Retirement right around the corner

Good call on the GH recommendation @Rexer!:thumb: I've been using their Floranova Grow & Bloom products for years and with no problems of any deficiencies in my plants whatsoever. I also add 10mm of Liquid Karma & 5mm of Terpinator per gallon just for good measure and I'm off to the races.;)
Thanks Cola Monster! I've never tried the Liquid Karma before, but after just reading up on it, I'm quite certain there will be a bottle of it on my shelf in the future (thank you!). This last run was my first using Terpinator and I'll be buying a big jug of it. I don't see myself straying much from the Floranova series, it works and is much easier than juggling several additives for the same result (and it saves more $$). I tried the MC, and failed where many had success, but switched back over to Floranova and have turned it into a grow I'm more then pleased with.

Thanks Cola Monster! I've never tried the Liquid Karma before, but after just reading up on it, I'm quite certain there will be a bottle of it on my shelf in the future (thank you!). This last run was my first using Terpinator and I'll be buying a big jug of it. I don't see myself straying much from the Floranova series, it works and is much easier than juggling several additives for the same result (and it saves more $$). I tried the MC, and failed where many had success, but switched back over to Floranova and have turned it into a grow I'm more then pleased with.
I myself have tried many brands of nutes over the years but always went back to using the GH lines as well. Good products and with a reasonable price to boot!:blunt:

Hey folks, getting to that age and starting to think about what I’m going to do with my spare time and my desire to be stoned lol.
what I’m leaning toward is growing 2-3 plants at a time, going autoflower to start with my plants. Probably best the grow indoor and use a tent setup. Is 2x4’ by 72” or so enough or should I be thinking bigger? Should I be grabbing a full kit with lights and vent? Aiming at doing hydro to get started.
Any advice on preferred setups to get me going would be great, thanks in advance

If I can answer just one part of your concerns. If Tim have the space go at least 4by4, if you have it go 5by5. 2by4 will get you 2 plants at most and no working room. You need space to work with these plants . That’s my solid one piece of good advice

If I can answer just one part of your concerns. If Tim have the space go at least 4by4, if you have it go 5by5. 2by4 will get you 2 plants at most and no working room. You need space to work with these plants . That’s my solid one piece of good advice
Upping my tent size to a 3x3 setup for more plant and equipment space. If I can get three plants in cool, if not I’ll just need to pay more attention to what I’ve got growing on.

Upping my tent size to a 3x3 setup for more plant and equipment space. If I can get three plants in cool, if not I’ll just need to pay more attention to what I’ve got growing on.
Your choice of strain, and grow style will also have an impact on your space. In a 3x3, I'd do max 2 plants and put a net in (my current SuperSkunk Autoflower is 1 foot high above the net, and two feet wide using a net). You'll get just as much come harvest time with less headaches. You can cram plants in (my 1st harvest was beyond tight), but the reality is it constricts airflow. Its nice to have that extra plant in case of a loss. But....The more plants crammed in, the more they'll raise RH, which in turn invites mildew and bud rot. The counter to it is higher airflow, which means bigger stronger fans, which in turn creates more heat (fans release a surprising amount of heat)....its a vicious cycle and is about finding your comfortable balance. Oh and high heat makes for fluffier buds, and sets an environment where pathogens thrive.

There are strains that are more resistant to PM and other stresses, and are always good strains to start with, Blueberry is a fantastic example. Good Genetics are extremely important.

I know in this post there's not a lot of solid answers. As the grower, the decisions are yours to make, as your in charge of your grow (and if shit goes sideways....), we'll just try to make sure you have enough information to make informed decisions.

Hey folks, getting to that age and starting to think about what I’m going to do with my spare time and my desire to be stoned lol.
what I’m leaning toward is growing 2-3 plants at a time, going autoflower to start with my plants. Probably best the grow indoor and use a tent setup. Is 2x4’ by 72” or so enough or should I be thinking bigger? Should I be grabbing a full kit with lights and vent? Aiming at doing hydro to get started.
Any advice on preferred setups to get me going would be great, thanks in advance

A Budget Led -240 watt full spectrum, UV, Dimmimable, veg to flower switch --Series 3 It has a 4by4 veg and 3by3 fower have one myself best light ever Also so they a Flower light with deep red spectrum, ect Series 2 -a 240 watter -(also have this onw two, These would be your minumin wattage and work excellant for your grow room size . can alway go higher wattage but is more expensive (Note consider a feminized seeds as main and a auto thrown into the mix) I have been including a auto with regular grow, then I have a early harvest but I use the 18/6 and the 12/12 on all - works out nicely what kind of nutrients are you going to use ? Remember to Keep It Simple At First, Here is the 3 things that you must have GOOD Genetics, Good lighting and GOOD medium ( soil) in that order !!!!!! your grow what strains ?

Welcome lots of help here but I know diddly squat about hydro

Should have most everything by the end of the week and ready to roll. First grow will be Jack Herer autoflower. Let’s get this show started

Should have most everything by the end of the week and ready to roll. First grow will be Jack Herer autoflower. Let’s get this show started

hi @Wheresjerry .. welcome to the circus. :welcome:

i'm late to the show, and haven't gone through the whole thread .. that said :

if at all possible you don't want to start with an auto. you're not gonna nail a first grow, and most autos pretty much demand that you know how to nail it. if encountering a problem in an auto, you may not get to correct it in time before it adversely effects yield or quality.

photos will buy you time. if there is a problem, we can help coach you through it before stuck with a poor end or worse.

i recommend filling a few jars before you get going on the harder things.

if you insist on it though, the jack herer is super stable auto. cbd plants are always on the easy side, no matter auto or photo.

i'm assuming you are mainly growing for med purposes. if that is the case you are going to want a high thc plant to compliment the cbd source. they frankly work together. i grow primarily for med, and have been in the local mmj community for a while. you are gonna want to have both on hand.

there's probably more. good luck. lotsa decent folk here. :)

Not too bad for a first timer
C176363D-5C2F-4F73-8807-BC0E1569F1C5.jpeg
E6F7D64F-57C8-463E-A16F-CBBA19F86651.jpeg
9C97D09A-0F38-4666-926D-6FB6C20D52A2.jpeg
A85E3365-5565-461A-999E-7E993F347D3E.jpeg

9C97D09A-0F38-4666-926D-6FB6C20D52A2.jpeg

E6F7D64F-57C8-463E-A16F-CBBA19F86651.jpeg

C176363D-5C2F-4F73-8807-BC0E1569F1C5.jpeg

Beauties, @Wheresjerry!

What strain(s) did you decide on? What medium is in the fabric pot?

Let me say it again, Beauties!!! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom