BeezLuiz & Liquidintel's Outdoor Grow 2018

I few days ago, I was taking some pics of random buds. I then sat down to review the photos and found this one...
Caterpillar a.jpg

I had to go back outside, find that bud and then remove the bugger!

Been a busy past couple days harvesting Dream Queen. Spent almost 8 hrs on Friday and a couple more on Saturday. Fortunately we had some help again. At one point there were 7 of us trimming away!

yum!:goodjob:

Well, we haven't had a drop of rain all summer - not since May! But rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Probably not much - maybe 1/10th of an inch. Since this is an outdoor grow, my question is: Do I really need to move the plants indoors, or will they be ok if they get a little wet? They are several weeks into flower - maybe 2 or 3 weeks away from harvest. I don't want mold or bud rot, but moving these guys is kind of a pain. I do have some large umbrellas (9 ft in diameter) that I could move out to the plant site. Not sure if the Sour Diesel will even fit under one of them...

I opted for placing the umbrellas over each plant. Should keep most of the plant dry.

Well, we haven't had a drop of rain all summer - not since May! But rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Probably not much - maybe 1/10th of an inch. Since this is an outdoor grow, my question is: Do I really need to move the plants indoors, or will they be ok if they get a little wet? They are several weeks into flower - maybe 2 or 3 weeks away from harvest. I don't want mold or bud rot, but moving these guys is kind of a pain. I do have some large umbrellas (9 ft in diameter) that I could move out to the plant site. Not sure if the Sour Diesel will even fit under one of them...
Mine are immobile & we've had about 3 weeks of either rain or enough morning dew equal to about 0.05 inches of rain on a daily basis (I think there might have been 2 days without one or the other during that stretch).

And no bud rot...so far

Rain does not automatically = bud rot, though one might not know it from some of the fearfulness among growers.

Your plant structure looks fairly rot resistant -- buds are NOT packed close together & touching & there's some ventilation. Plus, while I've not grown your strains, IME sativas like the sour diesel are fairly resistant to rot.

Still some things to do: 1) during moist periods check them daily & if there's any rot, cut it out immediately to prevent spread;
2) shake the buds on the plants after precip/dew to reduce bud wetness (I did that late last nite after an evening rain). Some folks will even run a fan to blow on them after it's stopped raining! Or even use a leaf blower to help 'em dry
3) If you're still getting rot despite 1) & 2) and there's no break forecast in the weather, consider taking down some or all of it early. Better to have a lot of slightly early harvest weed than some stronger weed & a whole lot of rot.

Grow on!

Thanks so much for your suggestions and opinion. I think I'll be in pretty good shape until harvest. Nary a drop of water on either plant this morning :yahoo:

Thanks so much for your suggestions and opinion. I think I'll be in pretty good shape until harvest. Nary a drop of water on either plant this morning :yahoo:
Awesome!

Maybe so. Later today or tomorrow I'll be snipping a bud off to get some close-ups of her trichs. I'm pretty sure Sour Diesel has at least another week, probably two weeks. Cookies has been a little more difficult to tell for me. Looking through my 50x scope, the trichs seem mostly milky, but still some clear. I can tell better using my camera close-up lens.

OK, I snipped off a bud from Cookies this morning so that I could do some closer inspection. I think it's still a bit early, probably will plan to harvest next week. Here's a bunch of close-ups photos -- sorry for the large quantity, but I couldn't decide which ones I like the best. :p
The colored hair ratio looks pretty close, but the trichomes still look like too many clear.

Dream Queen is now dried and into the cure jars. I weighed the contents and yield is: 450 grams (16.07 oz) of flower, 85 grams (3.04 oz) of trim. I was pleasantly surprised to get that much - was expecting about 12 oz.

Dream Queen is now dried and into the cure jars. I weighed the contents and yield is: 450 grams (16.07 oz) of flower, 85 grams (3.04 oz) of trim. I was pleasantly surprised to get that much - was expecting about 12 oz.
:goodjob:!!!!

Here's the info graph of Dream Queen:
Dream Queen Chart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom