Second Micro Grow - 90W UFO - Auto Northern Lights - Soil with Amendments

ashm

Hello again 420 peoples.

After a first failed attempt here I am again..

Nothing much has changed from my previous grow except the soil, I was given some of this new soil to try out..

So, I have 1 sensi autoflower northern lights.
90percent indica if I'm correct
It is now about 4 weeks old, I accidentally deleted the folder with all my pictures and dates. I've only got the pics that were in my camera now.. what I do know is that it broke ground on the 21st march

So, I am growing in soil, I wont specify the brand, I'll just say that it was suggested to me by the sales guy from the growshop, he had a very convincing argument, claiming that their test grow gave out more than 1g per watt, he also claimed that no other nutrients were added and straight tap water was used, no PH adjustments what so ever.

I'm not 100 percent sure on the composition of this soil, but I'll give it a try.
So it is black alluvial soil, with vermicompost, bat guano, "mealworms guano", perlite and vermiculite, basalt volcanic(humus, silice), Epsom salt, Zeolite, Azomite, acids: humic and fulvic of leonardite.
I took all that info off the manufacturers website... I hope I spelled it all right, I also have no idea of the quantities there is in the soil. All of that sitting in a 3L air pot.

Light cycle is 20/4
My temps range from 25 degrees to 27 degrees lights on. and 20 to 23 degrees lights off.
Humidity levels are between 40% to 50%

I water every 2 to 3 days, when soil surface starts to get crusty (straight tape water)

My tent is 30x30x60cm, I lst'd and bent the plant to the side, I also added one 23w 2700k cfl bulb to boost the bottom growth ( you should see it in the pic)

Right now my ufo is little over 30cm above the plant, I feel it is too high though, any thoughts on that ?

This is all the info I could think of right now, will keep updating...

Here are some pics....

SAM_2688.JPG

SAM_2691.JPG

Here I bent the main stem and tried to get those big leafs out of the way...
SAM_2692.JPG

Some of the tips of the bigger leafs have turned brown.. I dont know if its because they touched the soil or if its a deficiency..
SAM_2697.JPG

Hello mate :)
Your setup is looking good :) But I think that soil is to rich for babies! When the plant is small it needs less of everything, so a seedling compost is better :) the brown spots on the leaf edges & tips are caused by overfeed, I know your not feeding but with the bat guano & mill worm guano there's lot of nitrogen in the mix this can happen. I hope this is helpful just my thoughts :Namaste:

Hello, thanks for stopping by :thanks:

It makes sense, this soil could be too rich for seedlings
guess she had to get used to it, now that shes 4 weeks old I hope she will do fine
and hope that it did not stress her and affect my yield later..

Anyways, until next update :Namaste:

Quick update. Ive lowered my ufo to just bellow 30cm the plant seems to have taken it very well indeed, its probably what she needed.

I was wondering. is it a good idea to chop fan leafs off on an auto or even the little under growth ? i'd rather just leave them but if it could increase the energy uptake for the bigger branches, maybe i should ?

here are some pics..

SAM_2709.JPG

SAM_2711.JPG

Thanks guys, the is a first time for me with auto's.
I too hope its a success...

Heres an update:

Got it to spread out quit nicely.. its almost like a scrog without the net..
SAM_2715.JPG

Added the 23w cfl again, trying to boost the middle growth..
SAM_2718.JPG

A pic of the main stem up close (I tried :D )
SAM_2716.JPG

Lookin snappy!
:thanks:

Could someone tell me, at this point on can i continue lst or should i just let it be ?

I think she about 42 days old.

edit: this is her this morning, as you can see on the pic. the cfl shines just bellow the area where it is lowest. will that actually boost those shoots or will it make them stay short ?
I could pull down all the other branches to the same size as the lowest part but im wondering, can that be done at 40ish days on an auto ?

SAM_2720.JPG

Quick update: I am now over 50 days probably 52-54 days, buds are slowly getting fatter, got me wondering how fat they will be at the end..
Also im not sure if my light is too close to the plant; its at 15cm above, for a 90w led ufo; should it be higher maybe ?

pics:
SAM_2747.JPG

SAM_2748.JPG

hi ashm looking good. what happent with the last one you were moving or something i seem to recollect?

regarding to you lamp distance. If your leafs are bleaching in color your ufo is hanging to low :) i keep mine around 30cm ish it also depends on the lenses 60 degrees angle or 100 degrees, and perhaps the bandwidth on the lamp i think.

My current grow first picture at day 45 the others at day 53 in flower RQS feminized mix pack seeds 90w ufo 145w chipset 2 plants from seed + two seedlings from one of them.

20150516_104508.jpg

20150518_102431.jpg

20150518_102425.jpg

20150511_081659.jpg

Looking forward to see how your plant turns out. best of luck. :)

hi ashm looking good. what happent with the last one you were moving or something i seem to recollect?

regarding to you lamp distance. If your leafs are bleaching in color your ufo is hanging to low :) i keep mine around 30cm ish it also depends on the lenses 60 degrees angle or 100 degrees, and perhaps the bandwidth on the lamp i think.

My current grow first picture at day 45 the others at day 53 in flower RQS feminized mix pack seeds 90w ufo 145w chipset 2 plants from seed + two seedlings from one of them.

Looking forward to see how your plant turns out. best of luck. :)

Hey there ! nice to see you again :high-five:

Well, i still have not moved out. it will be end of next month, hoping for the girl to finish before the end of this month tho..

As for my light, i'm not sure on the angle of the lenses, i do know that its not very good for flowering since its; 660nm - 460nm - white 2700°K - 610nm.
and it lacks 630nm...

will have to buy a flowering one for my next grows and use this one for veggin only...
anyways, i dont seem to notice bleaching on my leafs but i will raise it to 30cm just in case..

my 2 bagseeds were moved to a friends balcony, he later told me they were dead...

Thanks for the kind words, i only wish my grow comes out as good as yours :bravo:

yeah maybe as you say you should get some lamp with more reds for the next grow you will flower. My ufo's specs are as follow
430, 450, 475, 660, 640 and 630 its light mix are looking more of a deep purple than blue or red. my friends panel 300W (200w usage) with same Nm's as my lamp in the specs, bought from ebay. It got a light blue pale-ish look over it. i think there is a big difference in the build quality from lamp to lamp.

20150519_151454.jpg

Time for an update again.

I'm trying to give her some of that later afternoon sun, at least 2 hours, I will try and do more than that...

Could any estimate my time left just by looking at the pictures ?
Also I have just received a pocket microscope, I tried taking a pic thru the scope, was impossible to get a clear pic, will try again and add it later... here she is:

SAM_27641.JPG

SAM_27681.JPG

SAM_27661.JPG

SAM_2769.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom