SciFi's Durban-X, Experimental Bubble Lab 2010

So I left for 10 days. I topped up everything with lucas standard, and left.

I'll post the before and after pics, but HOLY SHIT!

scifi-3010-1.jpg

This clone is now 24" tall. It grew about an inch per day for the past 10 days.

scifi-3010-2.jpg

This is the sideways female. Everything got so crowded that I had to rearrange
it all. You're looking at the underleaves until phototropism move the branches
back toward the light.

scifi-3010-3.jpg

The sideways female's trunk.

scifi-3010-4.jpg

The upright female's trunk. She grew to 3 feet tall as her apex while I was gone.

scifi-3010-5.jpg

Her she is at 3 feet.. Woops, forgot to rotate it. Lots of flower sites.

scifi-3010-6.jpg

Here is the 2nd plant. It went Veg, Flower, back to veg (her clones are in
the veg tubs now), and now to flower again. She is two feet from stem to where
the main tips starts to turn up again. Each side branch is now 2 feet to 1 foot,
reaching upward now.

scifi-3010-7.jpg

The double flowered plant's mutant 3 leafs with the newly formed flowers.

scifi-3010-8.jpg

Flowers!
scifi-3010-9.jpg

scifi-3010-10.jpg

scifi-3010-11.jpg

It'll perk up again, in a day or so once it realigns itself in it's space. I'm
really thinking about putting a scrog net over it, to give it some more control,
since it has stretched so much in the past 10 days.
scifi-3010-12.jpg

The littler clone from the sideways female in the flowering.. She's about 18"s
and grew about .8"s per day for the last 10 days.

scifi-3010-13.jpg

The trio.
scifi-3010-14.jpg

Another angle.. Stupid lights.
scifi-3010-15.jpg

Here's another shot of the reflowered mother.
scifi-3010-16.jpg

A better shot of her mutant leaves.. This branch went from 1-3-5-3-1 leaves from
reveg/reflowering.
scifi-3010-17.jpg

Flowers..
scifi-3010-18.jpg

Another angle where the light sucked..
scifi-3010-19.jpg

Tools of the trade. I got the tds pen for $3 at Walgreens on clearance.
scifi-3010-20.jpg

The reflower clone. It's progress better in the past 10 days, and grew around
10"s, It's back to 5 leaves now.
scifi-3010-21.jpg

This poor bastard won't revert back to 5 leaves to save it's life.. I think
it's going to get chopped in the next culling.
scifi-3010-22.jpg

The littler clones from the first mother are now around 8"s.. Rather poor
growth still.
scifi-3010-23.jpg

One of the CO2 enriched clones that I took around 12 days ago. OMFG they got
bigger and rooted while I was gone!
scifi-3010-24.jpg

Root action from a clone that was smaller then the side by side tank clones above.
I didn't think they were going to make it so I put them with the CO2, and the
outgrew the ones in the tank now! Almost a foot tall!
scifi-3010-25.jpg

All of the new clones took root, but interestingly, the smallest looks like it
took a bit of nute burn. The clone tank was running around 300PPMs of the lucas
formula.
scifi-3010-26.jpg

The biggest plant clone now, is using the sub surface water ring, which you can see here exposed. I think I'm going to make rings for them all now.

Eventually, I'd like to have the bucket system I've built here in flower
and veg, so I can just pickup a pot, and put it in the other system
when I want to switch.

I'm running lucas at around 1100PPMs in the bucket system, and the res water temps are around 78F, with all the lights on. I'm super saturating the water with oxygen thou, so I have not had any root problems. The all smell like fresh cucumbers in the root zone, but one clone in particular.. Has an odd smell. Dog shit. Laugh all you want but I swear this plant smells like dog shit and weed on the top five leaves, and I have yet to figure out why.
No dogs have been anywhere near any of it, let alone in the room.

:peace:

I need to read you thread from the beginning. I missed it cause it was the second one in your signature and I thought both your grows were done. You teach me so much. You are truly a sci guy and not a fi.

What are the negatives to putting the screen on the top? Doesn't that make your job easier so you don't have to do all that bending?

I want to learn that cause it seems like it solves a lot of light problems forcing each branch through a hole. Are there negatives to doing it?

I would never do what you do with wire and stuff way to hard for me.

Props to you mister

It's very similar to bonsaing a stem.. I'm paying for it now, they've branched everywhere! I'm thinking how to string them up at the moment.

So I don't get why you used wire instead of the scrog(net) or individual boxes since that seems like it is more controlled. I really need to read about this.

I was doing a sort of LST with the main stem. Two of the plants were tipped over nearly horizontal, to stimulate growth of the side branches, in addition to topping.

So I reduced the high-flow tank by 25% in PPMs. Dropped to 1050 total, with my hardwater at 200 out of the tap, and 100 ppms on the ph down, per PH number. Plants seem to be doing okay. Girls in flowering are doing okay, but one is 7-10 days behind the other one, it would appear in growth. The other has REALLY dark leaves. Makes me wonder if it's toxicity. Pics coming.

Leaf burn, and tip curl in the high-flow buckets. It's the same on the clones to the bigger girls. Starts at the bottom with the tip curling up.. proceeds to curl down and burn sets in on the tip and the edges. After that it slowly moves up the plant. Some odd coloring patterns showed up too.
scifi-4517-1.jpg
scifi-4517-10.jpg
scifi-4517-8.jpg
scifi-4517-9.jpg
scifi-4517-11.jpg

scifi-4517-12.jpg

Burn in the single site bucket.. looks the same as the others.. Think it's the lucas formula..
scifi-4517-15.jpg
scifi-4517-5.jpg
scifi-4517-4.jpg
scifi-4517-3.jpg
scifi-4517-7.jpg
scifi-4517-6.jpg
scifi-4517-14.jpg

Alien lights! Ahh!
scifi-4517-13.jpg

Plant Abuse Chart
This has some of your issues but not all. I really need to start doing research and make a comprehensive one to the best of my ability. I think it would be useful. This chart is good though.

It's under a 400W MH. I'd think it'd be plenty. What's weird was it started out curling UP first, then down after the tip curled up several times, and I never saw that listed anywhere. I think it was either too high of PPMs or the PH was a tad high when I emptied the res and refilled it.

I backed them down a bit, and let it keep riding hard, and the stems got thick, and the leaves got HUGE.. I moved them over to flower yesterday, and moved the clones on in.

Back
Top Bottom