Seedling Tops Missing!

Nosillak

First attempt at a grow... I did everything by the book and got 100% germination... planted the seeds indoors in a 1 part organic soil, 2 parts worm castings, & 2 parts perlite. Did fantastic... Checked them at 3 a.m. this morning and the second set of leaves were barely peeking out... Went back at 9 a.m. and ALL of the SEEDLING TOPS were GONE! Ever heard of this? Looked for mice signs and there were none. The stem was still in place, as well as the tap root. I am sick! I read of some other plants describing this and they mentioned "slugs." I searched under magnification and can find nothing. Anyone else ever had this happen?

Do you have any pets? Some cats have a thing for it while some don't. I don't have any experience with bugs and hopefully it stays that way, imagine pics might help those that know more to help you out.

No cats... Most bizarre thing. These seedlings were only 24 hours out of the soil and already showing the second leave under magnification. Really looks like something just pinched the tops off ALL the seeds. No sign of the tops in the soil. Just gone.

Back
Top Bottom