Second Grow - Michigan Medical Marijuana - 2009

Weedy, thank you for saying so. Not sure if we are that good yet, but still trying. As soon as I finish wiring in the new breaker box, we should have better control of the heat and lighting. I have lost 2 Northern Lights x Big Bud seeds, and one Cheese seed. The week of warm weather we had put the scare in us. We aren't able to run the big lights and the a/c unit at the same time. So it was a wake up call to do something about the electrical. We have opted to add a 6 space, 100 amp additional panel. It will be wired in parallel to the main panel, and not off a breaker in the main panel. It will have 6 - 20amp breakers available for the grow area, thereby isolating the grow from the rest of the house. One 20 amp breaker for the 2 - 1000 watt lights, one 20 amp breaker for the a/c, and one 20 amp breaker for the rest of the grow room. That will leave 3 - 20 amp breakers for future expansion.

Oh-yeah..get some buddy!:cheer:

Hey GMT glad to see someone over doing the electrical too many people try to save a buck or two here. This is not the place to save money lol.
One thing I would add is that youll be close to 20 amps with 2 1000 watts at start-up so I would use seperate breakers if you have em available which from your earlier post you do. Also this will prevent all the lights going out if it trips. Ive had a few breakers fail even running at 10% load (defective or old) so it does happen.
You look like you got it under control, but I like to make everything as foolproof as possible because Ive pissed off Murphy and he always trys to get me with his laws so I tend to get the worst case senario every time.

Hey GMT hows it going. I talked to my buddy and i think i know why your haveing problems with that NL x big bud. he tells me that NL likes to start in a soil with less available fertilizer in the soil and slowly walk the fertilizer up. The reason i had asked was my clones were looking like they had fertilizer burn when i would put them in bigger pots and just PH balanced water. they would always pull through but i didnt know what was happening. he told me to cut back on the fertilizer i add to the soil mix. he also told me not to go to big pots too soon with them as when their young they like wet and dry cycles. he says he has best results with the 16 oz solo cups with holes cut. let them get 10 to 12 inches tall before you go to the bigger pots. when there in cups water them thoroughly with 1/4% normal fertilizer and PH balanced water superthrive of course and then let them dry completely out, not enough to cause wilting but you know what i mean, then water again. i hope this helps you im going to see if it helps me as you know i only raise NL variations. ttyl

beetle

ok I have a quick question: So last month I attempted cloning for the first time. Took two shoots of 3 different plants, and all 6 ended up surviving quite nicely (I must admit, I am a bit proud to have 100% success on my first 6 clones.. haha). I then proceeded to flower the plants I cloned off of, and only one ended up being a male. So I ditched those two.. blah blah... anyways, since I took them off of the shoots... I noticed I only get one shoot per vertical node. Does this change, or is that the name of the game unless I clone from the top of the plant?

BTW this past winter I was lucky enough to come across some Strawberry Kush. I had never heard of it being around here, but it was christmas time and I decided to get myself a present (it was $60/eighth.. ugh). Its a very upbeat, mellow head high... by far my favorite daytime smoke. But to my amazement I found it came with 6 healthy seeds! I've got them all started now, definately indica-dominant. I did some research.. its a cross between Strawberry Cough x Raspberry Kush x Sour Diesel. That, along with my entire fox farm collection that arrived a few days ago coupled with my 1,000 watt HPS + hood + hortalux light, and I should be getting quite a good flow between my N.L. hybrid, strawberry kush and whatever random sativa plant I have growing, lol. OK so that took forever.. but who knows, I may be able to provide some clones of this here in the next upcoming month :)

i rarely ever loose a clone only when its behind all the rest and extra ill pull it and toss it. but if i would re dip it and give it a while it would live.

ok I have a quick question: So last month I attempted cloning for the first time. Took two shoots of 3 different plants, and all 6 ended up surviving quite nicely (I must admit, I am a bit proud to have 100% success on my first 6 clones.. haha). I then proceeded to flower the plants I cloned off of, and only one ended up being a male. So I ditched those two.. blah blah... anyways, since I took them off of the shoots... I noticed I only get one shoot per vertical node. Does this change, or is that the name of the game unless I clone from the top of the plant?

BTW this past winter I was lucky enough to come across some Strawberry Kush. I had never heard of it being around here, but it was christmas time and I decided to get myself a present (it was $60/eighth.. ugh). Its a very upbeat, mellow head high... by far my favorite daytime smoke. But to my amazement I found it came with 6 healthy seeds! I've got them all started now, definately indica-dominant. I did some research.. its a cross between Strawberry Cough x Raspberry Kush x Sour Diesel. That, along with my entire fox farm collection that arrived a few days ago coupled with my 1,000 watt HPS + hood + hortalux light, and I should be getting quite a good flow between my N.L. hybrid, strawberry kush and whatever random sativa plant I have growing, lol. OK so that took forever.. but who knows, I may be able to provide some clones of this here in the next upcoming month :)

More lateral branching will appear as the plant matures. You will/can notice wierd leaf growth initially after cloning. This to will become normal leafs as the plant gets larger. Congrats on your cloning as well. As a matter of sexing a plant, you can take clones from an un-sexed plant, put them into 12/12, and be able to tell wether the parent is male or female without having to place it into 12/12 to early. All of the plants we have are female at this time. MDVL has placed 7 auto flower seeds in rock wool to pop. They are not femenised.

Hey GMT glad to see someone over doing the electrical too many people try to save a buck or two here. This is not the place to save money lol.
One thing I would add is that youll be close to 20 amps with 2 1000 watts at start-up so I would use seperate breakers if you have em available which from your earlier post you do. Also this will prevent all the lights going out if it trips. Ive had a few breakers fail even running at 10% load (defective or old) so it does happen.
You look like you got it under control, but I like to make everything as foolproof as possible because Ive pissed off Murphy and he always trys to get me with his laws so I tend to get the worst case senario every time.

