Seedling purple leaves?

filthypork

Hey!

Do they look normal? They all have purple stems and are purple underneath the leafs.. this is my first grow and i have no idea if that's normal :scratchinghead:

Strain - 3 plants. 2 of them are th seeds h.a.z.e or mk-ultra, i don't know which one is which as i germinated 4 (2 of both) them in the same glass and one didn't germinate :bump:
Grow Type - Soil, which has low amounts of npk 80/50/220 mg/l
Grow Stage - Vegetative 8th day
Bucket Size - 1 litre
Lights - 2 x 110w led panels (actual draw), 20" from the top leafs
Nutrients - none yet
Room Temperature - 73 when lights off, 77-82 lights on

0052222.jpg
0042345.jpg
0032505.jpg
0022604.jpg
0012685.jpg

Hey Emilya!

Thanks for fast reply, i panicked the color would be some kind of deficiency!

I think its because the lights were 12" from the plants few days ago as i could not find how far away i should keep the led lights.. Still not sure if 20" is too close??

edit: The curly leaf plant has also a little bit of yellowing in one of the baby leafs
0061954.jpg

The baby leaves, the cotyledons, are your canaries in the coal mine. They are the first storehouses of trace minerals, and the first to be cannibalized if troubles are found in early veg. I take it as a matter of pride when my cotyledons are perfectly horizontal and green well into flower, but I don't always accomplish this. Usually most growers will lose the cotyledons early on, and are able to stabilize the plants well before there is a problem. Yours is showing me that because of that leaf damage, probably due to that powerful tuned light being too close in the beginning, a few nutrients were needed by the new growth that the damaged leaf was not able to supply for a short period of time (while it was writhing in agony being sunburned :) ) but since it stopped at the tip, it looks like the problem has been resolved.
From what I have read, 18-20" is about right with a lot of the LED systems... it is very powerful light.

Look up the lift method and be sure to water correctly... you are off to a great start!

Back
Top Bottom