Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Pretty slick man, I like the idea a lot

Thanks for the good words.

I am just bipolar enough so that I DIY 50 percent my entire life.

I'll attach more stuff as I can perfect them. My DIY prototypes are usually way too rough for the world to see. ‍

I have a crude water level indicator to make lifting the plant to look inside the bucket unnecessary (I nearly broke my good plant lifting it and bumping the grow light.

Thanks for the good words.

I am just bipolar enough so that I DIY 50 percent my entire life.

I'll attach more stuff as I can perfect them. My DIY prototypes are usually way too rough for the world to see. ‍

I have a crude water level indicator to make lifting the plant to look inside the bucket unnecessary (I nearly broke my good plant lifting it and bumping the grow light.
Ughhh, don’t remind me, I broke the top of a plant or 2 when I was doing DWC switching buckets, I had an extra 5 gallon pale and I would clean that then do my nutrients, switch one plant into that bucket then dump and clean the bucket that plant was just in and repeat, I had 8 plants and did this once a week... messy and back breaking to say the least, I’m glad I switched to undercurrent because with having the pump inline I have a valve and a drain hose to be able to pump the system, and my resivoir I prepare my nutrients in has a pump to aerate the water as wall as pump it to the different stations it has to go to (clone, veg, flower, or waste((yes lots of valves and “y” adapters)) I’ve gotten lots smarter about it over the years haha. I’m a huge DIYer myself, my next project is figuring a way to seal off my grow lights and eliminate the fans in them and add ducts to make it passthru soo I can circulate outside air thru them and back outside to keep the heat from the lights out of the room, in hopes of possibly even eliminating my need for A/C

Looks like you've done some inventing of your own.

Believe this or not. My very first setup was a failed bottom circulation with 3 baskets in a 45 gallon bin. With holes on the flat bottoms and a hose to each other with a pump but it was nearly impossible to get the water out so that was abandoned before I ever germinated a seed.

Just plain black 5 gallon buckets from home depot and nothing but an airstone underneath each. Home depo also has a 5 gallon size caddy with wheels called a Homer Slider. So this will allow for the buckets to to ne wheeled around without my OLD bad shoulders getting strained. Just roll it to the bathtub and dump!!!

I don't know if you've seen my rocky starter plant but I screwed it up so badly that at going on 10 weeks and it's still only 5 inches tall in 9 weeks but beneath the short canopy is a flurry of secondary growth. These are likely gonna be the stems that will flower. I'll be really happy with it if she just delivers 1 oz total.

However, my second plant is growing like a "WEED". 7 inches high in 4 weeks.

I tested the water that's been purifying for only about 5 hours and it tested at 127 ppm. I'll test it again in the morning and see if it's any lower.

From 5 inches to 7 inches WOW. They'll be much happier when I give them PURE CLEAR water and proper nut nutrients tomorrow.

Here's a pic of my Killer Nuke from 4 days ago and one now today...

20190326_211925.jpg
20190328_220825.jpg

Attachments

• 20190328_220246.jpg
    20190328_220246.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20190327_163117.jpg
    20190327_163117.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190326_211817.jpg
    20190326_211817.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 108
Looks like you've done some inventing of your own.

Believe this or not. My very first setup was a failed bottom circulation with 3 baskets in a 45 gallon bin. With holes on the flat bottoms and a hose to each other with a pump but it was nearly impossible to get the water out so that was abandoned before I ever germinated a seed.

Just plain black 5 gallon buckets from home depot and nothing but an airstone underneath each. Home depo also has a 5 gallon size caddy with wheels called a Homer Slider. So this will allow for the buckets to to ne wheeled around without my OLD bad shoulders getting strained. Just roll it to the bathtub and dump!!!

I don't know if you've seen my rocky starter plant but I screwed it up so badly that at going on 10 weeks and it's still only 5 inches tall in 9 weeks but beneath the short canopy is a flurry of secondary growth. These are likely gonna be the stems that will flower. I'll be really happy with it if she just delivers 1 oz total.

However, my second plant is growing like a "WEED". 7 inches high in 4 weeks.

I tested the water that's been purifying for only about 5 hours and it tested at 127 ppm. I'll test it again in the morning and see if it's any lower.

From 5 inches to 7 inches WOW. They'll be much happier when I give them PURE CLEAR water and proper nut nutrients tomorrow.
I have done my fair share soo far in my young years on this earth (27) with lots of good, and...... bad ideas haha. But you can’t have the good ones without bad ones to work on sometimes. I work on cars for a living soo having to come up with solutions for weird problems is always a constant battle. We sell tractors as well and I have actually gotten the chance to work directly with the engineers from Korea when they were here to fix a cold start issue and computers were throwing a ghost code for something that wasn’t even happening, which I thought was pretty cool to have the opportunity to do.. I love DIY a little too much sometimes and try to cut no corners which usually makes some stuff too expensive for me to try to do. But as we progress, we will get there..

