Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Isn't anyone talking to me anymore?

I calculated the nutes and the next morning all the leaves were DROOPING A LOT. I chaged 3/4 of the water and adjusted the ph and left them alone overnight and they bounced right back.

For now I'm being extremely careful with the nutrients (like 1/2 ml

Especially at this stage where the roots are still young and few?

I'm wanting to know if my 9 week old dwarf Gelato is ever going to be ready to flower because it's barely 6 inches tall nowadays, it barely grows 2mm a week and the secondary growth at the base of each fan leaf is getting busy but tiny'ish.

Are these the branches that are gonna turn to buds?

Here she is
20190329_213042.jpg

I calculated the nutes and the next morning all the leaves were DROOPING A LOT. I chaged 3/4 of the water and adjusted the ph and left them alone overnight and they bounced right back.

Sorry mate, been dealing with a few

things at home myself between family and my own room, sitting here changing our nutrients as we speak actually, I had to go to the hydro store today and pick up some cal mag as I was starting to see a deficiency, catching it early. Your girl looks happy but I agree is a little on the short side for her age, what are you running for a light and how far away from the plants is it? Maybe try raising it up a little bit if possible to force the plant to stretch?

I wasn't serious.

I'm just a bit chatty when I get bored. It's 1 am here and my meds are kicking in.

Where are you based at?

I wasn't serious.

I'm just a bit chatty when I get bored. It's 1 am here and my meds are kicking in.

Where are you based at?
Understandable, I’m in central/northern Maine, 2:10 a.m. here. Kiddos have been down since 9:30 and me and the ol lady have been cleaning up the house and I just got done flushing out my ladies soo I could add in my cal mag, adjusting everything up before dinner and need to update my 420 journal as well, my handwritten one I do as I go along

Just keeping 2 written logbooks. One for my hydroponic journey and now too, a daily record of water quality and conditioning. Yesterday the water was identical at bedtime as it in a.m.

Plant 1- 283/6.2 Plant 2- 199/6.3

It was new water so I didn't add chems until after this morning's test.

Since I don't have any PH down, I simply put a pinch of baking soda.

Q= what would you consider an optimal nutrient level?

Whereas you have had some issues with your plants I would run them on the low side like Pennywise advised. Are you using RO water PW? Myself personally I’m starting with water at a ppm of 170-180. I’m in the beginning of second week of veg, third week from seed. Last week I accidentally mixed my nutes to a little over 800, the plants didn’t seem to mind it or I would have diluted the res by draining and topping off. This week I just added in calmag to my arsenal as I was getting a slight deficiency starting, and mixed everything up to 1000ppm, PHd to 5.7 and that was at 2:30 this morning, tonight I’ll probably throw the timer on the light to start giving them some rest, or they may get another week of 24 hour light :hmmmm: we’ll see... as suggested in your case though Warezaholic, stick with the lower numbers for now

Just keeping 2 written logbooks. One for my hydroponic journey and now too, a daily record of water quality and conditioning. Yesterday the water was identical at bedtime as it in a.m.

Plant 1- 283/6.2 Plant 2- 199/6.3

It was new water so I didn't add chems until after this morning's test.

Since I don't have any PH down, I simply put a pinch of baking soda.

Q= what would you consider an optimal nutrient level?
The optimum level is whatever it takes to keep the ppm steady as the plant feeds.
If the ppm rises the mix is getting stronger. If it drops more than a little it's not strong enough. Want to keep it just dropping a little from day to day. That's the sweet spot that will give you the happiest plant.

Thanks Pennywise and Camaro,

No way can I waste money on buying and installing a RO and my tap is 800 PH so I created a DIY water purifier that removes the junk and leaves the water at under 100 ppm. I made a simple 5 minute video for YouTube that's going to updated soon as I tweek the apparatus. However it don't affect the PH.

I was aiming for 400 nutrients! And this morning's round of testing and adjustment- are well within 400.

300-500 ppm veg
700-1000ppm flower
I start on the low side early in veg and flower and gradually increase ppm.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was assuming it was 350/400 so I'm safe. Whew! Glad that I wasn't aiming too high there. Last time I looked up nutrient levels it advised UNDER 200

Do you recall my dwarf 10 week old Gelato (growing no more than 1-2 mm a week. It's so pitiful, maybe I should call in a "ganja paramedic"

I'm anxious to get her done and stop wasting space and work for something with little or no hope of a fruitful outcome. Im trying to figure out these led's and how to use the 2 switches veg, .

Have you ever seen Finding Dory? Well,

So I just have them both under full spectrum since I installed the 1000w led grow.

And tomorrow I'm ordering light 2 so I can give each plant their appropriate light setting also for my next 3 plants. I can buy another light per month for a total of 3 or 4.

Thus far I've had it on full spectrum because finding anything on Google these days is like the seagull scene in Finding Dory, with a thousand of them all shouting- mine, mine mine, mine (I'm not hearing voices) just all of them with their own agendas and different advice and I'm glad I ended up here and not some elaborate tangled up sites like

That's a pretty snazzy filter you made there.

I'm thinking of making a sand and charcoal filter. They last quite a while and make your carbon go a lot further as well. They look like this...

I think i have everything except the spout and maybe another bucket lid. I'd do dark buckets though.

I'm definitely NOT getting any fun from this plant. To me it's one of my major screwups. I'm wise to know I'm going to lucky if she produces under an oz.

At her age (seedling transplanted on 1/18) and refusing to grow but any more than 2mm oer week (if that) so, when would be time to let it go to flowering stage even though it is only under 7 inches tall. I feel like Sisyphus trying to push the boulder up a mountain.

That's a pretty snazzy filter you made there.

I'm thinking of making a sand and charcoal filter. They last quite a while and make your carbon go a lot further as well. They look like this...

I think i have everything except the spout and maybe another bucket lid. I'd do dark buckets though.

Thanks, does the sand do anything to lower the PH? I've been looking around for sme way to improve it and buffer the PH too...

I've been searching around for something I can combine in my filter to do just that but "Gluegle" keeps geting stuck on nothing but chemicals.

Wouldn't be great if PH down is is a once a year purchase?

I forgot to mention in my video to put a coffee filter under the carbon layers for less micro carbon particulates leaching through and settling to the bottom (Not that they're harmful).

I'm definitely NOT getting any fun from this plant. To me it's one of my major screwups. I'm wise to know I'm going to lucky if she produces under an oz.

At her age (seedling transplanted on 1/18) and refusing to grow but any more than 2mm oer week (if that) so, when would be time to let it go to flowering stage even though it is only under 7 inches tall. I feel like Sisyphus trying to push the boulder up a mountain.
If it’s not taking up too much space in your flower area, throw it in with your other plant and switch the light and let it grow out, it will stretch some, and you’ll get something off it at least

Back
Top Bottom