SanibelGreen's LED/Bubbletronics Grow (1st)

SanibelGreen

Well alright jumping head first into this grow which will hopefully come out successful from the learning and growing aspects. All I know until this point is thanks to this community, and without it this grow would not be possible.

So after reading and asking questions for months at a time I feel comfortable enough to take this on. I'll start with my bucket choice, Bubbletronics no brainer to me at least has everything I could want and more. Lighting wise I decided to go out on a edge and do LED's I know they seem to be frowned upon but I have faith. so I have 2 UFO's which a buddy of my let me buy them new since he changed his mind and wanted to go HPS. I also stumbled upon a entire cache of LED lights at my local hydro store which he gave me in return for info on the LED's and how they do growing, those lights we will see in the flowering phase since they are all red.

The room itself is a closet which is 6x2. I added Mylar 2 mil all the way around the closet, even on the inside of the slider doors for the closet itself. I have added numerous outlets and little accessories all over. So after I finally get everything together from Digital PH tester to chain link for hanging the lights I am thinking I am ready.

So I go into this grow feeling pretty confident in my LED's and Tubs, looking for any input into this, so be easy on me and enjoy.

SG

Had just gotten lights and hung them up. Still lots of work to do.

Start_Lights.JPG

With lights on.

Startlightson.JPG

Setup as is now. You are asking yourself, "What is that plant?" Answer, a gift from a friend, four week old Blue Cheese clone which I am open to ideas about, I might just veg it with the others, and yes I know it will get big.

setup35.JPG

Front shot of the left door open, getting another one of those fans tommorrow.

Frontshot.JPG

Side view from left side into the closet, reflector contains a nice all Blue LED light, that was in the goods my buddy from the hydro store gave me. I love my Mylar :)

Side_shot5.JPG

Plant level side view from left side of closet.

plantside.JPG

View of some of the plugs, hygrometer,etc. If you are looking at the temp I understand, I am looking for cooling solvers, i will be getting another one of the fans tommorrow. We will see what happens

electric1.JPG

A view inside each tank.

inside21.JPG

inside11.JPG

Closet how it is now.

Currentcloset.JPG

Water Ph for left tank was 6.0, right tank started with 5.9. Water temp is lovely also.

As for what is being grown...All feminized Snow White and Wonder Woman.

Seeds were germanited using the soak in cup method all popped promptly and were put in the cubes.

Also some other things. I will be using SH Nutes for this one and be using ONA Pro Linen Gel, stuff is amazing.

And Lastly thank you Roseman and C5Rftw, following your threads helped me be able to do this.

This system looks like it would work well for me but I was wondering how much noise it makes.
It has a couple of pumps and lots of dripping?
I have to keep the noise down in my situation.
I appreciate any info.

This system looks like it would work well for me but I was wondering how much noise it makes.
It has a couple of pumps and lots of dripping?
I have to keep the noise down in my situation.
I appreciate any info.

The fan I bought from target was a noise reduction fan in the first place so you dont even hear that. The loudest noise I hear is the air pump, door closed it sound like I just left my computer on. every now and again you hear some mylar being blown but not much mostly just air and water pump.The UFO's sound like a computer running with fans so the noise is low. All of it actually sounds like my brothers aquarium on a lower scale. Hope this helps.

SG

Alright here are some new pics, this is Day 4 of Veg.

VegDay4_03.JPG

VegDay4_04.JPG

VegDay4_07.JPG

VegDay4_08.JPG

Overhead shot.
VegDay4_09.JPG

VegDay4_10.JPG

Temp Lately
VegDay4_06.JPG

The clone is doing well and is growing dense with layers of leaves on top already and shows some good signs already.
VegDay4_05.JPG

There is an update, any questions or thoughts let me know!

Looks like you have everything under control! Things are starting to pop! Looking good.

Thanks man been working hard at it question the my tub ph rises like .2 to .3 a day it seems I have been introducing lower ph wate to help level it ok is this right or what is the right way?

Sg

thats exactly the right way to do it sanibel. a .2-.3 rise a day is normal and good because it allows for diff nute intake at diff ph levels

Thanks man been working hard at it question the my tub ph rises like .2 to .3 a day it seems I have been introducing lower ph wate to help level it ok is this right or what is the right way?

Sg

Just add some ph'd water.

Your doing great! When nutes are low or non-existent then the ph can fluctuate. When there are more nutes the ph tends to move less. It's just a natural thing with plants eating the nutes, and changing the water chemistry on a daily if not hourly time frame.

This plant is EXTREMELY HARDY and it will SURVIVE in the worst of conditions and THRIVE in the best of conditions.

Your doing great SanibelGreen!!!! Everything is looking good. The slime is a minor issue, just keep rinsing real good, and peroxide if you choose. I'm about to try that (peroxide) as I just fired up some BP systems and they seem to have some residual crud. So I've been flushing and rinsing, and it has been helping. Some of the crud is the hydroton as it breaks down over time and new stuff is really dusty/dirty. So if no nutes do a daily flush and the slime will lose.

Welcome aboard Sanibel, great looking set up as well. Will definitely be watching this led/bubble grow as i am using led in my grow also.
Anyhow, you definitely will be in good hands here. Welcome ;)

Just add some ph'd water.

Your doing great! When nutes are low or non-existent then the ph can fluctuate. When there are more nutes the ph tends to move less. It's just a natural thing with plants eating the nutes, and changing the water chemistry on a daily if not hourly time frame.

This plant is EXTREMELY HARDY and it will SURVIVE in the worst of conditions and THRIVE in the best of conditions.

Your doing great SanibelGreen!!!! Everything is looking good. The slime is a minor issue, just keep rinsing real good, and peroxide if you choose. I'm about to try that (peroxide) as I just fired up some BP systems and they seem to have some residual crud. So I've been flushing and rinsing, and it has been helping. Some of the crud is the hydroton as it breaks down over time and new stuff is really dusty/dirty. So if no nutes do a daily flush and the slime will lose.

I have slime? I know I need peroxide in but I thought that was when nutes start, should I start now? No visible roots yet through baskets.

SG

Back
Top Bottom