Sealed Gavita Pro Mitsubishi CO2 Quest 105 RockWool GH Flora

Good advise HizzyB

:ciao: HizzyB :)

I have read every page and drooled at every picture. All I can say is you are inspiring me to do some great things when my retirement comes around in less than two years.

Just freaking awesome grow, grow room, grow equipment, and grower.

This was a pleasure to read, and then some.

:adore::adore::adore:

Thanks a lot canna fan

Your so much of an inspiration to us also

There will be some awesome journals coming soon

I just need to get out there and get a few more pieces of equipment/tools

Thanks again y'all

Sent from my iPhone using 420

So sorry it took so long to reply.

Well it most definitely depends on what time of the day your room is running or at least it does in our area.

When we first turned the room on again after the big redo (20K, yep 20 grand worth of upgrades) and the schedule was 8am to 8pm it was over $900 bucks!
That had to happen so our helper could come and help us with work we couldn't do alone.

Now you should know that when we adjusted the schedules to midnight to noon, 12am-12pm
We were still running all 8 on 750 watts and the discounted (off peak rates) dropped it to $737. Was still
Dog days of Summer hot and was making the mini split system work hard.
Due to light stress on the gg#4 (super stretchy, lanky tall girls) we both decided that dropping the wattage
Was the only way as raising the roof wasn't happening. Now we run the EL2 controller at 525 watts and our last bill was
(Drum roll please...........) $525!!!! I know it prob still seems like wtf? But that is for our home, the shed with
Both rooms (18/6 veg 12/12 bloom) and the trim/kitchen/office shed. So over all the room redo
We did actually made our gardens more efficient and now we pay right about the same as before but with much better
Results and a lot more equipment running.

I have to apologize that we haven't been here more often but we have been really going through some hard family issues and it's been a real heartbreak of a Summer (sheesh my eyes are getting all
Watery just thinking of what's been going on) and I'm just now starting to deal with my best friend passing away last June so it's been one of the hardest years I can remember.

I promise to get back on track asap as this is a teaching journal and I can't teach anyone anything if I'm not here teaching!
Sorry it's my passion.
Our hearts and prayers go out to those growing in the Pacific Northwest we know you all have to be struggling right now as I type this with the typhoon coming and we know it would've been nice to get another week or two in. Trim until ya drop but don't let the fiskars stick ya, been there done that.

Please accept our apologies for not being here more

Sent from my cell phone

Well since I'm here and have a few more mins I want to go into our new adventure but first must give you a little peek into the past so it makes sense.
2002 a fractured tail bone and a bunch of other damage from getting into a head on collision (race car vs. concrete wall) at 59 mph started
My use of pain pills. Being a high school teacher and the high end PPO health insurance we used to have paid for really expensive stuff like OxyContin 80 mg
3 a day plus fentynal lozenges and stuff like that. Following year I'm back to work but end up rupturing my lower back (now jobs gone and Were paying for pain relief.) No income at all left me no choice but to pay cash money once a month for Methadone 40mg 3x's a day.
Any of you that have seen or gone thru similar things know where this is headed.
7 surgeries later (3 back 4 leg and 14 years later, oh yeah a spinal cord stimulator) I'm just about off the opiods or what I call the opiod train but what will I use for pain?
CCO. It's been super super tough getting the Tolerance to opiods down to where it is now and to be honest I've been in a constant state of withdrawal for about two years.
Three months ago I went and saw a suboxone dr who wrote a script for the max dosage of buprenorphine 8mg 3x's a day. I've got it down (thanks to a pill cutter and my dr approval and advice) to a sliver of that at 1/8th of a pill three times a day 1mg or as close to it as I can manage three times a day. So now at 3mg every 24 hours I will take it down a mg each two weeks or three depending but what I'm getting at is soon I will be jumping of the "train" hopefully and use our plant in a concentrated fashion for pain relief and other things.

I should also say what brought me here was looking for knowledge and ultimately pain relief. Being a teacher I have a strong passion for teaching and it all just fit in, I'm sure my kids would say it's more of an obsession lol but that's for another day lol.

So back to why I'm posting this, just about broke the bank and spent every penny we've saved upgrading the gardens but managed to pull it together to purchase the equipment to start following in Moroco's footsteps and hopefully be able to stay completely off the stuff. We all know they're a killer and ruin lives everywhere and everyday.

I've got the flowers to start learning (thanks to Croptober lol) so let's get ready to learn.

