Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 2015

Re: Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 201

Are they all the same distance from the light? She looks like she got hot.

There are 2 others that are closer than she is. She is about 3 or 4 inches from touching the lights. I will back the lights off a bit just in case.

Re: Round 2 Fight! - Dinafem Blue Kush - CFL Veg / LED Flower - Soil Comparison - 201

how's that clone doing paka?? looked slightly unhappy,, the new growth good?? love those tents,, make great end tables,, every house needs two,, very stylish indeed. good luck with er pal,, ,, my 2bits,, can't get those cfl's close enough,, cheers paka

Hey Paka glad your back

I maintain my position. I think that you are leaving them under the dome too long and/or too humid. When a clone starts growing in 100% humidity and always wet, the new growth is pale and fragile and does not transition well to drier air.

Go to page one of this journal and look at all the pictures in order and you will see it happening.

how's that clone doing paka?? looked slightly unhappy,, the new growth good?? love those tents,, make great end tables,, every house needs two,, very stylish indeed. good luck with er pal,, ,, my 2bits,, can't get those cfl's close enough,, cheers paka

The new growth is doing better. I love these tents, they consume me. But it sucked when I flipped to 12/12 for the first time and was unable to hang out with my plant after hours. I had to get used to not visiting with her. Uploading some pics now.

Hey Paka glad your back

I maintain my position. I think that you are leaving them under the dome too long and/or too humid. When a clone starts growing in 100% humidity and always wet, the new growth is pale and fragile and does not transition well to drier air.

Go to page one of this journal and look at all the pictures in order and you will see it happening.

I think you are right. I tried to do a transition with leaving the dome vents open to dry things out, then mist them, then dry em a bit but I guess it wasnt enough. My area is so damn dry, it was around 10%-12% humidity in my grow room until I could add a humidifier into the clones tent. I am uploading some pics now so you can see its progress.

Mar 13, 2015

Thanks for the help guys.

Snapped these shots before heading off to work.

The first shot is the cheap local soil. She is growing like a beast in it. I topped her and supercropped her lower shoots. I will LST her top shoots over the weekend. Got a few spots on her lower leaves. backed off the epsom and any nutes and her new growth is nice and green.

The second shot is a family photo.

The third shot is the plant that was having major issues. Her topped shoot is stunted and barely any new growth is coming out of it but her lower shoots are pushing onward and upward. Leaves are still weird as hell but looks like they are getting better with new growth.

13075.jpg

21878.jpg

31648.jpg

ha, isn't that funny that one silly plant,, looks like an old timer, all wrinkled and stuff,, still growing, like you say,, so that's good,, it will be interesting to see if it ever grows out of that. i have seen non mj plants for my garden like that,, and they just seem never to rebound,, fully,, always second rate,, we will see with yours,, cheers paka,, nice plants indeed,,

ha, isn't that funny that one silly plant,, looks like an old timer, all wrinkled and stuff,, still growing, like you say,, so that's good,, it will be interesting to see if it ever grows out of that. i have seen non mj plants for my garden like that,, and they just seem never to rebound,, fully,, always second rate,, we will see with yours,, cheers paka,, nice plants indeed,,

lol old timer. i got that vibe from her too. shouldnt this really be based on environment only and wouldn't it eventually recover if the environment is corrected since its a clone of a healthy mother? i am still learning and will add this as another notch on my belt to things I have picked up along the way.

i dunno,, seems like some plants just get a 'bug',, not the creepy pesty kind,, the sickly puking kind,, and it just sticks. i am only going by my outdoor non mj gardening experience. but i have seen that look before,, it would be very interesting to know the 'exact' cause of such things,, oh well,, you have plenty o others there to enjoy,, beauty plants,, cheers paka

High humidity wrinkles and drops of water in the center of the shoot does that pale damage, we can see it happening, when you look at the last picture you can see that all 3 plants are affected to some extent, the one on the left has some wrinkled leaves also. Newest growth looks good.

