Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 2015

Re: Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 201

Yeah, um, sorry, that recipe is actually wrong for you, it's about .4g pure elemental silver per gallon. You are using a salt so it's 0.4-0.5 grams/Liter, for 100-125 ppm tds. It's easier to just use your tds/ppm pen though, the doses are so small. I mixed up 0.25 grams AgNo3 in 500ml water and it tests at EC 0.23 so 115 ppm with .500 conversion.

It keeps for quite a while as long as it's in the dark, it reacts to light

At first you'll be spraying every day or two.

Seeded bud is still good bud.

Gotcha. Okay I will go 0.4-0.5g per liter and only mix a liter at a time. I do not have a ppm tester so I will be using your recipe. Im glad seeded bud will still be consumable. I wasnt sure if brushing contaminated pollen onto the buds would be harmful to ingest.

Re: Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 201

I didn't realize that you meant the seeded buds could be contaminated, after much research I concluded it was safe and never gave it a second thought.

By the time the plant is producing pollen it is not being sprayed anymore. The plant can absorb the elemental silver but there will not either in the pollen if it has not been directly sprayed. Once mixed with water and sprayed it will breakdown and the silver ion will pick up an electron from light and become pure silver which is non toxic, this is what causes the stains, pure silver. At least part of the pollen becomes part of the seed. It is also water soluble so buds can be washed if there is a doubt that there might be some surface contamination.

If you only fertilize a few buds or part of a plant and they are heavily seeded, by the time you pick all the seeds out there won't be that much left anyway, so I guess it would be prudent to just chuck it and write it off as the cost of producing seeds.

A quick read on silver absorption from AgNo3 in watermelons I had in my papers:

https://www.pakbs.org/pjbot/PDFs/46(5)/39.pdf

Feb 21,2015

Transplanted my first clone over to the organic soil mix from a local nursery. Later today I will move another one of the short, stalky clones into the FoxFarm and the comparison will begin. Man, I hope this organic soil performs well.

It looks like all 4 original clones are gonna make it and now I feel bad because I have to kill the 6 other clones that I took for backup.

Some pics -

This girl has a little bit of a gangster lean going. Gotta straighten her up somehow. Or she will correct herself.

IMG_20150221_121159.jpg

IMG_20150221_121445.jpg

IMG_20150221_121457.jpg

Looks great, don't you need some of the six clones for males?

So if I understand correctly, the action plan is to use several plants to fill out and maintain a screen in the veg tent and swap the lights when the other tent is done flowering.

Thanks dude. I was going to have 4 clones and turn one male and then pollinate one leaving me with 2 seedless females. Should I have more than one male?

I am concerned about space since my single girl got so huge. I suppose I could have more plants that I can flower sooner.

I am going to just veg and flower in each tent and not mess with moving plants around.
Subbed. Excited to watch the silver nitrate art work. I just started the process a few days ago but with cs. Good luck with your venture I'll be following along.

Thanks man! Hopefully I can pull it off and be entertaining too! Alienpus has been guiding me and is teaching me a lot. Not only with feminizing seeds but the dude is a wizard with electronics.

Feb 22, 2015

Potted another clone. This new girl is in the FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil. We will see if she grows better than the local organic soil I got for a lot cheaper.

Little shout out to Alienpus in the video for his guidance in feminizing.

[video=youtube;GJQ2xBID4ho]
[/video]

IMG_20150222_191842.jpg

IMG_20150222_191858.jpg

IMG_20150221_1214571.jpg

Feb 26, 2015

Here they are in their uniforms. The starting lineup for the 2015 season.

I have decided to have 4 females and one to-be-male (not pictured). I am going to keep the male and one female in their 1 gallon pots since they really don't need to be large plants. My other 3 females will end up in 5 gallon smart pots.

IMG_20150226_234429.jpg

IMG_20150226_234437.jpg

IMG_20150226_234403.jpg

Mar 1, 2015

Its amazing how fast these things grow in 3 days!

I threw away the backup clones :( and put away the humidity dome. They are all under way. I will keep the one male and one female in their 1 gallon pots unless they should be in bigger pots. I don't need huge breeding plants right?

So far the local soil is growing it's plant like a damn champ! Hopefully she wont experience any nute issues. man, I hope she grows just as well as the FoxFarm Ocean Forest. This would save me a ton of money.

IMG_20150301_191819.jpg

IMG_20150301_191828.jpg

IMG_20150301_191843.jpg

Nice thread here!
learning some things I am.

Keep in mind that by the time you have pollen it may be to late to seed a female that started flower at same time, she will need 4-6 weeks to produce mature seeds.

How long would you say it takes to turn her male and get pollen? I can start the process in the flower tent to trigger or even in another ghetto enclosure. What about plant size? How big do you think I should grow the male?

It's been taking me about 5 weeks flower before a decent amount of pollen sacs start to open. Your male does not need to be very big and has to remain portable. I like working with 16" or so tall plants, you could take that tall clone and prune it, veg it a week or so to about 7-8" and flower. You can flower it along with your other girl under your good light for a few weeks and move it out once pollen sacs start to form.

It's been taking me about 5 weeks flower before a decent amount of pollen sacs start to open. Your male does not need to be very big and has to remain portable. I like working with 16" or so tall plants, you could take that tall clone and prune it, veg it a week or so to about 7-8" and flower. You can flower it along with your other girl under your good light for a few weeks and move it out once pollen sacs start to form.

I cant take that one. The tall one is my cheap local soil that I am doing a grow comparison with. I want to see if she will grow just as well as the others that are in the FoxFarm soil.

I will work with another one, get it ready then flower and in the mean time maybe build a cardboard box enclosure or something.

I cant take that one. The tall one is my cheap local soil that I am doing a grow comparison with. I want to see if she will grow just as well as the others that are in the FoxFarm soil.

I will work with another one, get it ready then flower and in the mean time maybe build a cardboard box enclosure or something.

Sounds like a good plan.

Mar 4, 2015

Did some topping on the clones. This generic soil is working like a damn champ. We will see by flower if it will be my new alternative to the FFOF.

No pics today, just a video.

[video=youtube;MvF-TxD_pDQ]
[/video]

What is so special about fox farm soil ?

From what I have read it is the go-to soil for growing cannabis. before I started growing I did lots of reading on what was the best stuff to use and it boiled down to Roots Organic, FoxFarm Ocean Forest and HappyFrog. I went with FFOF for my first grow and she turned out really nice. Its a high quality soil and it looks better than the local nursery stuff but if I can get the same results with the cheaper stuff then I will be really happy.

There is a topic on FFOF and HappyFrog here Fox Farms Soil - Ocean Forest or Happy Frog

I eventually want to go DWC but I need to get my feet wet with a few grows first.

From what I have read it is the go-to soil for growing cannabis. before I started growing I did lots of reading on what was the best stuff to use and it boiled down to Roots Organic, FoxFarm Ocean Forest and HappyFrog. I went with FFOF for my first grow and she turned out really nice. Its a high quality soil and it looks better than the local nursery stuff but if I can get the same results with the cheaper stuff then I will be really happy.

There is a topic on FFOF and HappyFrog here Fox Farms Soil - Ocean Forest or Happy Frog

I eventually want to go DWC but I need to get my feet wet with a few grows first.

Thanks

Hey guys. I am having some issues with one of my clones. I have no idea what is wrong. I have been looking at different deficiencies and the only thing that it looks like to me is a boron deficiency. I could be way off so I am hoping you guys might be able to help me with your knowledge.

I am also going to post this in my other journal as some people there who are not subscribed here might have some answers in case the folks here are stumped.

This plant is in FFOF soil. I gave it nutes once, a light dosage. I have since watered it twice with pH'd water that included Epsom salt. It's under CFLs and lighting is 24/0. Humidity has been really low, under 20% and I have just added a humidifier tonight in case that is part of the issue. I will do a runoff test in a day or 2 since she was just watered and her runoff mixed with the other clone's runoff.

Any ideas?

IMG_20150307_221843.jpg

Back
Top Bottom