Should also let you all know that this is all being done on an iPhone as our computers are about done and so is the piggy bank.
Have been gathering some parts to bare bones a system together so hopefully before the years up I can do this in a way that it's easier to SEE! Lol.
Here's a peek
IMG_55125.JPG
IMG_55816.JPG

We're so greatful for this site and it's awesome members that I have to thank my higher power who I call God every day that I'm still alive and able to teach/help others.
Please know I try to make this a teaching journal and that any and all questions/feedback is actually wanted.
Post away, hijack this thread but let's keep it clean, safe and respectable.
I really hope the extra flowers can start saving some lives and prevent cancer with pm (preventive maintenance) doses. Decided that any card carrying patients i know and or caregive for will be gifted CCO as long as I can pay the power bill which you all know now is getting back where it need to be but this time of the year is tough. 3 kids birthdays, Black Friday and Christmas doesn't help
Either :rofl:

I will do my best to start hanging out here more and will be doing separate journals for CCO and ones for veg/bloom.
We're saving our pennies for lab tests so we can see how the CCO turns out as well as the solventless which is all
We're medicating with these days.
Thanks for being so patient and have a great day.

hey I never said I was an English or composition teacher lol

Thank you for your story Hizzy, you sure have come a long way in your opiod journey. Congratulations :cheer::bravo::high-five::love:

It would be nice if you could "Copy & Paste" this story to the "Oilhead" journal Cannafan & I have going Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge You are more then welcome to make this journal your journal as well as other "Oilheads" who are using tacking for pain, cancer & all other ailments.

Any question and updates you have or are doing will get answered over there. We all love updates as well.

:love::cco::love:

Heck Hizzy :) your a class act, so were glad we've got you here buddy! :)

Thank L.A. It's my pleasure and I consider each and everyone of you extended family

Thank you for your story Hizzy, you sure have come a long way in your opiod journey. Congratulations :cheer::bravo::high-five::love:

It would be nice if you could "Copy & Paste" this story to the "Oilhead" journal Cannafan & I have going Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge You are more then welcome to make this journal your journal as well as other "Oilheads" who are using tacking for pain, cancer & all other ailments

Any question and updates you have or are doing will get answered over there. We all love updates as well.

:love::cco::love:

Will do! Thanks for the invite

So sorry it took so long to reply.

Well it most definitely depends on what time of the day your room is running or at least it does in our area.

When we first turned the room on again after the big redo (20K, yep 20 grand worth of upgrades) and the schedule was 8am to 8pm it was over $900 bucks!
That had to happen so our helper could come and help us with work we couldn't do alone.

Now you should know that when we adjusted the schedules to midnight to noon, 12am-12pm
We were still running all 8 on 750 watts and the discounted (off peak rates) dropped it to $737. Was still
Dog days of Summer hot and was making the mini split system work hard.
Due to light stress on the gg#4 (super stretchy, lanky tall girls) we both decided that dropping the wattage
Was the only way as raising the roof wasn't happening. Now we run the EL2 controller at 525 watts and our last bill was
(Drum roll please...........) $525!!!! I know it prob still seems like wtf? But that is for our home, the shed with
Both rooms (18/6 veg 12/12 bloom) and the trim/kitchen/office shed. So over all the room redo
We did actually made our gardens more efficient and now we pay right about the same as before but with much better
Results and a lot more equipment running.

I have to apologize that we haven't been here more often but we have been really going through some hard family issues and it's been a real heartbreak of a Summer (sheesh my eyes are getting all
Watery just thinking of what's been going on) and I'm just now starting to deal with my best friend passing away last June so it's been one of the hardest years I can remember.

I promise to get back on track asap as this is a teaching journal and I can't teach anyone anything if I'm not here teaching!
Sorry it's my passion.
Our hearts and prayers go out to those growing in the Pacific Northwest we know you all have to be struggling right now as I type this with the typhoon coming and we know it would've been nice to get another week or two in. Trim until ya drop but don't let the fiskars stick ya, been there done that.

Please accept our apologies for not being here more

Sent from my cell phone

Thanks so much for the response. It cleared up a couple questions I had on that electric thing. And good job reducing that bill! The final cost of a little over five hundred is so much more reasonable. I have been doing energy efficient things for the the last few weeks trying to get mine to a range that is comfortable over the winter now that everything has to come indoors.

