Persistent leaf problem driving me crazy

Reptilian

hi guys im hoping i can pick your brains about some leaf problems im having. the strains are white lemon, early vixen,big bud, great white shark and juicy fruit. all strains are showing some leaf problems. they are planted in pro mix and i give them half strength ph perfect sensi grow a+b and half strength cal mag plus every-time i water which is when they are almost complete;y dried out. only given them the cal mag plus the last 2 feedings. not sure how often to use it. ive had this problem for a while now first i up potted then i got them on the sensi grow because i thought it was nute def of some kind. then the cal mag. they have been under the new 600's( cool tubes) for about 1 week now. they have new growth and seem to be loving the new lights.i only have ph strips for now till my meter gets here but it seems to be somewhere in between 6.2 and 6.8. room temps fluctuate between 77 and 80 when lights are on and drops to 70 when off. humidity fluctuates between 37% and 50%. here are some picks
20160411_153653.jpg
20160411_153657.jpg
20160411_153703.jpg
20160411_153629.jpg

it is even happening to the little ones i have under flourescents getting ready for planting outside in june. i feel like they are missing something but have no idea what. any ideas or suggestions would really be appreciated. if they are sick i want to fix it soon i only plan to veg for 45 days so i cant afford setbacks from sic plants. i bought some prop-o-gator for them today the guys at the hydro shop says it will help them grow a bigger root mass. anyone use this before or know about it bigger roots more fruit... at least thats what im hoping to achieve thanks in advance guys :thumb::peace::allgood:

Are any leaves affected that have not touched the top soil? Is it possible the damage is from nute splash or resting on nute drenched top soil?

I would say it's a lockout from too low of a ph, give em some RO water(ph 7.0)to raise the ph next watering. I use pro~mix and RO water. My watering schedule goes... nutes, water, nutes, water, etc. to keep my ph from going to low.

Hey bud when you say ro water ... distilled water ...is it the same I know it has a ph of 7. I haven't got my pen I ordered yet to test but the strip I have for the pool says it's around 6.2 to 6.5 Ish I would say but the problem with the strip is there is alot of guess work there. I was using distilled water in the beginning but when this first started happening I stopped and started using nutes (sensi grow) which I hadn't been up till then. Now I feed them half strength every time so the food is there. I just watered 6 of the 12 with water I've had sitting out in bucket for 48hr and a full dose of calm ag plusas the other guy suggested because i see lots of purpling of the leaf stems and such.The water here is like 8.2 out of the tap it's crazy. Will distilled water work the same as ro water. My thing is I can't be buying water to feed 40 plants 2 times a week. That gets pricey.

Are any leaves affected that have not touched the top soil? Is it possible the damage is from nute splash or resting on nute drenched top soil?

I thought that at first but removed all bad leaves and have been careful not to splash them. I keep a spray bottle handy and if I do I immediately spray them to wash it off. They pop up all over the plants and I can never seem to get them all some of my little ones that are going outside only have the top 2 leaves on them ... I'm stressed out to say the least

Deanb when you say nutes water nutes water are you doing full strength and I would like to say thanks for taking the time

No, from what I've read distilled water is theoretically a neutral pH of 7.0 but in reality, the distilling process forces the water to interact with elements in the air tha can change the pH to as low as 5.5. That's probably why the problem showed up, using distilled water. Your tap water is high, mines at 8.3 in a country where they say don't drink the water. If you can get a filter on your tap water that would help on costs. The other thing to do is get some ph up/down and adjust your ph that way.

hey guys quick question i am growing in pro mix hp i have been doing a lot of reading tonight looking into my issues i am having. as i said the water i am using is around the 6.2 - 6.6 range according to my ph strips i have been using. i read tonight that when using pro mix you have to treat the ph the same as doing hydro with 5.8-6.0 being ideal for them. is this accurate? i am getting the ph meter and tds meter tomorrow and want to try to get this straightened out. ive been trying to keep the ph of the water going in around 6.3 - 6.5 (as best i can with the strip) so i wanted to ask more experienced people before i start giving them water ph'd for hydro and fack them up more

hey here are a couple picks of the little ones who seem to be suffering from the same thing. they too are planted in promix and are getting the same feeding schedule as the bigger ones. first ones are my great white shark
20160413_000841_1_.jpg
20160413_001243_1_.jpg
20160413_001049_1_.jpg
they have developed this heavy purpling of the leaf stems and purple stripe on the main stalk. which ive read means mag shortage. i dont beleive the purple is from genetics because all of my strains are developing the same thing at varying degrees of severity

20160413_000933_1_.jpg
this one is rogue thunder ... sex to be determined. its lost all of its fan leaves but the top two soon they wont have any leaves the rate its going

Yes. Promix uses the hydro ph range. I grow in sunshine mix and when I started out with it I did a couple grows with another guy who was supposedly quite experienced. He told me that the ph should be around 6.5- 7. I didn't have internet then, and it took ages before I learned otherwise. Late in flowering my plants always looked quite rough. When I lowered the ph things improved greatly. By the time I officially got set straight about this, I had more or less figured it out through trial and error.
I water and feed at around 5.7 generally. Ph creeps up a bit in the root zone. My runoff is usually about 6.7. This gives you the range you need for good nutrient uptake. If I feed below 5.6 I get issues as well.

I dont think you cleaned the peat rocks properly which has now become a root issue.... I would use Epsom Salt (1tsp/per gall) at least 2-3 waterings and see what happens... Also, if you can place those girls outside for a few hours a day... That will clear up your leaf issues..

I dont think you cleaned the peat rocks properly which has now become a root issue.... I would use Epsom Salt (1tsp/per gall) at least 2-3 waterings and see what happens... Also, if you can place those girls outside for a few hours a day... That will clear up your leaf issues..
I'm not sure what you mean by cleaning the peat rocks ... those little pebbles I put on top to stop trenching? The plant have had issues before being put in the big room. I just used aquarium gravel that has been sitting around here for a couple years. They were rinsed under scalding water in a colander before being added. I never even added them until after their first watering was finished so up until I gave then a 2L drink of full strength calm ag plus yesterday water hadn't actually ran down through the stones.the epsom salts is theat for mag issues? Putting them outside is not an option though as it is still quite cold where I am and there are just too many to be placing in all my windows. I live smack dab in the middle of suburbia hell here in the great white north ... I'm sure my neighbors might have something to say about that lol nosey bastards they are. The only thing these guys have been planted in is the promix. I just thought I would add the bigger ones have only been in the room under the big lights for about 5 days.. no wait 6 days counting today

Yes. Promix uses the hydro ph range. I grow in sunshine mix and when I started out with it I did a couple grows with another guy who was supposedly quite experienced. He told me that the ph should be around 6.5- 7. I didn't have internet then, and it took ages before I learned otherwise. Late in flowering my plants always looked quite rough. When I lowered the ph things improved greatly. By the time I officially got set straight about this, I had more or less figured it out through trial and error.
I water and feed at around 5.7 generally. Ph creeps up a bit in the root zone. My runoff is usually about 6.7. This gives you the range you need for good nutrient uptake. If I feed below 5.6 I get issues as well.

Hi so if I just start watering at a lower ph it will take care of itself?I have a 4 in 1 analog tester for the soil when I stick it in it tells me the ph of the mix is roughly 6.1 to 6.5. I have not watered them until water ran out the bottom yet. First feeding at transplant was only 1 gallon of half strength nutes. I didn't want to soak them . My idea was to get the roots looking for water.they did perk up after giving them the full strength calm ag yesterday. I was thinking I would give them somemore properly ph'd water to see if that helps. To be honest my partners and my self have so much invested in this year's outside and indoor crop that I am almost scared to do anything. Last year I started plants inside that went outside in the first week of June and never had any problems at all except for not having enough lol. So this year we went from 13 to 42 and I am having nothing but problems. I am sure their growth is struggling and some of them basically dying slow deaths... if not all of them. The big ones are growing but just have leaf problems but I am pretty sure they could be growing faster. I'm just waiting for the lights to come on so I can go and check on them

I ran promix for my first grow. The NL in my sig. I struggled with pH as well. Like weaselcracker mentioned, water and feed in the hydro pH range.

Back
Top Bottom