Replace 600W HPS with LED

I made the jump a couple of years ago now, and after a little bit of a learning curve and now much better LED lights, I am definitely experiencing better yields and better quality product, for much less electricity costs. The way to look at LED is different than HID... don't think watt per watt.... think footprint and available PAR. LED generally requires you to get much closer to the canopy than HID, so the tight footprint under an LED light is much different than the wide dispersion with an HID light 36" away. Also, heat is no longer a problem, so that also allows for much closer placement as well as deeper penetration into the canopy. Lastly, LED plays games with the old inverse squared law followed by regular light... LED is "tuned" light, and it just seems to penetrate a lot better... red and blue focused light, even in a full spectrum light, goes through leaves better than yellow light... and this makes LED growing very interesting if you come at it with HID experience.
Welcome back by the way... let me know if I can help.
would you have any recommendations on good LED setups now that you've gotten more experience at it?

would you have any recommendations on good LED setups now that you've gotten more experience at it?

emilya is no longer active. she's on a hiatus. start a separate thread with your question and give us some details.

in the meantime why not check in and introduce yourself ? just follow the link.

nice to have you aboard. :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom