RVgrowers 1st Stealth Grow of Afghan Kush Ryder and Kannabia Special

RVG, you are correct that if you had the OC+ instead of the OC, you would not need to add any micro nutes.

Also, a couple more tips in the interest of possibly saving you some money...

I've seen a lot of growers use molassas (most recommend Blackstrap) for carbs, and I'm not so sure you're gonna need a cleaning/flushing agent.

The two times people need to flush is when there's nute burn or lockout (as a corrective measure) and pre-harvest to ensure clean taste & burn.

From what I hear, you will not get nute burn from OC+, so if you get lockout, it's going to be PH related and you'll just need to adjust your PH.

For final flush, you can flush with straight PH'd H2O, you just may need to flush a little longer than you would if you used a flushing agent.

You can use plain PH'd H2O for corrective flushes also, but again, just takes a little longer and time is less of a luxury when there's a problem. :)

RVG, you are correct that if you had the OC+ instead of the OC, you would not need to add any micro nutes.

Also, a couple more tips in the interest of possibly saving you some money...

I've seen a lot of growers use molassas (most recommend Blackstrap) for carbs, and I'm not so sure you're gonna need a cleaning/flushing agent.

The two times people need to flush is when there's nute burn or lockout (as a corrective measure) and pre-harvest to ensure clean taste & burn.

From what I hear, you will not get nute burn from OC+, so if you get lockout, it's going to be PH related and you'll just need to adjust your PH.

For final flush, you can flush with straight PH'd H2O, you just may need to flush a little longer than you would if you used a flushing agent.

You can use plain PH'd H2O for corrective flushes also, but again, just takes a little longer and time is less of a luxury when there's a problem. :)

Cool, thanks Mr. Krip....
I appreciate the info again. and I think I understand what you are saying there...that all makes sense....I mean, if I really can't burn them with OC+, then nute burn/ lockout wouldn't be a problem, but if I am going to supplement them with the Cal./Mag., and possibly some "sweet" or a molasses recipe or whatever then, will I still NOT need to worry about flushing? I guess it doesn't matter really, if I can flush them myself with PH'd water anyways...

So that's my plan...get the OC+ within the week I hope, then the Cal.Mag. and the PH test kit & Ph up & down...

The other stuff I was looking at can wait, as far as I can tell, don't you agree?

Much appreciated, as usual....:thanks:

Cool, thanks Mr. Krip....
I appreciate the info again. and I think I understand what you are saying there...that all makes sense....I mean, if I really can't burn them with OC+, then nute burn/ lockout wouldn't be a problem, but if I am going to supplement them with the Cal./Mag., and possibly some "sweet" or a molasses recipe or whatever then, will I still NOT need to worry about flushing? I guess it doesn't matter really, if I can flush them myself with PH'd water anyways...

So that's my plan...get the OC+ within the week I hope, then the Cal.Mag. and the PH test kit & Ph up & down...

The other stuff I was looking at can wait, as far as I can tell, don't you agree?

Much appreciated, as usual....:thanks:

I do agree! :thumb:

Just from going on what I have read in Doc and Blues journals' there is no need to flush with the OC+, because you will not have all the salt build up if I read correctly.

Hey PB,
Thanks for confirming that....I am trying to soak up so much info...but I SO love it! It's like my plants are my LIFE right now! I think about them 24/7, am jotting down notes when I get a great idea or find a piece of good info I was looking for...Now I can't pass a lighting section in a store or even light bulbs at the grocery store without checking out the Lumens, watts, etc....
Like I think I mentioned before....I have learned to slow down with this process, especially in the beginning when they are the most vulnerable, the most difficult time I think is the germination & sprouting....everything else I am fine with, am even looking forward to the rest of this process...the training, the cloning, the feeding, all of it.......I just love it!

I guess the suits are right....marijuana IS addictive! lol! well, at least the GROWING part is! lol!

Best wishes to you on your grow as well my friend!

Please tell me I am NOT the only person here who has fallen asleep during a late night/ early morning session on the computer here, uploading pics and making a journal entry, only to wake a few hours later, & find that your "session expired" or whatever, and everything you had so painstakingly wrote and uploaded was gone! OOOOOHHHH! I HATE it when I fall asleep like that! Now I gotta wait and just post later today...I had new pics, but I will have even MORE, current, new pics, so I will just wait till later and post then, when i will have more pics to post then anyways....

Darn it all! oh well, time for a "break".....Be back later!:tokin:

Wow! Cool pix and a very nice looking AKR you've got going there! Yeah, I am so thankful for the pix! At what day of growing are you at at this point? And also, you say yours sprouted so quick and easy, PLEASE! I beg of you to tell me, what technique are you using to germinate your seeds? I can get them to crack, & even had tap roots a 1/4th an inch long or so on the AKR I had and the Kannabia Special that I got as a freebie when I got my seeds thru WOS myself...After 15 days I just saw the seeds rotting it seemed, and I checked & they had rotted sprout "embryos" or whatever it's called when it's still in the partially opened husk...I guess I kept the soil too wet, I never "watered" tho, just misted the soil when it got dry everyday...but that was "seedling" soil mix, 50/50 spaghnum peat moss & vermiculite, ( with a dash of lime as a "wetting agent" the package said....) at first & I didn't get them transplanted into my "Hempy soil cups" that I learned about from BlueDog...they work fantastic for him! He had cups packed FULL of thick, healthy, white roots after just one week in those cups!!!! That's what I am trying so hard to do! I just don't know what piece of the puzzle I am missing, since this is my 1st serious try at a real grow indoors in 25 plus years....I can throw the one's I think are crap out the door & into the driveway gravel, or stick some down into the Pothos houseplant's pot and it doesn't even get watered a lot, & the dang things end up sprouting all the TIME when I don't want them to!!! I appreciate any ideas and info, and thanks for stopping by to check out my grow...yeah, I NEED this AKR for the medicinal values, I am coming off narcotic pills after 5 years and 6 surgeries...I HAVE to have this medicine, and I'm tired of taking my chances with people and products I have no idea about! I WANT to be the one to raise it, love it, take care of it, and then harvest it and let it nourish me and heal me and come full circle.... WE already gro our other veggies and herbs as much as we can, so I especially want to grow THIS! Besides, I don't drive so I can't always go to the dispensary, if they even had one around here, to get what I need for the whole month, and then, I can't afford their prices! I am on a small monthly income, and don't even make my share of the bills and food as it is because of the herbal medicine costs....I need to and have the right to, grow my own and I am going to get this right some how, some way.......thanks so much, and "Nice to meet you, Growing247"!

I too am a medical marijuana patient and am trying to cut down on the prescription pain killers so I totally understand how you feel. The least painful way to do it is however many pills you are taking daily, decrease it by 1 a month. The Dr. who gave me my medical marijuana prescription recommended that.

As far as sprouting seeds I can tell you what I do to sprout seeds that works very well. I just sprouted 12 seeds with this method so I know it works. First of all, get a clean glass and fill it up with distilled water. I used water from my dehumidifier. Soak your seeds in distilled water for 24-72 hours or until they produce a small tap root. Next, fill up some Dixie Cups with FOX FARM LIGHT WARRIOR. This is very important because if you use Fox Farm Ocean Forrest it will kill your seeds. It is way too strong and I have literally wasted like 100 bucks worth of seeds 1 time trying to sprout them in FFOF. Just don't do it. Get the LIGHT WARRIOR and your germination success rate will go way up. Poke some holes in a Dixie Cup, fill it up with LIGHT WARRIOR and get the soil nice and moist and make a 2mm hole and place the seed in it root down. Now, I'm not sure if you have a small heating pad but I do and what I did was put the Dixie Cups inside my clone dome and put the heating pad underneath on low. I put a couple inches of water in the clone dome to conduct the heat. When sprouting seeds you want it to be like a tropical rain forest basically but not too hot or the seeds will rot or get stunted. So basically you keep your clone dome at around 75, with a thermometer, and a CFL light on top 24-0 and after about a week or so you should have sprouts. I know this sounds like information overload but I have tried a lot of different methods and this is the only method I have found that works for me.

If you are having bad luck with seeds any medical marijuana dispensary worth anything should sell clones for around 5-20 bucks. When buying clones from a dispensary you have to be careful though. Make sure to use a nontoxic pest control agent like AZAMAX to soak the soil when you get them home because mites like to hitch a ride home with clones. Growing from clones is a lot easier because someone already went through the trouble of rooting the plant for you. You also know what you are getting more or less.

With my AKR plant I just harvested it yesterday. The tag says 1/22. It grew to about 24" in height. Very large for an auto flowering variety. So, about 85 days more or less. However, I'm sure it would have grown a lot faster had I given it 24-0 light the whole way through. I had it on 24-0 until it started budding and moved it to the flowering room to make room for more clones and seedlings. I had it on 12/12 lighting schedule for about 50 days. I also am growing the non auto flower variety of Afghan Kush from WoS. The feminized WoS Afghan Kush (non ryder) is one of the best yielding plants I have ever seen. I am growing 2 of those right now and they are absolutely massive with stinky, rock hard buds from top to bottom. I am forever a fan of WoS gear from now on. Really wish I saved a clone or two of the Afghan Kush because the top bud is bigger around than my arm and like 12" long and solid as a rock.

Thanks Growing247!
Well, now I know what my next WoS purchase i going to include for sure! I haven't seen a top bud as big as a banana since about 1984....waaaaaayyyyyy too long ago....congrats on your AKR harvest and congrats on the Afghan Kush harvest as well! And since this post of mine to you, I have done a LOT of learning on germination! lol! Yeah, I have 12 plants up and going well now...the only problem, is that they are all bag seed plants....no clue on the genetics, except I will say I can bet the medicine came from south of the border originally, and it's never in good shape when I get it, not to mention it isn't a very good medicine at all. It barely works for me, but it's better than nothing...beggars can't be choosers...that's why I am now a MMJ patient and going to grow my own. No dispensary around here yet, but I am okay with growing my own, no that I can germinate seeds! lol! I am worried about 1 little girl tho...I have 11 bag seed plants started, and I just got my Northern Lights#5 x Skunk#1 fem seeds in last Wed. I think...soaked them immediately, for 25hrs, then I did water drip on the seeds for another 25 or 26 hrs....(another little trick I learned lately that really works for me, personally..)

And I have never heard that FFOF was too "hot" or whatever for seedlings before....I mean, I believe that you heard that, but I have also heard other guys SWEAR that they use FFOF ONLY and start their seeds right in the stuff! (My germination/ seedling mix is 3/4 perlite, less than 1/4 FFOF) So I guess it just depends on how our own particular experiences affect us, and then we each find our own way of doing things...

But thanks for relating your experiences to me, I really appreciate it! It still helps me and others too when we all work together...

Okay, here's my pics!!!

First is my seed stock...
The "AFghan Kush Ryder"- (2) seeds to use still, both FEM AUTO's...
afghan_kush_ryder.jpg

The "Emerald Jack", a FEM, and a cross between A Jack Herrer and an Emerald OG...
emerald_jack.jpg

And my "Grapefruit Krush", a FEM, a cross between Grapefruit and Bubba...
grapefruit_krush.jpg

I also have a "Super Sour OG", a FEM, and a very interesting cross between Blueberry x (Sour Diesel x OG Kush) x Lost Ghost OG
super_sour_og.jpg

I also have a "Syrup" FEM AUTO, from U.F.O. Buddha Seeds, I will probably grow this one with the (2) Afghan Kush Ryders...
syrup_seed1.jpg

I have a package of (1) more "Northern Lights#5 x Skunk#1 seed, that I forgot to upload the picture of their package, so oh well, (I am trying to grow 2 of those now, 1 has sprouted, the other I am waiting for it to sprout).

I also have about 30 bag seeds, of questionable quality to say the least. Of course, fresh top buds of my own grow are going to be a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than the dried out, hard packed, "medicine" I have to take, because it's all that's available to me right now. But I DO have 10 bag seed babies growing right now...Waiting to see how many turn out to be female...probably 3-6 I'm guessing...We will see soon....

SOooooo, Here's the grow as of TODAY, APRIL 18TH, 2011!
These were put into their own separate cups right after the pics were taken. Bag seed seedlings, 8 days old...
3_more_3rd_gen_bag_babies_8_days_old_4_17_11.jpg

Another bag seed seedling, and they are all from my "3rd germination".....
4th_seedling_from_3rd_germination_4_17_11.jpg

And the rest of the bag seed seedlings from the 3rd germination round....they were also split up into their own hemp cups after I took the pics...
un_named_seedlings_from_3rd_germination_about_8_days_from_planting_seed_.jpg

A pic of the grow yesterday am..
my_grow_on_apr_17_11.jpg

A pic of the grow at night after lights off, just this am, 0130hrs, on 4-18-11...
nursery_at_night_130am_4_18_11.jpg

A side view of "Stumpy" to show her growing nodes!
stumpy_side_view_4_17_11.jpg

A top view of "Shorty"...
shorty_on_4_17_11.jpg

A top view of "Waldo"...
waldo_4_17_aw1.jpg

A side view of "Root-y", trying to show nodes...
rootys_side_view_4_17_11.jpg

A side view of "Waldo", to see her nodes...
waldos_side_view_4_17_11.jpg

A side view of "Shorty", she is short, but still has as many leaf sets, or nodes as the other plants do, just more tightly packed together!
shortys_side_view_on_4_17_11.jpg

A top view of "Stumpy", showing its lush, fat, green leaves....
stumpy_3_half_in_wide_on_4_171.jpg

And a side view of Stumpy....I think they are all looking very good...
stumpy_side_view_4_17_111.jpg

AND NOW! A PIC OF THEIR NEW BABY SISTER, NOR.LITES X SKUNK, SPROUTED JUST YESTERDAY, 4-17-right after I got the husk off:thedoubletake:
my_1st_N_lites_x_skunk_baby_to_sprout_on_4_17_11.jpg

Here it is at 12 hrs old...
1st_NLxSk_seedling_to_sprout_on_4_17_11.jpg

Here it is at 24 hrs old, and you can even see the dark green lil' teeny tiny 1st leaves coming in in the center of the Cotyledon.
tiny_new_NL_x_SK_seedling_24_hrs_old_on_4_17_11.jpg

So at this point, I am just waiting for the bag seeds to get big enough to tell which are girls and which are boys.....And I am waiting, with KNOTS in my stomach! for the other "N. Lites x Skunk" seed to sprout! The 1st one sprouted after only 72 hrs in the cup, and 25 hrs of a water drip, AFTER another 25 hrs of initial soaking in PHd water w/ "Superthrive" in it...They went thru all that together, and had both split at the seam and showed a teensy tiny tap root starting at the bottom tip, so I put them in the cups, just like I had done with success with all my dozens and dozens of veggie sprouts and the other 11 MJ sprouts.....Sooooo I am hoping that the fact that it got pushed down a little bit too deep and wasn't able to sprout on time on its own because of that, and I think it happened during the watering I did after planting...I always mist the soil, and watered the bottom res, but I accidentally squirted some water down in the center, and I think that's when it must have pushed that seed down a bit too deep. But I caught it not even 3 days after it happened, and I got all the dirt off the seed, and just dropped a few bits of soil mix back onto the seed husk after it dried out under the lights for a while....it looked very wet when I first uncovered it, and I still painfully remember the loss of my 1st (2) MMJ seeds by me leaving them in conditions like that! So anyways, the seed is back under a piece of saran wrap on the cup now, as a humidity dome, so the seed husk wouldn't dry out TOO much and still be able to be pushed off the Cotyledon after it matures...
So, now I have 12 plants under just 104 watts of 6500k CFLs in 8" round reflectors right now. But I DID get the wood cut today for the CFL hood I am making, so the whole hood might be up and running as soon as tomorrow nigh!then I will have all that I just listed, plus 110 watts of 2700K in (2) giant CFL bulbs, so I will have a total of over 215 watts and 10,000lumens of mixed spectrum lighting in 1 CFL hood! I can't wait! It's 2 ft wide, by about 14-16 inches deep, and only about 4-6 inches thick, and will have a chain for hanging it. It should be enough for the 4 plants I was planning on raising to full maturity, if possible.
Okay, that's all for now...I missed uploading a few pics, so I will do that tonight...I hope you all think that the growth I have from these bag seed plants is really good so far. Doesn't look like they are suffering or sick in any way, so I am happy about that!

