Sealed Gavita Pro Mitsubishi CO2 Quest 105 RockWool GH Flora

Your SBS & PD are top shelf for sure

:Namaste::cco::adore:

well i am thinking of adjusting the quest 205 (240v model) to only come on during the dark cycle but at the same time am not exactly sure what the cause and effect will be during the Winter. I can test it with the min/max thermometer and see how cold the room is during the lights ON cycle. I have this feeling the room wont be warm enough without the added heat.
Its great during the dark as I am not running a heater(s) and dont need to as long as its running.

Sealed rooms require alot of dehumidification and you should know the air conditioner sales persons will tell you the ac is enough to dry the air. It might be when you have your lights on but I promise you if your room is sealed up correctely they will not! I have two mitsubishi mini split indoor units, one 12K btu and the second is a 15K unit. Lamps turn off and without the dehuey its gone as high as 91%! Scary stuff.

you know your room is sealed up correctly when your co2 ppm ramp way up just from you exhaling for 15 mins.

I wouldn't need the tank/regulator if I had someone in there the whole 12 hours.

I highly recommend new growers staying away from sealed grows and stick with more traditional in and out ventilated rooms.
Get a couple years under your belt and then do your research and run the numbers, you still might decide staying traditional is the way to grow.

whats up Hizz? what ya got going for winter? hows the shed do with the cooler temps? Hope you have a great holiday season.
same ol!

So far the temps are steady BUT! lol the cold has my reverse osmosis filter setup struggling to make enough water, the cold froze up my condensing drain lines, they backed up from 3 indoor units plus a big dehumidifier and FLOOD, great Noahs Ark haha

that and digging it out I hurt my foot pretty good, lol always something right?

Spirits are high, family is super excited for Santa to arrive and I'm grateful to be blessed with another day.

How about you?

Hey, great to hear from you. I'm good. my family is all back here for the next couple of weeks. got crowded real quick. it's amazing how much more trash, noise, laundry, dirty dishes, expense and general chaos that three more people can add. god help us when they start bringing kids of their own too!

sorry to hear about the freeze/flood. what was your fix, heated cables? pipe insulation?

jonesing for a new grow or some new Mcguyver build out project from you. some of us do live vicariously you know.

take care. hope you heal up soon

On

Hey Hizzy,

Was reading through again. I saw you mentioned the strain lineages. You probably have the GG4 lineage but if not, or for anyone else, here's the background on GG#4: Chocolate Diesel x (Sour Dubb x ChemSis).

i also read a potentially neat trick to help reduce gnats: use a large pair of pantyhose around the outside of the airpot so they can't get into the medium to lay their eggs. Not sure if it's possible to fit them things over a 5G air pot. Next time you're doing a Victoria's Secret run, grab a pack of XXL's and see if it'll go. Couldn't hurt, might help?

Did you test the GG4 for percentages? I know looking frosty doesn't automatically mean good numbers on a test. How would you rate the effect of the strains you grew here, both the medical effect as well as the recreational?

Sorry I've been so absent

Kicking suboxone type medicine

As for the gg%4 I got the rosin tested and it came in at 65ish

I didn't have enough funds to test it all but I was more interested in my crokkett family farms sour banana sherbert
Ecsd east coast sour diesel x banana sherbert

My goodness is it smell like banana baby food

Good stuff and it tested (flowers 25.8% thc, it's rosin 77 and CCO 78

The purple dream flowers came in at 21.1

All that was $280 plus an 8 hour round trip

I can still get a cut of the real but she doesn't do good under gravitas, maybe if you have ten foot tall Ceilings

So for now most strains I am blooming are 1:1 thc/cbd strains as I'm attempting to get/stay off opiod meds and have a few loved ones needing the same thing

My prob is 15 years as directed but none the less illegal street dope is all the same poison

Lots and lots of youngsters are going to need options and soon. So I'm doing my part to research what helps and what's a waste
For me it's edibles that helps me and my restless legs,arms and neck, it bites!
So back on your question I think the answer will be after I cure the mango haze, red dragon, cronic thunder, And dr green thumbs ewe-2 aka U2

Some cypress hill weed.
It's a fast 49-56 day indica

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Made two weeks

Wasn't easy but I'm at the point I'm starting to feel
A
Tiny bit better everyday

I take that!!

For sure take that. Day at a time. What's new in the sealed room? Glad to see you around. I'll keep checking in. Take care, Ona

I don't think they're coming in that way

A few found me and made a family

Luckily it's not so bad I can't continue

I'm testing a few drops of blue dawn

I'll let all y'all know

Hey Hiz, what's new?

I had a couple more questions about the grow you documented here. I'm just not too intuitive in this stuff. it look like in the pic from entry #115 that your airpots are up on top of reservoirs. in an earlier post, #34, you said, "Have really nice roots right now and the ones hat get it that way are all turning the tote reservoir into dwc lol
Good stuff imho "

when i read the first page, for some reason I figured using airpots and hydro halos meant this was going to be DTW. Now, I don't think so. what is your system? a recycle kinda thing? each plant has it's own irrigation/feeding system? I guess I'm not understanding how the totes are used because I don't know the system. I got to thinking about it when I was trying to figure out why the pots were on top of the totes. I guess I never understood how this was being done.

Yeah each 17 gallon or is it 15?

12 gallons of solution and a timer

Waters thru the halo
Drains back into the res/tote

Simplicity my friend

Actually I have noticed with my mix now he roots don't hit the tote reservoir as they are getting what they need and don't have to go searching for it

Top Feed recirculating is about how I'd describe it

ok, thx, Got it now. Kind of a Doh! moment there for me.

whatever it is, you need to patent it. 3.25 lb per light? time to print up some "Consultant" business cards.

There may be a nice wage to be made in growing, for now, but the real money will be in the franchising, consulting, legal, business management, etc. Put your expertise to work for your benefit and to benefit everyone else too. The day will come when top tier growers and breeders have their own agents. not a good a bad thing,just how it will likely play out. put it to your advantage.

great to have you around my friend. pop by the other place if you get some time and clue me in on my grow: pose2b clone grow

Maybe some members can chime in and let me know what they use to get rid of gnats?
I've tried neem oil, insect anialator both seem to help for a minute but they always come back, sticky traps and glue boards get some but it's never enough.
I heard there's some others products but don't know. How about dimetacous earth? Sorry I know it's spelled wrong
Thanks

Hizzy

I have been using stuff called Growstone for a bout 6 months and it reduced the population significantly to a rare sighting.

I have noticed a few this week, but I think it was from reusing some of it. Probably had eggs right under when I recycled it. Thats what I get for being cheap.
It isnt that expensive if I remember correct. $20 for a medium size bag.

It's made of recycled glass and is sharper than perlite so the gnats don't like crawling on it.
I called them and asked about recycling it in with the soil and they said it's fine to do and they make similar sizes of the same product for other uses like for hydro. you should check out the site.

Thanks hashhound

I messed with some gnat nix

Recycled glass

Mine must me Mountain gnats (6500' above sea level) I see them land on it and walk around like it's the place to be lmao

Maybe yours is better

Between my Lil vacuum, glue boards and. Mosquito bits they seem to stay under control but just can't get rid of them completely
Oh yeah at times straight bacillus

Ahhhh Lil f'ers

To be honest if I have to have one problem I'll keep these ones

There's way worse out there
I won't say any names

Thanks a lot

6500 feet, yikes. I was in Alamosa 7500 a lot mid to late 70ish, -25 brrrrr

the past few days there have been more gnats than usual. Maybe coming from holes on the side of the pots, but I havent had this many in months. Maybe they have found a way to wiggle through that stuff.

hey you had me watching hash making vids on youtube till 4am
I saw one similar to the natgeo one and it is a guy using the same beating method and mentioned he puts silk over the bowl. Next chance i get i'll scope a piece of silk and see how it compares to the silk screen.

another vid showed guys that made a pollen drum about as big as a water heater covered with silk screen.
I never saw so much raw resin. It made me finish off my last bit of hash.

Back
Top Bottom