Your little rocky plant doesn’t look too bad overall though, considering what you two have gone thru together, she’s doing pretty good and may surprise you in the end, they stretch a lot more than most people expect when you switch your light cycle, I can’t wait to be at that stage of growth with my gals, this stage is such a slow and boring point

Attachments

• 8B9DEC7D-E039-4E94-92B1-750E07D63FD2.jpeg
    8B9DEC7D-E039-4E94-92B1-750E07D63FD2.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 107
  • A4EBA991-EBF8-454D-9A25-A78E72DB7034.jpeg
    A4EBA991-EBF8-454D-9A25-A78E72DB7034.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 107
What media are the seeds growing in, and Are you using topfed hydro? Because that's what stunted my little plant, too much water in my rockwool that basically confused and drowned my Gelato roots. It had roots growing out every direction except down.

In here I was turned on to Bubbleponics by Chris Scorpio and I am really grateful for it because I was inches away from killing my last seed.

So I initially wet down a 4x4 rockwool and a jiffy peat pod then stuffed the wet peat into the rockwool hole, then just put the germinated seed 1 inch directly into the jiffy peat, and dropped the 6 inch basket and placed it in the bucket with bubbly water 2 inches below the basket and let her alone an it was 3 inches tall almost overnight. After about 10 days it was blowing up...

Thanks 420 for being so patient and helpful......

What media are the seeds growing in, and Are you using topfed hydro? Because that's what stunted my little plant, too much water in my rockwool that basically confused and drowned my Gelato roots. It had roots growing out every direction except down.

In here I was turned on to Bubbleponics by Chris Scorpio and I am really grateful for it because I was inches away from killing my last seed.

So I initially wet down a 4x4 rockwool and a jiffy peat pod then stuffed the wet peat into the rockwool hole, then just put the germinated seed 1 inch directly into the jiffy peat, and dropped the 6 inch basket and placed it in the bucket with bubbly water 2 inches below the basket and let her alone an it was 3 inches tall almost overnight. After about 10 days it was blowing up...

Thanks 420 for being so patient and helpful......
I’m using hydroton clay pebbles, I fill my basket then I fill the system up with water to determine my water height, with the clay pebbles I fill the water halfway up the baskets, and then I turn my air pump on to figure out how much the waters going to bubble because the seeds can move around very easily, and I very gently (and nervously) set the seed on top of 3 pebbles I place to cradle the seed and I’ve had to date a 100% germ rate this way, when I started these 4 ladies up they all had taproots in less than 18 hours, and they all shed their shell within 48 hours, I’m just now at 2 weeks from when I put the seeds on the pebbles, and their starting their 2nd set of leaves, I’m pretty happy with that. I leave them under 24 hour light for the first couple weeks to jumpstart things and has been a good recipe for me the last few grows, just gotta wait for them to get big enough to take clones hopefully early enough to get outside and have some monsters this fall. Which reminds me I need to scrub my cloner down from its last use....

PS

The the little plant is the only seed out of 5 bought from England that successfully germinated in the wet paper towel method (distilled water) they took 8 days just to crack and that's as far as they went. Thankfully they refunded my money but after a load of arguing (how can we bring business communications down to the level of arguing with nothing but the alphabet on a smartphone?)

PPS

This forum is vast and so far i haven't been out of this room. They are even getting me to understand nutrients even SPECIFIC to my nutrients on hand and what to buy next payday.

I just tested the new batch of water and it actually showed 97 ppm. Next batch is going to run for 2 days with twice the activated charcoal packs. Im discovering that this brand of carbon packs because it's leeching a powder like carbon particulates so I'm filtering them out passing the water through a terry cloth inside a sive.

Replaced the water with my purifier delivering a consistant 95/97 ppm.

Replaced the nutrients same as I was instructed after balancing the PH my nutes are 425 and 454 respectively. Is this within range?

If so, I'm hoping that this course is gonna be consistent.

Now I have slight browning on both plants andi pruned the bad fan leaves to let the healthy onse take over those nutrients. I measured the nutrients out (GH Grow) just as instructed 2 days ago and again today I'm finding it easier to use metrics because of the tiny amounts needed and my 1oz medication cups have ml marks and I can avoid translating.

3/4 tsp per gallon (I believe is 3.7ml) times gallon amount. Luckily I can still understand a calculator

Thanks ever so much. Now I can finally breathe with some relief and satisfaction. I am now keeping log entries with each daily testing.

My older plant is going into the 10th week. I know It's small but at what age should I use the flowering light setting?

Can't recall if it's feminized, autoflowering or both. It's a strain called Gelato.

This morning I put fresh water (97ppm) and put in new nutes. (3 gallon pot) I went light with 10ml HP Grow. The same with the 2 gallon pot, i went light with 7.4ml. I hope my math is right.

I got home this evening and both plants had bug leaves browning and drooping alot. Gonna start over with half the nutrients this time.

Seems like I could screw up a bowl of cereal...

The bottom picture is the 4 week old plant. The itty-bitty one is 9 weeks.

Attachments

• 20190329_213042.jpg
    20190329_213042.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190329_212811.jpg
    20190329_212811.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20190329_213711.jpg
    20190329_213711.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom