Roots producing new plants

Enr0n

6 week old Santa Marta Gold photo plant in FFOF, fed FF nutes by schedule, planted in 7 gal grow bags. The plants have been indoors with 18/6 lights and a favorable growing condition, temps at 24-28C. Admit the bags got dry a bit on the surface at least twice. The growth looks like the roots had favorable conditions to sprout new vegetative growth. I guess if true then the plant air clones it's roots and I will be able to transplant the new growth.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Growth is over 7 days old.
20201011_120304.jpg20201011_120210.jpg20201011_120221.jpg
I did do some thinning of the foliage her. I have left her sister alone to grow and she doesn't have any unusual growth.
20201007_154513.jpg

agree,, look like violas, not cannabis

Hey EnrOn pretty freaky stuff.... I’ve heard of roots air pruning but not air cloning. But I know what you mean, I’ve seen houseplants that do similar but I’ve never seen it on our crop. I’m curious but kinda skeptical too. Agree with Roaming & Nivek, something doesn’t look right, can you get more pics up close? It looks like double cotyledons... any chance someone has been messing in the tent dropping birdseed or something funky just to trip you out?

I’m not a pro by any stretch and certainly willing to be wrong.... but I’d like to see where this goes!

keep us posted please

You got weeds in your soil but it ain't weed. A sprout from a root wouldn't have cotyledon leaves coming up first. Those are already waiting to emerge from inside a seed.

If you tie a branch down so part of it is under the soil and you keep that bit wet it will sprout roots then can be cut out and grown like a clone.

:peace:

Hey Enron, If they looked more like cannabis I would watch a bit longer, but if you have had them outside at all I would scoop them out now. I'm surrounded by fields and swamp and have all sorts of sprouts in my outdoor soil.
I would use a teaspoon, scoop them out and transplant them, observe them from their own pots. If they are unyielding and attached to the roots somehow you'll know for sure! :goodluck:

Ok, ok ... I was being all politically correct, gonna shoot from the hip now. Never heard of weed doing that, houseplants yes but weed no. We call them volunteers meaning any other seed that found its way in. But as OldMedUser said if you bury a branch it will root up. I’ve even done rooting in the air on a supported branch with rapid rooters and putting black plastic on top side to keep light from penetreating the porous rapid rooter material.

I wish it was weed for your sake but the appearance & cotys are giveaways.... now go ahead and pull a weed plant out of your hat and fix it so I will look like an idiot!!!

Back
Top Bottom