Feb 11, 2015

IMG_20150211_171941.jpg

Feb 21,2015

IMG_20150221_121159.jpg

IMG_20150221_121457.jpg

31648.jpg

High humidity wrinkles and drops of water in the center of the shoot does that pale damage, we can see it happening, when you look at the last picture you can see that all 3 plants are affected to some extent, the one on the left has some wrinkled leaves also. Newest growth looks good.

Thank you for explaining this to me. How would I avoid this in the future when cloning? Just try to avoid misting the plants completely?

just speaking for my little inexperienced only one pittiful plant ever got to flower. self,,, self says he is a huge fan of the mister mister!!!! would not part with mine, or any three of mine, for anything, yet..I am adaptable.

I have three clones in a jar now, they may not live,, not sure why i even mention this, foggy head,, sick. aargh. I sprayed my real past clone attempts very liberally with my highly diluted urine spray,, and i found that provided the plant enough nutrition to keep it alive during the try and grow new roots stage. my success was marginal at best, but i will say this,, it is much more important what is going on on the bottom half of the clone than it is on the top. if your plants are continuously misted, Ok, not good,, but my reading tells me foliar feeding is very beneficial. but many different ways to do the same thing,, right???

very interesting point about the center paleness from pooling water. I see that,, great info alien, cheers paka,, spray on brother

Thank you for explaining this to me. How would I avoid this in the future when cloning? Just try to avoid misting the plants completely?

Too humid too long, you don't need to spray them under the dome, it helps though when they are wilted, obviously it can be counter productive especially when it 100% humidity, you can also just spray the inside of the dome to increase humidity if need be.

From what I gather you are keeping it as humid as possible in the dome all the time, spraying often and leaving the clones in there long enough that they are growing. The leaves that develop under these conditions are thinner and wider and very tender thus the wrinkling and they can even dry up and die when moved to drier air or strong light, the tips too.

Feel a wrinkled and a good one between your finger and thumb and you should feel the difference.

Next time you prune an actively growing shoot, carefully take the tip apart, observe and count the tiny future sets of leaves that are already formed. You'll see why the water damage is shaped that way and why so many leaves can be affected and also where the stretch comes from when they start flowering.

You can let drier air in the dome much earlier. FWIW I spray the clones when I take them and spray down the dome also and I never spray again and open the vent at 3-4 days at let the interior slowly dry out on its own.

Too humid too long, you don't need to spray them under the dome, it helps though when they are wilted, obviously it can be counter productive especially when it 100% humidity, you can also just spray the inside of the dome to increase humidity if need be. ~~~.

I love this forum because I can get really good advice from fellow growers. Thank you for your help on this.

Mar 16, 2015

She looks like she has pulled out of that weird phase and is growing beautifully now.

21881.jpg

A group shot after some supercropping. This strain LOVES supercropping and LST. Blows my mind.

13383.jpg

It's going to be a good time to start the one you will turn for pollen soon, no need letting it get to big, have you chosen one?

I have my 2 picked out. My 2 smallest ones. 1 male, 1 will be kept small and be female.

Should I keep the male in a separate enclosure or can I just remove it for the spraying and place it back into the veg tent with the others after its treatment?

You have to put it in flower to start spraying. You can keep it in your flower tent until male flowers appear, after that you can put it by a sunny window and stick it in a closet every evening, or a separate little flowering area just for him, then start flowering the female. Don't spray under direct light.

You have to put it in flower to start spraying. You can keep it in your flower tent until male flowers appear, after that you can put it by a sunny window and stick it in a closet every evening, or a separate little flowering area just for him, then start flowering the female. Don't spray under direct light.

I have picked out the male and pruned the hell out of it. Should I start the spraying now? How often would you recommend, once a day before night time or does it not matter?

Mar 27, 2015

I have my male picked out and I have put her / him into the flower tent to kick things off.

21895.jpg

13679.jpg

31661.jpg

Here are the females I will be flowering in my 2nd tent and the one female that will be pollinated to make feminized seeds.

41287.jpg

51014.jpg

6902.jpg

Back
Top Bottom