Blazingbuds' CFL & LED Soil Grow - Unknown Strain

Pictures!! Wanted to show you how the sidebranch buds are forming a long cola on the top. Also, increased trichome production. I also believe I have identified 2 phenotypes. One pheno is super sugary hashy leaves surrounding buds. The other pheno has little sugar leaf, but noticabley more tichs on the buds! interesting! Can you spot the difference?? Enjoy.
20151117_142601.jpg
20151117_142457.jpg
20151117_142435.jpg
20151117_142347.jpg
20151117_142200.jpg
20151117_142124.jpg
20151117_141920.jpg

I also lowered the CFL's so that they are resting on the SCROG. I'd say 70% of their weight is being held by the cord, while the other 30 is resting on the metal, should be fine. It gives me MUCHHHH better use of the CFLs.

Thanks Mello!

They had no nutrients during veg. During flower, they have only had Flora Nova; currently I have it at 3/4 tsp./Gal. strength. I give it every time I water my plants, and they seem to love it. No signs of burn of clawing. My theory is that its more beneficial to give nutes constantly, but at a lower concentration, rather than higher concentrations, but days apart. I'm sure there's strains that wouldn't like this, and its my first time. Just my two cents.

So yesterday we had a power outage, Im not sure how long the lights were off for, I came home from work and noticed it. Pulled all the plants out and put them in sunlight to keep them alive. I know plants flower due to hormones.

This morning, I realized that wouldve stalled my timer too. So the plants have had an acid trip of a lighting schedule. Reallly pisses me off. What do you guys think? are they gonna start shooting nanners and the like?

Thanks again guys:Namaste:

I also bumped up the nutrient concentration to 1 Tsp/Gal. They have yet to show stress, and I fed them some of that yesterday. I feel like growth is going to stop from here on out. Im just assuming the worst. One plant has a really big visible seed inside the bud. They are looking good, but should I start thinking about pulling them? I'll probably leave them a few days see if they mature anymore, or if they are stopping growth... really dissapointing

I'm also going to start a new journal for my young seedlings. They have made great progress. They are only 9 days old. At first they were rooted with an 18W CFL for a day.( 2700K, putting out 900 Lumen.) Then they went into the new veg box under 2 18W CFLs.(6500K, 1200 Lumen a piece) Ill post an update later with a photo in here for you guys, then you head over to the new thread if you are interested. :Namaste:

So I pulled that bud off with the seed protruding. It turned out it was a mature seed. Anyway, breaking apart the bud, I realized that almost all of the calyxs are hollow, and have small seeds in them. So about to chop this plant. This one hasnt looked good for a bit.

So I think a couple of my plants are hermies... This seed is probably feminized.

Feminized seed is made from a natural born female being stressed to the point it becomes a hermaphrodite. Then, this female with nuts has its pollen crossed back to another plant of the same strain. The resulting cross lacks the male chromosome and the seed has high chance of being female. At least this is how I understand it?
maybe the hermie trait is coming out?

Anyhow, my camera is charging, then ill post of pic of the suspected "male organs"

Ill remove them early, so hopefully it will not pollinate.
I want sinsemilla
:bongrip:

Yeay thats a way they used to make female seeds but alsow the worst way...
You could also use chems to pollonate a female to make fem seeds i beleve it was silversulfate... You could buy this stuff at a photograpie store used for developing a photo...

But seeds from weed is always a guis at how it was created. Couse in some grows with regulare seeds you could have a plant to hermie just couse of the lack off a male plant so one will chance and pollonate some parts and in bad cases everithing ending up with seeds in weed

So I kept up 3 of the 4 plants. The First plant I pulled was actually okay. It wasn't loaded with seeds. It had a couple buds with immature seeds. One bud had a mature seed. The rest was really good, especially considering I usually dab oil/wax; flowers alone rarely do it for me.
The wet weight was 19.7 and dry weight was 6.5 G's off of the very sickly plant. I went to my Parents house for a few days and had to leave my plants alone. I opened the door this morning, and this cola was leaning so far over it was about an inch from the dirt. So I staked her up; they have really been packing on the weight. Im considering today the first day of flush. Im just gonna give them straight water for next 10 days.

Smoke Report OG

Although my noobie cure leaves much to be desired, this smoke will knock you out. A great relaxing smoke in a joint, or very narcotic through a bong, especially with its own kief on top! It makes you veryyyy lazy, but still has a very pronounced head effect. And Oh my do you feel it the next morning, that hazy after high. Expect that for a couple hours after you wake up. Once its ground up, it smells like some real good diesel kush. For any of you who had deadhead OG, it smells and tastes like that. I think that is what it is. I was only told it was "OG"

Very nice youngsters going there Blazingbuds. I'd suggest finishing all remaining plants but keep eye on the nanners. Your crop may have some seeds that are nuisance but will not really lose potency. More important....try to ID stress factors during the grow causing the hermies to avoid next time. Deadhead OG is a very up strain from the Chemdog side. Should not be narcotic. Probably another strain or you let it go too many days. The lingering cloudiness next day makes me think often due to synthetics. Organic herb will rarely if ever do that. Wears off totaling clean & clear. But many like the dragged out tail end so up to your own preference. Good gardening & keep up the good work brother.
:Namaste:

Very nice youngsters going there Blazingbuds. I'd suggest finishing all remaining plants but keep eye on the nanners. Your crop may have some seeds that are nuisance but will not really lose potency. More important....try to ID stress factors during the grow causing the hermies to avoid next time. Deadhead OG is a very up strain from the Chemdog side. Should not be narcotic. Probably another strain or you let it go too many days. The lingering cloudiness next day makes me think often due to synthetics. Organic herb will rarely if ever do that. Wears off totaling clean & clear. But many like the dragged out tail end so up to your own preference. Good gardening & keep up the good work brother.
:Namaste:

Thanks Brightlight, very informative post! I recently had a cut of deadhead OG that was 60% Sativa. Around here though, I will see for example; skywalker OG indica dominant and then at the very same shop, a sativa cut of skywalker OG. I dont know if they are just saying that, but its usually pretty accurate.
Also, I havent seen any nanners. Only nine more days to go!

A quarter O off of a sick plant. Game in my book. Good job bro, what are you expecting from the rest of the bunch?

Im so happy with that quarter, especially on my first grow. It came down at the right time. Couple days after I chopped it, I realized I wouldnt have any extra cash for anything including MMJ, so its gotten me through these few days, with a little to spare still. Ill post pics if I can get my pictures to post. I had a photoshoot day before thanksgiving, and cant get the pics up.

Back
Top Bottom