Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Thanks, does the sand do anything to lower the PH? I've been looking around for sme way to improve it and buffer the PH too...

I've been searching around for something I can combine in my filter to do just that but "Gluegle" keeps geting stuck on nothing but chemicals.

Wouldn't be great if PH down is is a once a year purchase?

I forgot to mention in my video to put a coffee filter under the carbon layers for less micro carbon particulates leaching through and settling to the bottom (Not that they're harmful).
My bottle of ph down and ph up have both lasted me over a year each, up lasts me 2-3 years but I replace it every 2, it’s only $10 a bottle for me soo I just get it when its needed I’ll plan for it a week ahead.. I need to start investing in silica and some other nutrients I’ve been lacking in my grows, it was a big step up for me to add calmag to my shelf :rofl:

Pure silica sand has a neutral pH of 7. Playground sand can have all sorts of crud mixed in so pH will vary from bag to bag. I use white silica pool filter sand in my aquariums and I have a bunch left over. I got it at ACE hardware or Home Depot.

PHing water can stink. The more you do it the easier it is.

White Oak or Catappa leaves are used in aquariums and aquaponics to naturally lower the pH. I would read up on it quite a bit though. I've seen a reference for someone using it in hydro. But I think I only came up with a hit or two in the entire Googleverse. I haven't used them for anything other than keeping Betta fish.

If I build this filter I can try putting some white oak in the reservoir and test it out. I wouldn't want to put them in the filter itself, I think it would foul it up. It would be easier to just add the dry oak leaves to bottom to make them easier to switch out.

Thanks for reminding me, I understand the sand thing in filters because in both my pool and aquarium but read that sand and stone substrate actually raises PH but I just discovered that PEAT MOSS can lower the PH in aquatic environments so I'll attempt to create a pouch of real peat moss to give it a try.

My bottle of ph down and ph up have both lasted me over a year each, up lasts me 2-3 years but I replace it every 2, it’s only $10 a bottle for me soo I just get it when its needed I’ll plan for it a week ahead.. I need to start investing in silica and some other nutrients I’ve been lacking in my grows, it was a big step up for me to add calmag to my shelf :rofl:

CalMag is in my Amazon shopping cart as well as another led grow light.

Im looking for someone to buy my archery gear since it gave me a bad shoulder. I and can put that money into my grow.

Thanks for reminding me, I understand the sand thing in filters because in both my pool and aquarium but read that sand and stone substrate actually raises PH but I just discovered that PEAT MOSS can lower the PH in aquatic environments so I'll attempt to create a pouch of real peat moss to give it a try.

I just read that peices of driftwood can slowly lower PH (as it does for aquariums). That sounds much cleaner than ordinary peat moss (dirt) which is cool for soil growing but not for hydroponics.

I'm contacting the local pet supplies for pricing and searching the online shopping venue too. I wouldn't mind if my plants got lowered ph naturally. Then maybe less testing and chemical adjustments. I guess the wood absorbs the alkalinity.

That's a pretty snazzy filter you made there.

I'm thinking of making a sand and charcoal filter. They last quite a while and make your carbon go a lot further as well. They look like this...

I think i have everything except the spout and maybe another bucket lid. I'd do dark buckets though.

Try a large cooking pot lid (was 20190331_160052.jpgmy choice)
That's a pretty snazzy filter you made there.

I'm thinking of making a sand and charcoal filter. They last quite a while and make your carbon go a lot further as well. They look like this...

I think i have everything except the spout and maybe another bucket lid. I'd do dark buckets though.
A 6ft pipe cost me under 3$ at Ace . I was attempting to create a 45 gallon res but changed up to buckets for expedient water changes which is why I had the parts to come up with this. Im actually kinda pleased with the crazy thing every batchis a constant 97 ppm, (if I didn't have 2 bad shoulders, I would pat myself on the back! LOL..

My bucket lid is a large cooking pot lid or you can use a big serving plate (only needed to curb evaporation. For this resivoir system it don't matter if it's light proof unless it sits for too long with pump turned off.

Im updating my video because I forgot to include a coffee filter underneath the carbon bags, Im even using this to make and store drinking water I just run it through a sive and a second coffee filter. (Too many cat hairs floating around here)..

