Rookie Take-2

srjc

Ok then, take 2,
My first attempt became a disappointment close to the end, it turned out to be male, so were the clones, so hoping that this time i get it right.

Meet 'Madam' my second grow............these pics were taken a few weeks ago

25082011680.jpg

25082011676.jpg

'Madam' is the product of bag-seed.

'Madam' has also been tip'd and Lst'd since the above pics were taken, this grow im hoping to keep closer to the base level of the plant..

The grow box is 450mm x 450mm x 1800mm, sealed it against moisture, i have Panda film on the walls of the box.

I have a dwc 20lt setup, I will be installing a tap at the base of the 20lt bucket to make cleaning/flushing a tad easier for me.

The airflow being pumped through the water is done via 4 x 60cm flexible air-stones running off a SR-2500. (looking at upgrading the air-pump)

The water currently is at room temperature but will be heated to 20-22 degree celsius.

The medium im using is expandable clay currently in a 100mm net pot but will be transplanted into a 200ml net pot tomorrow.

The lighting at the moment is that of 1 x 20w cfl which will be changed to 2 x 48w above and 2 x 20w at the sides(incandescent) cfls tomorrow

The nutes i will be using are:
"canadianxpress ultimate indoor for hydro growth" for the veg and then,
"canadianxpress ultimate indoor for hydro bloom" for flowering

There is a extracting fan at the rear of the box at the top height of the bucket, this fan is reversible to be used as a wind to strengthen the stem of the plant, then reversed again to be used as a extracting fan, connected to a (diy) carbon filter (will be installing a second reversible fan at a later date)

Will post more recent pics of 'Madam' once the transplant has been completed....and new pics of the grow box as i have made changes from the last grow.

:yahoo: im back in the grow...lol :party:

:welcome: to my thread

:circle-of-love:

Hope you get a female this time. If you want to save the NE$T (Nute, Energy, Money, and Time) get feminized seeds. There are a few sponsors that sells single seeds so you don't have to get a whole pack. That's how I got started. Right now I'm into regular seeds to obtain males for the breeding program. The cost of one fem seed will save a lot of NE$T in the long run. Your previous grow were male, by now you're well 1/2 way in flower if you started with 1 feminized seed. It's all good, heh.

Like your mini DWC. I'm in on this one.

Hope you get a female this time. If you want to save the NE$T (Nute, Energy, Money, and Time) get feminized seeds. There are a few sponsors that sells single seeds so you don't have to get a whole pack. That's how I got started. Right now I'm into regular seeds to obtain males for the breeding program. The cost of one fem seed will save a lot of NE$T in the long run. Your previous grow were male, by now you're well 1/2 way in flower if you started with 1 feminized seed. It's all good, heh.

Like your mini DWC. I'm in on this one.

:welcome: '1212', to my second attempt, would love to save the 'NE$T, but am concerned about buying feminized seeds as im in Aust., i have looked at the sponsors repeatedly even filled a cart on 1, but then backed out, but i do know your right, i would be well on my way if i bite the bullet and just do it......:peace:

Yes; i was nearly at the halfway mark on 'Rookie Grow - Baby', when i realized that it may be male and 'astonr420' confirmed it, had my cry bout it last night, but today is a new day and Madam is on her way to being a beautiful female (please-please-please-lol), this time im armed with the teachings from my first attempt and willing to listen, read and learn again...

I also do like the way DWC works would like to expand, but will keep it small, for now.....

:love:

:thanks:

Your previous DWC grow was amazing. I agree, DWC is great! For this grow, "Madam" since it's regular seed you can veg the plant out for 3 weeks and then put it under bloom to determine sex. If you get a female (fingers cross) you can either flower her out or go back to 18/6 for more veg growth for another month before putting her in bloom again, to increase yield. That way you could save a month's NE$T if it is a male. If so head over to the sponsor and order a fem seed or plants lots of regular seeds to increase your odds of getting a female. Good luck!

since it's regular seed you can veg the plant out for 3 weeks and then put it under bloom to determine sex. If you get a female (fingers cross) you can either flower her out or go back to 18/6 for more veg growth for another month before putting her in bloom again,

so let me get this right,

i can, after 3weeks veg (18/6), put "madam" into flower (12/12), to sex her for sure, if female finish flowering, trim, then put her back into veg (18/6), then flower (12/12) again.

if this is right how often can you do this?
do you loose the THC level in doing this?

:thanks:

Once you have "Madam" under bloom and if the plant is a female you can finish her out. Or once pistils has shown while she's in bloom (12/12) put her back to veg right away. This is only an option if you want to have more vegetative growth to take some clones from and for more yield. Only do this once so the plant is not stressed. Unless you want to keep her as a mom and flower out the clones.

THC level will not be lost since it hasn't started the production of the chemical. If light cycle interruption during mid-late week of bloom the THC level will drop. There are other aspect of growing that could also lower the THC level; temp, RH, nute burns, deficiency, over water, dryness, etc…

Good luck and stay green!

cool thankyou 1212, will make a attempt at that, so here goes.........

haven't done any pics recently as haven't had much time as a family member had a small accident over the weekend and i have been busy with them........will get around to it soon though......
:peace:
:420:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

sorry havent been round for a while and no this grow is now past, as this also turned male, but am waiting on some female clones from a mate and while start a new thread then.........cheers one and all

Back
Top Bottom