Round leaf strain - Test plant

Looking good! Just got caught up. My round leaf strain finally came out of a hard stretch early on. Hope you don't mind if I drop a picture.
420-magazine-mobile921003692.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking good! Just got caught up. My round leaf strain finally came out of a hard stretch early on. Hope you don't mind if I drop picture.

Don't mind at all.Thats a very healthy looking girl. Looks like your taking care of her.. What light you growing under?

Don't mind at all.Thats a very healthy looking girl. Looks like your taking care of her.. What light you growing under?

It didn't like the MH at 500w so I have it resting under a 125w CFL. Blue spectrum.

Had a unwelcome visit from a locust, it ate the viens from one of the larger leaves and some of the new growth. Will have to keep an eye on the little girl to avoid it doing further hard until I'm able to get some pyrethrum later in the day. Little bastards they are.

Will post new pic, not the best due to the damn bug but looking impressive none the less... think I need to pray to the plant gods having bad luck lately haha

I actually think the silica treatment has helped the plant immensely the leaves are pretty much untouched and I'm thinking is due to high silica levels.

A snipit from a study...
Background and Aims
Previous studies have shown that silica in grass leaves defends them against small herbivores, which avoid high-silica grasses and digest them less efficiently. This study tested the idea that silica can reduce digestibility by preventing the mechanical breakdown of chlorenchyma cells.

I actually think the silica treatment has helped the plant immensely the leaves are pretty much untouched and I'm thinking is due to high silica levels.

A snipit from a study...
Background and Aims
Previous studies have shown that silica in grass leaves defends them against small herbivores, which avoid high-silica grasses and digest them less efficiently. This study tested the idea that silica can reduce digestibility by preventing the mechanical breakdown of chlorenchyma cells.

That's interesting. I've been putting sturdy stalk ( silica supplement) in almost every res change. Doesn't seem to hurt anything.

I love that plant. Wish I could clone it and grown some of them too!! Looks so awesome. Cheers!

425Jesse - Grow 2 - A Journey With Super Silver Haze From Seed In Soil

Jolly Rancher Sativa - A Rookie Adventure Indoors

It is an amazing lot of genetics thats for sure. I love the look even more then Dutch Passion Ducksfoot strain I posted earlier.

I just can't seem to ever feed to much and cause nute burn. Plant litrally grows it's self just gave it some good soil and regular feeds and just takes off. And not sure if it's just luck but plant has also avoided white fly issues. Wheres plants nearby have them? Silica? Genetics? Or just luck.

Took a clone a week or so ago so I can continue this strain breeding program further as this was a very carefree plant accidently tugged cutting out and heard roots break. So I'm hoping it is able to recover. Will then make that clone a mother. Then may also self pollinate and make fem stealth seeds.

But I really want to preserve the genetics as stable and regular.

Back
Top Bottom