Rooky grower looking for strain to learn from

PlanetJ

Hey all,

I have seriously killed my first grow, and am currently flowering my second grow. I was planning on starting a mum project with Northern Lights and White Widow bagseed, but they failed to sprout.

This leaves me with a need for seeds. Since I got an opportunity to make myself learn, I was wondering what strains people would recommend for me to learn from. I will be growing indoors, in soil, under CFL's and am planning to bonsai mum them, and use clones for my next grow.

I have limited space, both in square meters as in hight, and thus will likely SCRoG or FLUX the clones.

The high and taste are of lesser importance here... I want to learn from her.
I'm thus looking for a strain that will guarantee small issues from time to time that will need diagnosis and mending .. I'm not looking for a relatively easy strain.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Indica's are easier to grow, shorter and more durable from what I know. Any strain with OG Kush in it would be a solid choice, but hey there are thousands of indica strains to choose from, just gotta find that one you like.

Ok, now that comes partly from my own xp, and partly from checking what noobs are successful with in their journals. Top beginner's strain is AK-48. Other very stable varieties, but rather old school, I can recommend are: The Shit and Master Kush x Skunk #1 from Mr. Nice seeds, a lot of strains from Dutch Passion, like Orange Bud, Power Plant, Passion #1. Also, Green Crack is a top no-problem strain to me as will be most of indica-dominant Skunk #1 crosses.

Good luck man :bong:

good advice to start with indica or indica dom hybrid. I recommend Bubblegum. easy to grow, minimal stretching, rewarding harvest. Not prone to hermie. a good starter strain and a good one to keep running. there are many other good ones. Id avoid 16 week pure sativas at all cost for your first go at it. ;)

I guess I was not clear enough ... I am looking for a strain that will guarantee that I will run into small issues, and thus force me to learn. I'm not looking for a strain that will go easy on me ... quite the opposite ;)

Many seed sites post lots of data with their seeds and some even show an ease of growth indication. I'm not sure how accurate that might be... and everyone's specific grow conditions will yield different results, and every seed has it's own set of traits, so your results and experiences may vary wildly.
Having said all that, why not start by shopping for some seeds that are rated moderately hard to grow?

I think you have a pretty good list here already, so now u just need to find out what kind of strain you like best, and your problems are over :bong:

Sponsors like Herbies also have free seed promos, so in addition to seeds which you purchase to experiment on, you'll have free seeds to work with as well. It's a win-win!

I still have left over Hawaiian Haze Skunk seeds that I need to find more grow room for.:surf:

Back
Top Bottom