This filter (as is) only removes most of fisolved solids down to 97ppm but does little for ph. I discovered that driftwood in the water helps with the phi guess it absorbs the alkalinity. And it was suggest that I find Malaysian Driftwood.

20190331_160052.jpg

I would leave it in chunks. If you get chips it will be harder to add/ remove if the pH is too low. You will pay less for small chunks rather than a big piece. Some of the big ones go for $100 and up. Small pieces will only be a few bucks.

This is how. On Amazon these are really cheap and can hold activated charcoal and the presoaked wood chips.

SLSON

SLSON 12 Pcs Aquarium Filter Bag Nylon Media Mesh Bags Reusable Net Bags with Plastic Zipper

Someone here mentioned a beneficial enzyme rooting formula but I can't remember the name. If it's cheap enough, I may be able to get some.

:rofl::headbanger: I do believe you should slow down a tiny bit as well, it’s nice to do as much research as possible but we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves bud. As far as the rooting enzyme I use clonex for clones, seedlings and small plants with small roots

Tonight I would like to order the next batch of seeds and can you advise what strains have the most THC $ can buy IN the USA market? I have a history with Nuke Heads but they're web site is not showing the THC of each strain. Im a world class pain patient, I mean BIG PAIN (broken back).

I want to keep my money in the USA. Not overseas please.

The more I read about it using the wood or leaves is a real gamble. I'd stick with something with a little more experience behind it.
If it were me ,I would get a couple of successful grows behind me before I started playing around with this stuff. There just isn't enough info. You would be completely in your own and I see no guarantees that it works.

Tonight I would like to order the next batch of seeds and can you advise what strains have the most THC $ can buy IN the USA market? I have a history with Nuke Heads but they're web site is not showing the THC of each strain. Im a world class pain patient, I mean BIG PAIN (broken back).

I want to keep my money in the USA. Not overseas please.
I can’t suggest any banks to buy from as I’ve bounced around my entire grow career almost never running strains from the same company twice but I must say I’m having really good luck with my seeds from G13 labs currently and 1 from Barney’s farm.. best suggestion is check out our sponsors, they have been bought by many members and they wouldn’t be allowed to still be here if they sucked lol.. I currently have triple cheese going in with my mother’s and that’s supposed to be a good yielder I’ve heard. It may be worth reaching out to one of the sponsors to see their recommendations for your specific needs cause everyone will have their own opinion on what’s going to work for you

As I understand it, Malaysian driftwood or any true driftwood, is not harmful to aquatic uses since aquariums have delicate life forms Its touted to naturally reduce the PH by absorbing alkalinity. Im willing to give it a try. I want to chip it down to small peices and put it in floow through aquarium bags and incorporate it into my purifier. Time will tell...

It releases tannins into the water it doesn't absorb alkalinity. Tannins are naturally occurring acids and sugars. Think of it more as a tea.

While I’m not one to suggest where to buy from, I will suggest Jack Herer, I have personally grown it and loved the strain as did everyone that tried what I grew, it was a very smooth taste and had a strong high but it wasn’t overwhelming, no couchlock it was a very uplifting high actually, and lasted me 2-3 hours depending how much I had smoked and with how many people were in on the smoke sesh. I consider that a long time for myself as I have a very high tolerance and have been smoking for about 14 years now. Anything that lasts over an hour is a winner for me. This was my jack that I grew from greenhouse seed co.. the sugar leaves made for some amazing butter as well, was a little over powering for those with lower tolerances (sorry guys :hmmmm:o_O)

Attachments

• 6CB9EFC4-CEFF-45E8-96A5-EBF78C70FEE7.jpeg
    6CB9EFC4-CEFF-45E8-96A5-EBF78C70FEE7.jpeg
    797.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 27EF3C44-C300-4E5C-AE3F-082E4201A14D.jpeg
    27EF3C44-C300-4E5C-AE3F-082E4201A14D.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 109
  • A0225F59-B56E-44B1-A77D-0ACB895D808A.jpeg
    A0225F59-B56E-44B1-A77D-0ACB895D808A.jpeg
    552 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom