Scrog in a tent access questions

Gru

I want to try scrogging.

I have 5 plants in a 5x5 tent (vivosun), I have the net as well.

Throwing a wrench in the works here, I switched up nutrients from fox farm to some organic top dress stuff that tells you to feed 1/2 cup every 2 weeks and work it in to the top layer of the soil.

The question here is: the tent has 2 access points, how do I go about feeding the 2 or 3 of the plants preferably without having to come up with some Rube Goldberg stuff to do it? Or am I going to have to Rube Goldberg it anyways?

The side windows probably wont help you at all once the net is up.
I've done a four plant scrog a few times and watering the plants in the back is always difficult.
But even four without a net isn't much easier in my 4x4.
Two side by side in a SCROG works out nicely, 3 with no net and some empty space so I can slide them around.
Maybe you can setup an irrigation system, otherwise my only advice would be to grow the plants tall enough that it facilitates reaching the back and doing your watering.

i use a square downpipe with a 90 degree fitting for the plants at the back, I've broken a branch or 2 over the years trying to get in past the front plants and for around 10 quid it has been a great addition come watering/feeding time. It's about 3 inches square and 3 or 4 ft long, or as long as you need it to suit your tent and you can direct the water anywhere you need to round the pant.

It’s been vegging almost 10 weeks.

I decided I’m not going to scrog, logistically speaking it makes no sense. Top dressing and accessing the plants will just destroy them.

I grow in a 5 x 5 with only front and one side access as the tent is set up in the corner of a small home office. I like to scrog as that has been the highest yielder, process wise, for me.

What I do to access the hard to reach areas is to put a small base with a hole in it big enough to put a pole in. Think of an office chair base with pneumatic seat post. I leave the base in the area that is hard to get to on the floor and whenever I need to get back there I mount the post and lay on it over the canopy so that I can reach the back side. The post has a small cushion to lay on.

12192023 flower sites.jpg

Back
Top Bottom