Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 2015

Re: Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 201

That's the stuff. 25 grams is a lot, it's a lifetime supply capable of turning hundreds of plants.

I got a lot because I might screw up my first time.

This should be here on or before Feb 13.

Re: Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 201

You won't screw up. The scale has a +/- .01 gram error margin, and for 100 ppm the recipe is 0.1grams a liter so you will have to make at least a gallon/4litres (.4g) to be safe. To put it in perspective, one gallon treats about twenty 12"-15" tall plants.

Feb 6, 2015

The clones are looking pretty sad :(

But it ain't over till the fat lady sings!

12753.jpg

21840.jpg

31619.jpg

41245.jpg

Feb 10, 2015 - Day 5

3 of the 4 clones have perked up and look like they are responding very well. One clone is still a little droopy, hopefully she livens up soon.

Glad they perked finally all perked up

Reducing the light intensity definitely helped.

All right! Nice job. And congrats on flowering the big girl. Now the fun stuff starts.

Hell yeah man! I cant wait till my tops look like all the others I see in these journals. White hairs everywhere.

Feb 13, 2015

Ok. I panicked a little because I still haven't seen roots from my original clones yet, so I went ahead and pulled 6 more cuttings from the underside of the big girl. These cuttings were coming off anyway and I REALLY don't want to lose this plant because she has exceeded my expectations. I figure it's better to have too many than none at all.

IMG_20150213_233540.jpg

IMG_20150213_233630.jpg

You got 4 nice ones in there, give them time. I like taking a whole bunch to get X amount of identically sized/rooted ones and chuck the rest, also, the more you have, the bigger pool you can choose from.

I do that... Like the mother plant. I had 5 seeds from Dinafem but I only germinated one. Took the risk. Planed on having 4 plants, only took 4 clones. Next time I will take more cuttings for sure.

At the concentrations we are working at it is perfectly safe, it is sold and used topically at .5% as a skin disinfectant and we are well below that. The danger is in ingesting it, obviously we don't consume the treated buds.

Nice. Thanks for guiding me through this. A few questions.

So when the time comes I am mixing 2g per 1 gallon of water? (edit. I just re-read your post. So .4g of Silver Nitrate to 1 gallon of water. You werent kidding that this will be enough for a lifetime supply)

How long can I store the mixed solution?

How often will I be spraying the plant?

Once I collect the pollen and apply it to the female flowers, am I able to consume the buds after I pull the seeds out?

Yeah, um, sorry, that recipe is actually wrong for you, it's about .4g pure elemental silver per gallon. You are using a salt so it's 0.4-0.5 grams/Liter, for 100-125 ppm tds. It's easier to just use your tds/ppm pen though, the doses are so small. I mixed up 0.25 grams AgNo3 in 500ml water and it tests at EC 0.23 so 115 ppm with .500 conversion.

It keeps for quite a while as long as it's in the dark, it reacts to light

At first you'll be spraying every day or two.

Seeded bud is still good bud.

Back
Top Bottom