Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Im using a 1000w led 12" x 9" with (veg and bloom switces). I paid $110 on Amazon but i can get it again for $89ish

These are the nutrients that are left in my kit.

Majical done 1/4 oz left
BC grow done 1/3 bottle left

BC boost leaked, none left.
BC Boost is gone
Magical is gone
Sugar Daddy is gone
Thrive Alive B1 Red is gone.

I'm left with
Root 66 full 8.45oz
Thrive Alive B1 Green full 4.25oz
Awesom Blossoms full 4.3oz
BC Grow about 5oz left .
Cloning gel full 0.25 oz.

If Technaflora is better than FloraGro is i can get that but I'll be around here for reassurance about what mix and amount per-gallon.

If you prefer FloraGro I can go that way too. I'll get back tomorrow with my full shopping list Whatever fits my budget.

Im definitely buying food (for myself) with this months payday

[QUOTE="Pennywise, post: 4397217,
member: 263335"
I eat a lot of Ramen, once a month I treat myself to Top Ramen! :slide:
[/QUOTE]

I'd say you can hold off a bit on a light

I'd get some nutes

I'm a fan of General Hydroponic nutes

So if that Floranova Bloom is full, get the Floranova Grow

Looks like a pretty simple system

Also get the Calimagic

That's only like $30, so maybe even some canned corn with yer Ramen

Lol

Well I just engineered an activated charcoal water filter. Pumping the water up through a 10 inch basket with the water pouring through large aquarium filter type charcoal pouches (C series filters).. In a couple days I'll be able to tell if my water is getting any better.

With the current bad water and good nutrients, how can I tell if the nutrients need a booster shot?

The older plant is always 5 times faster at fouling out the reservoir. Im praying that it works and I can relax about that pain in the arse problem.

Ya'll have given me a lot to think about. My thoughts sometimes are as fleeting as a ghost and I have to switch channels for a while. See ya'll in a day or two.

I'd say you can hold off a bit on a light

I'd get some nutes

I'm a fan of General Hydroponic nutes

So if that Floranova Bloom is full, get the Floranova Grow

Looks like a pretty simple system

Also get the Calimagic

That's only like $30, so maybe even some canned corn with yer Ramen.

Lol

I just eat more rice than an entire chinese village supplemented with whatevers on hand.

I'm still buying the nutrients AND the light because of the difference in distance between the lights and the plants. I can boost the bucket up only so far to give the same light to both plants.

Since I am adding at least 3 more plants next month, I'll probably need that light. I think I can use Hefty Construction bags to divide one stage growth from the newer plants. And I don't want to be caught $ short later on and not be able to get another light.

I've already figured out how to join up to 3 lights (daisy chain) so I don't need extra hanging ropes or tackle.

I am suffering from a surgically bad shoulder so my archery days are over and I'm selling everything archery (I still have my fishing to get me outdoors) and putting the money into my grow.

This is what’s currently in my arsenal for nutes and water treatment, I use clonex for seedlings, the bottle of grow is for veg which I only use grow and balance PH for veg, a couple drops of Clorox if temps get high, during the transition stage to flower I start adding hydroplex and sweet berry in low doses then when I switch over to the bloom formula I up how much hydroplex and sweet berry I use. Botanicare has a calculator on their website for figuring out your PPMs and tells you how much of each product to add. Not saying you need to run what I have but I went from general hydroponics flora nova 1 part to these and the difference has been night and day for me, with buildup being the most beneficial and the difference in plant growth was noticed practically over night

This is what’s currently in my arsenal for nutes and water treatment, I use clonex for seedlings, the bottle of grow is for veg which I only use grow and balance PH for veg, a couple drops of Clorox if temps get high, during the transition stage to flower I start adding hydroplex and sweet berry in low doses then when I switch over to the bloom formula I up how much hydroplex and sweet berry I use. Botanicare has a calculator on their website for figuring out your PPMs and tells you how much of each product to add. Not saying you need to run what I have but I went from general hydroponics flora nova 1 part to these and the difference has been night and day for me, with buildup being the most beneficial and the difference in plant growth was noticed practically over night

Attachments

• A5A9A385-CE7C-454C-88DB-90A086549286.jpeg
    A5A9A385-CE7C-454C-88DB-90A086549286.jpeg
    469.3 KB · Views: 112
Welcome and thank you for protecting my American Freedom.
Since I know nothing about hydro grow, I'm just going to pull up a couch and learn something.

