Removing unwanted branches - autos

burdok420

Hey, folks.

I have 2x Autos growing in a short tent, so controlling the height of the plant is a must.
I have been using LST with some success on my babies, and they're lovely and bushy. I do, however, wish to remove some branches to direct that energy into some bigger buds, and it would also help reduce how much plant I need to manipulate.

My question is this: Do any of you do this with your autos? And also, when in their life-cycle do you remove them?

Currently my girls are around day 32, and haven't yet shown any true signs of being in flower other than stretching a bit.

Any help would be wonderful,
Thank you!
-B-

Yes, I do that all the time
I usually top at node 3 - 5 and take off the two lowermost branches
Also do a bit of thinning if it's looking congested, or if large fan leaves are covering good bud sites/branches
Around day 30 sounds about right depending on how the plant is shaping up

Yes, I do that all the time
I usually top at node 3 - 5 and take off the two lowermost branches
Also do a bit of thinning if it's looking congested, or if large fan leaves are covering good bud sites/branches
Around day 30 sounds about right depending on how the plant is shaping up

Sorry for the delayed reply, Roy. I need to remember to tap "Watch" on these threads haha.

So you reckon I should be okay to remove some branches? They're looking so nice and I'm worried about stunting them :nervous-guy:
How many do you typically remove? I haven't topped them, just LST thus far

So you reckon I should be okay to remove some branches? They're looking so nice and I'm worried about stunting them :nervous-guy:
How many do you typically remove?

general rule of thumb is try not to remove much more than 10%. most underestimate how much they've removed. the idea is to open the interior up for air flow and to let the remaining branches develop better.

I do the same as Roy. Never had an issue.

Cheers, Charlie. I'm starting to think it might be necessary at this stage. Not much space for 2 massive bushes haha

general rule of thumb is try not to remove much more than 10%. most underestimate how much they've removed. the idea is to open the interior up for air flow and to let the remaining branches develop better.

Nice one, Bluter. Thank you for the tips, I've defoliated photos before, but my auto experience is limited

Back
Top Bottom