HAPPY 420 TO ALL OF YOU AT 420 MAG THAT MAKE THIS WEBSITE POSSIBLE FOR THOSE OF US ACTIVE MEMBERS THAT ARE HERE TO REALLY LEARN AND GIVE BACK TO OTHERS. MARIJUANA IS A CURE FOR CANCER! IT'S TIME TO DECRIMINALIZE NATURES ONLY PERFECT MEDICINE!!!

AND HAPPY 420 TO ALL MY "BUDS" ON HERE THAT HAVE BEEN SO GOOD TO THIS OL' LADY! YOU GUYS ALL ROCK, THANKS SO VERY MUCH!

I should be back on tomorrow, but just thought I'd say HAPPY 420 early just ow, in case I don't see any of you on here on 420.....I will be here...no rally or anything like that near me, I live in rural area of southwest....coyotes and cactus are my neighbors...

Oh, and one more thing...Since I am NOT growing any Afghan Kush Ryder & Kannabia Special anymore, and am starting a completely new grow with new seeds, equip. and such, I need to start a new journal and just figure out how to "attach" a link back to this one, plus I want to add links to a few other things at the bottom of my pages with my signatures....is their some place on here to learn how to do that? I have been looking for the instructions link on this and can't find the appropriate one...or can someone just tell me how to do it, if you don't mind?

Thanks, and please give me some feedback on my grow, I love to hear from all you guys, and you all really help me work out some ideas and such with your feedback...

I think if you go back a few pages and look at pics from just 7-10 days ago, you can really see the EXPLOSION of growth! And when I transplanted the 4 bag seed babies that were sharing a cup today....both cups of seedlings had their roots all the way into the pure perlite in the bottom half of the cup...they were healthy, thick, long, and white!

Peace and Bright Blessings to you all my brothers and sisters....:peacetwo:

So at this point, I am just waiting for the bag seeds to get big enough to tell which are girls and which are boys.....And I am waiting, with KNOTS in my stomach! for the other "N. Lites x Skunk" seed to sprout!

How are you going to tell just cause a plant is bigger or branchy dont make it a female? Are you going to turn them to 12/12 for a week or so to see the sex then turn them back? thats the only way to tell
:popcorn:

Happy 420 RVG. Coming along great! Here's info on how to put your journal link in your signature:

How to Add Links to Signatures

Thanks for doing that for me, Mr. Krip, I totally appreciate that, and I know now that I read that when I was doing all the reading on here about the rules and directions for using the site and such, right before I started actually posting, back around Jan or Feb I bet...anyways, I read the directions, and I understand it as written, but they don't say how I am supposed to link my current thread, which I am about to end, and also I need to know how do I get it into the "Completed Journals" file? Because I think I'd call it finished, even tho I didn't grow what I started to grow, I LEARNED how to germinate, set up a better system, and all that in an RV! And also, my big news is that we are moving into a 1 bedroom apt. that they had available here at the RV park by chance, and we can store the RV here and rent the apt. and the utilities are paid, for a little more than the RV spot and utilities there were here already...So now it will be 2 or maybe 3 new strains, and in a closet now instead of the RV, that's why I want to close the chapter so to say, and the thread, literally, because the grow is going into a closet now. But I think I learned a lot about the great possibilities of growing in an RV now, and I can tie up the end of the journal you now? And explain all my mistakes and also my learning experiences with you guys, so others can set up a grow in an RV, but I think I should start a new thread now that it's all changing, don't you?
What do you think I should do under the circumstances?
Thats why I have to link my current thread back to my new journal (not started yet), and then get it into the completed journals section I think, a least I want it to go there, don't you think it should?

Thanks for ur continued support Mr. K! You rock... :headbanger:

How are you going to tell just cause a plant is bigger or branchy dont make it a female? Are you going to turn them to 12/12 for a week or so to see the sex then turn them back? thats the only way to tell
:popcorn:

Well, from all I have learned so far, the plants usually do need to go into flower to know their sex, but I've seen them show it sooner...and flowering is only about 3-4 weeks into veg for the strain I am growing...o course, the longer the better, but I'm just saying, it isn't that long, and as SOON as I see any ball sacks, flowers down in there where the ballsacks are at the point where the branch/ leaf, comes off of the main stalk I guess is how I'd explain it, and it seems that females show the long, skinny, pistils that stick up and out, near the calyxes, but on the limb/ leaf like behind them or below them- the calyxes I'm saying. And the flowers on a female show up at the tops of the leaves, in the clusters of little new tops and where those calyxes are...male flowers are like mostly down below, and all around too, but I can just see the difference...and it will show in a subtle way at first, so if I check them daily with my scope, I think I can figure out if there are any dudes in the bunch! lol! And then they get yanked...no need for collecting these low-caliber seeds....or pollen...I'm a nub so I am not even close to ready to learning pollination techniques...

