BeezLuiz & Liquidintel's Outdoor Grow 2018

Ironically, I was concerned about high humidity last weekend so I ordered a dehumidifier. It arrived this morning :rolleyes:
Corollary to Murphy's law: one only finds the right tool for the job, after the job is over ;)

After 3 days of sitting in the cure jars the buds feel much better :yahoo:
The humidity is up to 57% (was 52%) in one of the jars, so the Boveda packets are doing their job -- should be up to 62% in a few more days. Some of the packets are working so hard that they are already starting to get a little crusty. Putting them in a zip-lock with a damp paper towel for a couple days should re-hydrate them nicely.

:goodjob:

Last weekend I had some friends over to try Blueberry Muffin after it was finished curing. We smoked out of a bong, a blunt, and a joint. Blueberry Muffin was very flavorful, didn't have much of a leafy taste. The smoke was not harsh, and did not burn the throat. The high was very enjoyable, none of us got couch lock. One of my friends stated that the high was strong, but not to where he felt like he was going to trip out. The high lasted for quiet some time, with the peak last around 30-40ish minutes. I felt blueberry Muffin tasted delicious and relaxed me without making me overly tired and couch locked. I am very happy with how this turned out! I'm not sure if @BeezLuiz has anything else he would like to add.

Last weekend I had some friends over to try Blueberry Muffin after it was finished curing. We smoked out of a bong, a blunt, and a joint. Blueberry Muffin was very flavorful, didn't have much of a leafy taste. The smoke was not harsh, and did not burn the throat. The high was very enjoyable, none of us got couch lock. One of my friends stated that the high was strong, but not to where he felt like he was going to trip out. The high lasted for quiet some time, with the peak last around 30-40ish minutes. I felt blueberry Muffin tasted delicious and relaxed me without making me overly tired and couch locked. I am very happy with how this turned out! I'm not sure if @BeezLuiz has anything else he would like to add.
Success!

Nice report. That's the kinda weed that I like. Glad you like it! Enjoy it in good health.

Congrats & kudos!

I am very happy with Blueberry Muffin. Of course I'm sure I am biased here since she's my first plant to grow and harvest, but one of the best smokes I've ever had! The strain notes suggest THC between 16% and 19%. For me, one or two hits is enough of a high to last me a couple hours so I guess the 10 oz that we yielded should last me about 20 years :ganjamon:.

I was also there when @Liquidintel and his friends did their smoke test. They were all truly impressed with the aroma, flavor and high. They proceeded to play a couple games of cornhole and much fun & laughter was had by all.

I am very happy with Blueberry Muffin. Of course I'm sure I am biased here since she's my first plant to grow and harvest, but one of the best smokes I've ever had! The strain notes suggest THC between 16% and 19%. For me, one or two hits is enough of a high to last me a couple hours so I guess the 10 oz that we yielded should last me about 20 years :ganjamon:.

I was also there when @Liquidintel and his friends did their smoke test. They were all truly impressed with the aroma, flavor and high. They proceeded to play a couple games of cornhole and much fun & laughter was had by all.
:p:pAwesome. But I'm not surprised. Gorgeous grow that had the "the look."
Again, kudos & congrats!

Thank you very much @andIhalped ! We have another 1week or so left curing Blackberry Fire, looking forward to posting another smoke report!

While checking on the cure jars of Blackberry Fire, I decided to weigh the contents.

I didn't want to weigh anything when we first put them in, due to the condition of the buds, but they are much better now (61% rH in the jars this morning). Blackberry Fire yielded better than I expected: 476 grams of bud (17 oz) and 94 grams of trim (3.35 oz) :yahoo:
Here's the finalized chart for BBF
Blackberry Fire Chart Final.jpg

Holy crap! A yield I can't touch!

It's not always about the end goal, but about the journey and process getting to that goal.

While it may have taken longer than we imagined, we had a ton of laughs, learning, and family bonding. In those moments you cant put a time on it.

I think blackberry fire was the most difficult to trim due to it being extremely bushy. For the remaining plants we might need to change our current game plan. *Hopefully not by much*

We adjusted our drying technique slightly. Fully using our hang drying basket compared to last trim. While hang drying only the larger colas. Hopefully allowing for a much more even dry. *last time we might have left too many popcorn nugs to hang dry with large stems, making them take longer to dry and uneven* hopefully we notice a positive difference.

:yummy:
Beautifully put @Liquidintel!

Such situations are a palpable reminder of our evolution—working on simple labor among a family clan communally towards a common good. It’s in our DNA.

I’ve only been on this site for about a year, but I’ve been taking in non-fiction narratives for many years.

That said, this is very easily the absolute best grow journal I’ve run across. To be sure, I’ve run across many informative & excellent ones, but yours is heads above. Really, nothing's in close 2nd.

Because:
  • Great pix
  • Quantitative data (!!)
  • Clear narrative
  • Absolutely stellar results
  • Complete candor

The engaged & informed moderator, @Dwight Monk seems to know a good thing when it hits his screen, so what the heck. (Dwight, I hope yr grow is rot-free, we’re in the homestretch & the weather looks better-than-friendly!)

Over & out!

Thank you so much for the kind words, @andIhalped . This journal has been a great experience for us!

For an outdoor grow, we've been pretty fortunate regarding bugs and diseases.. except for caterpillars. Every day we inspect for those buggers and usually remove 5 -10 of them. They just love my plants!

:p I just don't want to smoke one by accident.

Back
Top Bottom