna have to file a police report and I may even be arrested. They’ve never seen anything like this before, do the markings mean there’s more magazines?!

I’m flabbergasted at this point.. It’s clear I’ve just come from a literal war zone. I have everything I need to prove it and the magazines were just an unfortunate mistake. I’ve been through multiple security points and searches and we’ve all missed the magazines. Plus they’re empty, there’s not much you can do with an empty magazine.

They’re not buying it lol. It’s hard to explain to civilians how you can just forget about three empty magazines but anyone who has been down range knows there’s not a whole lot of accountability for the magazines and ammo we’re given. Everyone steps off the plane and is handed 270 armor piercing rounds loaded in magazines.. Doesn’t matter who you are. A few empty magazines are pretty easy to forget, especially when you’ve been through hundreds of them and you never have to sign a hand receipt (property receipt) for them, so they’re expendable. (Usually only expendable down range)

Man these agents really grilled me. I was still in heavy shock from being down range though so this all seemed amusing to me, like someone was pranking me. They didn’t like that lol which made them call their supervisor. At this point I’ve been standing there for 20ish minutes and my plane is getting ready to board.

My luck starting breaking my way with the supervisor. I got promoted down range so I was a Sergeant at this point. When the supervisor walked up he says “Oh man, what’s going on Sarnt?” which instantly put me at ease because the only ones who would’ve known my rank AND to say “sarnt” instead of Sergeant are people familiar with the Army. Turns out the supervisor had recently medically retired from the Army as an E6 (staff sergeant) and had deployed multiple times as well. So he knew the magazine story was legit and that I was just trying to get home.

The gate agents went to speak and he just cut them off. He told me if I let him take the magazines he could just walk me to my plane and let me get out of there and get home. I didn’t even know the magazines were there so I said sure they’re yours. He starts walking me to the gate and we’re talking about the Army and he’s asking probing questions to see if I’m full of shit or not.

We get to the gate and he apologizes, I apologize, he tells me he’ll talk to the police and let them know it was a misunderstanding. I thank him profusely and hop on my plane.

The best part of all of it?

When I get home I tear my bag apart. That situation sucked and I didn’t want it to happen again. I pull out my back pad and there on the bottom are 3 armor piercing rounds sitting there. They flipped their shit over empty magazines and threatened me with jail, and yet STILL they missed the actual rounds. I tossed those suckers in an amnesty box real quick 🤣

Back
Top Bottom