Anyhow, I guess that's it....If I can't tell, I will take pics, well, I will be taking pics anyways, so i am sure that with the help of all of you guys, I will see which ones are females and which are males as soon as I possibly can!

Thanks for doing that for me, Mr. Krip, I totally appreciate that, and I know now that I read that when I was doing all the reading on here about the rules and directions for using the site and such, right before I started actually posting, back around Jan or Feb I bet...anyways, I read the directions, and I understand it as written, but they don't say how I am supposed to link my current thread, which I am about to end, and also I need to know how do I get it into the "Completed Journals" file? Because I think I'd call it finished, even tho I didn't grow what I started to grow, I LEARNED how to germinate, set up a better system, and all that in an RV! And also, my big news is that we are moving into a 1 bedroom apt. that they had available here at the RV park by chance, and we can store the RV here and rent the apt. and the utilities are paid, for a little more than the RV spot and utilities there were here already...So now it will be 2 or maybe 3 new strains, and in a closet now instead of the RV, that's why I want to close the chapter so to say, and the thread, literally, because the grow is going into a closet now. But I think I learned a lot about the great possibilities of growing in an RV now, and I can tie up the end of the journal you now? And explain all my mistakes and also my learning experiences with you guys, so others can set up a grow in an RV, but I think I should start a new thread now that it's all changing, don't you?
What do you think I should do under the circumstances?
Thats why I have to link my current thread back to my new journal (not started yet), and then get it into the completed journals section I think, a least I want it to go there, don't you think it should?

Thanks for ur continued support Mr. K! You rock... :headbanger:

RVG, I think it's fine to start another journal. Then, you can put all the troubles behind you and "start from scratch" with all your new experience.

To link to ANY journal (including your current one), just copy the URL from the address bar on the page you want to link to (i.e. first page of your journal), then past it into the "URL box" when you click the "Insert Link" button when editing your signature.

RVG, I think it's fine to start another journal. Then, you can put all the troubles behind you and "start from scratch" with all your new experience.

To link to ANY journal (including your current one), just copy the URL from the address bar on the page you want to link to (i.e. first page of your journal), then past it into the "URL box" when you click the "Insert Link" button when editing your signature.

OOOOOOOOHHHhhhhhh!!!!! I get that now! that makes total sense...I thought it had to do with an address of sorts, but I didn't know how to get the "right" address to go straight to my journal. okay, thanks again for that....

And do you know how I officially "close" a journal, and get it into the "completed journals" place? or do I not need to worry about it? How did you do it, if you even did that at all?

OOOOOOOOHHHhhhhhh!!!!! I get that now! that makes total sense...I thought it had to do with an address of sorts, but I didn't know how to get the "right" address to go straight to my journal. okay, thanks again for that....

And do you know how I officially "close" a journal, and get it into the "completed journals" place? or do I not need to worry about it? How did you do it, if you even did that at all?

Just put up a post that the journal is now closed and you've started a new journal with a link to the new journal.

The moderators will see it and move the journal to the closed journals.

Good news! I pulled the husk off the second N. Lites x Skunk baby before it rotted inside...It accidentally got pushed down too deep in the soil and wasn't able to fully sprout & so from my awful experiences in the beginning of my indoor growing adventures, I found that any seed that isn't sprouted with in a few days after cracking open in a water soak for a day or 2, so I got it off, and then gently covered it with a bit of loose soil to keep the tender almost white immature cotyledon a chance to continue to mature and turn green, then finally open in a day or 2 I hope, then I KNOW it should be okay, and will grow to maturity.
Soooo, I'm praying for my lil' seedling right now, hoping the lil' girl will pull through, and be as healthy as her bigger sister already is...

I will keep you posted...

Back
Top Bottom