Seedling help!

Well they survived the night haha. I swear I thought I would wake up and they’d all be shriveled and dead haha. All but one are done cuz I ran out of soil

Attachments

• 45B084F9-E76E-4A91-BF77-7B248D06D4D4.jpeg
    45B084F9-E76E-4A91-BF77-7B248D06D4D4.jpeg
    625.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 2F86BA45-CFBA-4837-BA61-D4783354CE2E.jpeg
    2F86BA45-CFBA-4837-BA61-D4783354CE2E.jpeg
    756.7 KB · Views: 78
  • D423209A-42A3-42F7-8988-021A8232BD00.jpeg
    D423209A-42A3-42F7-8988-021A8232BD00.jpeg
    618.5 KB · Views: 71
Great job transplanting- I don't think they even noticed,not a droopy leaf in the bunch...:goodjob:

Ok thank you! Problem is, I don’t have a huge space for an indoor set up and the plants still have about 3 more weeks inside I got slightly larger pots than the solo cups, they are the same height but wider if that makes sense. I couldn’t find anything taller. I hope my lights will get to all the plants now that they will take up more space in the bigger pots. Omg I timed this wrong haha. Do you think they will be fine in this size for the next 3 weeks until they go in their forever 10 g grow bags ? Pic included
Invest in 1gallon fabric smart pots. They’re reusable, they’ll preserve the tap roots, you won’t be sorry. Amazon Prime. Probably not more than 12 $ for five delivered in a day.

Great job transplanting- I don't think they even noticed,not a droopy leaf in the bunch...:goodjob:
Update pic still inside and getting too large. Moving them outside in 1 week straight into 10 gallon fabric pots. I’ve also planted 4 more which are not getting much light due to the taller plants eek. Hope they hang in a few more days. Also I’m wondering when I’ll be able to tell the genders. No pollen sacks yet

Attachments

• E17B2995-C28C-4AF6-B347-DACB63A7E99E.jpeg
    E17B2995-C28C-4AF6-B347-DACB63A7E99E.jpeg
    701.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 13B8CB5A-EB12-4CF2-9E55-EF6D2AFF80D8.jpeg
    13B8CB5A-EB12-4CF2-9E55-EF6D2AFF80D8.jpeg
    739 KB · Views: 77
Might be awhile before preflowers,they'll probably start to show on the lower nodes...
It'd be nice if they did before the ten gallon pots happen-
Save you a lot of work...but I wouldn't count on it happening before then.

Couldn't you put the shorter ones on boxes, or some such, to raise them nearer the tops of the tall ones?
Good idea, I will have to make some kind of riser. The table these are on is very small but fits right in front of window. I was not anticipating them to grow this fast, I timed it wrong, should have planted like 3 weeks later

Might be awhile before preflowers,they'll probably start to show on the lower nodes...
It'd be nice if they did before the ten gallon pots happen-
Save you a lot of work...but I wouldn't count on it happening before then.
Hmm, why? I really don’t want to put them all in 10 gallons, plus I’m gona give some away once I know which ones are female. So annoying! Lol. Any other indicators you know of?

No,there's no way to know for sure until they tell you.
I thought they were all going into 10 gallons-that'd be a pain if half turned out male-

No,there's no way to know for sure until they tell you.
I thought they were all going into 10 gallons-that'd be a pain if half turned out male-
Well they are, but I wanted to only put the for sure females in the 10 gallons, I had hoped to know prior but I guess not. I don’t even have 16 ten gallon pots to use lol! Good gosh. Plus I wanted the people that are taking some plants to get their own pots haha. 4 of these plants are from female seeds so those for sure are going into the 10 gallons right away. Critical mass strain. Maybe I should get some cheap smaller pots to use in the meantime until I know the genders

I don't think you can do this,but putting them on a 12/12 schedule for a week or 2 will induce flowering-male and female,but then when you go back to a regular lighting schedule, there's about a 2 or 3 week period while they are re-vegging that they won't do much in the way of growing.

I don't think you can do this,but putting them on a 12/12 schedule for a week or 2 will induce flowering-male and female,but then when you go back to a regular lighting schedule, there's about a 2 or 3 week period while they are re-vegging that they won't do much in the way of growing.
Do you suggest this? Or should I just get containers for them all. Currently lights are on from 6am-10pm.

The problem would be that the 12 hour dark period has to be total darkness-any light at all will keep them from flowering.
If you have a spot you could move them to for 12 hours,like a closet or something,then you could do it,but you'd have to do it every day,and stick to a tight schedule.

I got large pots for them all so I don’t have to risk changing the light schedule. I wan
The problem would be that the 12 hour dark period has to be total darkness-any light at all will keep them from flowering.
If you have a spot you could move them to for 12 hours,like a closet or something,then you could do it,but you'd have to do it every day,and stick to a tight schedule.
I got large pots for them all so I don’t risk changing the light schedule. I want to put outside in a week and a half. Would you suggest hardening them like I do my other plants by placing them only in shade for a few days or can I just put in direct sunlight right away you think?

You could put 1 out into the sun a day before the others and see if it handles it ok,
If it does alright,put them all out-It might make a difference if you put them out on
a 70 degree day,or a 90 degree day-if it's real hot,I'd give them all a day in the shade.

You could put 1 out into the sun a day before the others and see if it handles it ok,
If it does alright,put them all out-It might make a difference if you put them out on
a 70 degree day,or a 90 degree day-if it's real hot,I'd give them all a day in the shade.
Ok good idea, will do! Do they look weird to you how they’ve grown so tall with not much leaves at the bottom though?

Back
Top Bottom