Wick :popcorn:

Welcome and thank you for protecting my American Freedom.
Since I know nothing about hydro grow, I'm just going to pull up a couch and learn something.

Wick :popcorn:
What do u mean by that??

Well I really don't think you need to answer this question now. I asked because my city water supply is over 600ppm. And testing the ppm after adding nutrients is at or over that and it throws off the daily test results. No way to know if the water has harmful chemicals or good nutrients!

Yesterday I devised a simple water filter/purifier by simply flowing the water through 2 bags activated charcoal aquarium filter packs.

IT REALLY WORKS!!!

Running water overnight, my ppm's (without chemicals) dropped down to 125ppm. Now I can get better tuned in to the actual health of my water and the mineral levels. And now your advice can also be better informative. Now to test if I can get it even lower.

Yeah! Free purified water nearly equal to distilled... COST= for me, $12.

Ps.
I'll try to make a diy video in case there's another ME out there that's just as poor or just frugal as I.

Sometimes I think for days in order to scuttle the corporate profit system.

You can run a product called purigen along with your charcoal, it will make it last much longer. Purigen is a rechargeable polymer that takes up huge amounts of organics.

I'll happily put Purigen in my Amazon list for future consideration.

Hey there PENNYWISE;

For now I'm excited as hell to have this little "PENNYWISE " filtration system. ‍

Well I really don't think you need to answer this question now. I asked because my city water supply is over 600ppm. And testing the ppm after adding nutrients is at or over that and it throws off the daily test results. No way to know if the water has harmful chemicals or good nutrients!

Yesterday I devised a simple water filter/purifier by simply flowing the water through 2 bags activated charcoal aquarium filter packs.

IT REALLY WORKS!!!

Running water overnight, my ppm's (without chemicals) dropped down to 125ppm. Now I can get better tuned in to the actual health of my water and the mineral levels. And now your advice can also be better informative. Now to test if I can get it even lower.

Yeah! Free purified water nearly equal to distilled... COST= for me, $12.
Glad to hear your DIY filter is working for you, gunna have to set up a second one for your drinking water, unless your drinking bottled already in which case is probably better for you. You’ll be able to dial your nutes in much easier now. I think I may have to give this a try, my water is around 170 ppm and a ph of 7.2... if I could get that even lower to be able to add more nutes, hell yeahh I’m all about it haha

Ps.
I'll try to make a diy video in case there's another ME out there that's just as poor or just frugal as I.

Sometimes I think for days in order to scuttle the corporate profit system.
I think you should mate there's literally like half the population of growers are In the same boat. Good thinking batman!

This filter didn't affect the ph. I'll let it run for 2 or 4 days to see.

After 64 years of city (sewer) water think I would suffer from poison withdrawals. lol.

When I'm not high, my manicy mind takes me to my penny pinching creativity just to see if I can either make something cheaper or just trying to invent something.

Are there any reallly tall buckets that fits my hydro baskets? Like maybe 8 or 10 gallons? (to use with my purifier). I hope I won't need to glue 2 buckets together otherwise I'll need to come across another res for the purifier. My 45 gallon bin could work but I'd need to set it up in my spare room where my grandkids sleep when they visit.

After I make my skid row, diy video, I'll be searching for a tutorial on how to share it on YouTube.

This filter didn't affect the ph. I'll let it run for 2 or 4 days to see.

After 64 years of city (sewer) water think I would suffer from poison withdrawals. lol.

When I'm not high, my manicy mind takes me to my penny pinching creativity just to see if I can either make something cheaper or just trying to invent something.

Are there any reallly tall buckets that fits my hydro baskets? Like maybe 8 or 10 gallons? (to use with my purifier). I hope I won't need to glue 2 buckets together otherwise I'll need to come across another res for the purifier. My 45 gallon bin could work but I'd need to set it up in my spare room where my grandkids sleep when they visit.

After I make my skid row, diy video, I'll be searching for a tutorial on how to share it on YouTube.
Try a pedestal bin for the kitchen mate. 80-100 litres and no wider than a 20L bucket. Get one for a tenner out any home bargain store.

Can you guys drink that water? This always confuses me. If you can drink it how come a plant can't? It's mostly calmag that tends to be in it too so it could even be useful at full strength.
The amount of people I see using ro water pumped full of calmag confuses the hell out of me. Why not just use regular water and save the hassle?

I should have given you my screen name

I go by warezaholic on the internet...

Im trying to have a video to put on YouTube describing my DIY water purifier..

Back
Top Bottom