I have to thank you, it never occurred to me to look at my "Peak rates". If it's cheaper to run the lights at night, then that's how things will go. Funny I've never looked at that before, if it's going to be a substantial saving to change light schedule times, that is what I will be doing now.

I completely understand going through family things, I'm going through one myself right now with my Mom that I can't seem to get under control. It's hard when you care so much, but are so limited in what you can do to help someone....other than be there and give what you can. It makes it difficult to work and concentrate for sure.

I have already read your story and saw your copied post on the Oilers thread, so again..congrats on your mission forward to tossing opiods out in the cold.

Take your time, take care of yourself and your family..when you have time to post that will be great. No one expects daily updates. Thank goodness. :laugh:

:circle-of-love:

Thanks canna fan
Means a lot.

So I go see my pain mgt. dr today who was very pleased I've come so far and am so close to getting off the "train"
That was great, the clinician dr (mental health clinic type dr) was another story
I guess $$$ is most important as the dr wasn't pleased at all in fast I sensed anger and stress as I was told "your not making sense" "it's not made to work that way" "you should be on this for a lot longer than you have been"
And a bunch of BS like that.
I told the doc "hey!, my body, my life, my choice!"
I guess seeing the dr only prescribes suboxone and it's components they don't want patients getting off of them
as they won't be able to get paid by the insurance if they don't have patients returning. Oh well lol.

Back to the good stuff.
I'm glad to be here and hope soon to have my dedicated circuit to protect my volrath 59500p mirage pro induction cooker and keep its 2 year warranty valid.
Only other thing I need is the funnels and some unbleached coffee filters.

It'll be soon, hope to be able to get
My comp built soon and figure out how to post videos.

All of you are in my thought and prayers, have a great evening wherever you are

HizzyB

Forgot to mention he said there's a chance I can have the paddle leads removed (spinal cord stimulator) but it's risky and something. I have to speak to a neurosurgeon.

I did see that the HGK seed popped so I planted it tonight

Hopefully it'll have so much THC that cancer won't have a chance!!!

I love to much "THC" Kicking cancers A$$

:smokin::cco::cheesygrinsmiley:

We need a dying cancer cell Smiley :hmmmm:

I'm letting the purple dream go a week longer per Ken Estees edited description on the seed banks item description
9.5-10.5 weeks it says
I always give it 9 but I'm adding a full week and will see what the microscope says

Now it's all
About growing the flowers for purpose i.e. Cancer killers? Max THC
Cbd? Full term and so on
a9afb834ad04f26107311c171f7a0846.jpg

I will get some upclose pics of how the leaves are changing
Really awesome to see fall like attributes on an indoor plant

W'sup bro? I'm doing my now annual run thru some of the sites to see how things are going. Very nice work with the sealed grow shed and the GG#4. I wouldn't have expected that strain, lol, but it has a lot of fans. 1.2 to 1.5/w is pretty respectable, esp considering its a new location, new system, new strain, etc. Thanks to you and folks like Light Addict for being willing to take time from your work to help and teach. I 'll definitely check in more now that I know you're back in the saddle. Take care, Ona

Hi Hizz, I know you got things going on but when yu get the time, i'm gonna throwout a couple of questions i had as ii read the jouranl again (4th or 5th time at least). aslo, i'm gonna toss in some ideas that are coming from a non-grower (yet!) but are just possible answers to some things you asked.

with regards to the fungus gnats, i read in a gg4 thread a grower who switched away from the air pots because the gnats could always access the medium through the holes in the pot to lay new eggs. i think he went to a solid container but i'd have to look up his thread. would smart would smart pots work for you?

also, with regards to diatomaceous earth, it is a great non-toxic treatment for many insect pests that can infest the growing medium. a layer of that on the surface would probably work even better than the perlite, at least until it gets washed down by the irrigation. Its not expensive, $24/50lb bag of food grade DE on amazon. probably similar at a nearby hydro store. running 6 one plant stations, that would last you, what? 2-3 years?

i know i had a couple of questions but i dont want to make one of those wall of words things so i'll check back later.

Addendum: yes, homes, wittbag-ttm (to the max!). best to you and your family. Also, I'm so encouraged to hear you're moving back towards normalcy with the pain management regimens. Little victories!!

This batch of purple dream tested out at 21.1% THC

The sour banana Sherbet 25.8!!

Figures as much as I don't like growing that hybrid strain I get the results I've been searching for for quite a while lol.
Makes fantastic CCO as well
78% thc

Back
Top Bottom