^5 bro. For sure. I have all the lights, an a/c, and the refrigarator running on one 20 amp breaker now. So by splitting off the lights and the a/c, it should be running much more reliably than in the past. So far we have managed to dodge murphy's radar....lol.

Oh-yeah..get some buddy!:cheer:

You know it brother. Between buying the boat, doing odd jobs for folks, upgrading the electrical and harvesting, it has been real busy around here. MDVL bought herself a birthday present last week. A 2001 forest green ford explorer with only 86,000 original miles on it. It already has new ball joints, wheel bearings and brakes. Very well kept after, in beautiful shape. 4.0L, SOHC 6 cylinder. Newer tires. She did very well, only paying $4800 for it.

Hey GMT hows it going. I talked to my buddy and i think i know why your haveing problems with that NL x big bud. he tells me that NL likes to start in a soil with less available fertilizer in the soil and slowly walk the fertilizer up. The reason i had asked was my clones were looking like they had fertilizer burn when i would put them in bigger pots and just PH balanced water. they would always pull through but i didnt know what was happening. he told me to cut back on the fertilizer i add to the soil mix. he also told me not to go to big pots too soon with them as when their young they like wet and dry cycles. he says he has best results with the 16 oz solo cups with holes cut. let them get 10 to 12 inches tall before you go to the bigger pots. when there in cups water them thoroughly with 1/4% normal fertilizer and PH balanced water superthrive of course and then let them dry completely out, not enough to cause wilting but you know what i mean, then water again. i hope this helps you im going to see if it helps me as you know i only raise NL variations. ttyl

beetle

I have one femenized seed left of the NL x Big Bud. I will try another AK47 seed soon. I figure by planting and/or cloning every two weeks, we will be sure to have at least three plants to go into flowering every month. I will take your advice under consideration if we decide to try the last seed anytime soon. I hope to get at least one seed to pop from the different varieties so that I can perpetuate the genetics by cloning.:thanks: for the info.

That's one heavy load of buds on that plant!! Nice~~~~~~~~~~~~!

Joe, yes she was a good harvest. Not as big as I had hoped for. Sad to say, that the small stash we each have is all that is left..ughhh. As is the case each time we harvest, word gets out and it doesn't last long. Our friend had a 48 plant harvest at almost the same time, and he is down to two ozs left, both of which are spoken for. He grows hydro, so his yields are smaller than ours. Typically about half the size. I did manage to get an oz of Jack Herrer from him yesterday, and even that is gone!

You know it brother. Between buying the boat, doing odd jobs for folks, upgrading the electrical and harvesting, it has been real busy around here. MDVL bought herself a birthday present last week. A 2001 forest green ford explorer with only 86,000 original miles on it. It already has new ball joints, wheel bearings and brakes. Very well kept after, in beautiful shape. 4.0L, SOHC 6 cylinder. Newer tires. She did very well, only paying $4800 for it.

Hey, what a deal! I need a new truck.. well not really, but I want to upgrade to a bigger truck (I drive a b3000) like a Chevy Taho.:smokin:

You got yourself a boat ay, what you get? I inhereted "grampas" John boat that he modified with a deck and seats (12') not really a tournament boat but it gets me in and out the water. ;)

Good to hear your both doing well, Happy fishing and keep up the great work my friends!

i rarely ever loose a clone only when its behind all the rest and extra ill pull it and toss it. but if i would re dip it and give it a while it would live.

I never thought about re-dipping, I will have to give it a try. I did take a Jack47 from soil and place it in the buble cloner. It seems to be holding it's own for now, even getting lots of new root growth. If I were to redesign the bubble cloner, I would place the holes to correspond to the shape of the air stones I would be using. It seems that the cuttings that are on the fringes of the bubbles, seem to fair less well than those that are directly above the bubbles.

I never thought about re-dipping, I will have to give it a try. I did take a Jack47 from soil and place it in the buble cloner. It seems to be holding it's own for now, even getting lots of new root growth. If I were to redesign the bubble cloner, I would place the holes to correspond to the shape of the air stones I would be using. It seems that the cuttings that are on the fringes of the bubbles, seem to fair less well than those that are directly above the bubbles.

as a matter of fact, i have 6 clones going now i checked them its been like 10 days. i had kept them too wet and the stems rotted instead of growing roots. i just cut to next node re dipped and re stuck them in soil. stuck the dome back over them and away they go again. :)

well i would like to annouce that THREE of our auto's are beginning to show their birth. yeah yeah i know " auto flowers" eww but hey if it gets me the same product as a non auto flower then woot woot!!!! GMT has been letting me do some work with theplants as far as watering goes so that i can get a handle on growing as well as he.. :) ok i need to go to bed.. just got some new pipes i wanna try out and it is time to channel surf!

I call HER the "Green Manilishi" :cheer:

GMT hey i went out and got some molasses to use to flush with. How much do you use per gallon. thought i read 3 tablespoons somewhere, but i wanted to ask you how much you use. im going to start using it all the time actually.

GMT hey i went out and got some molasses to use to flush with. How much do you use per gallon. thought i read 3 tablespoons somewhere, but i wanted to ask you how much you use. im going to start using it all the time actually.

We typically use 1 tablespoon per gallon. Easiest if you heat up about 2 cups of filtered water and add the molasses in. Let if dissolve and then pour it into your gallon container.

What's up GMT,

You have an awesome grow going on my friend!!

:bravo: &:nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom