Setup for 1kg of dried bud

Autofacade

Hi everyone. Know this is a common question. But here goes. My target is to hit over 1kg dried bud per 3-4months.
Growing organic soil, indoors.
Trying to keep power consumptiom down if possible.
I have a 1.5mx2m grow tent 2m tall, in an outhouse that is fully insulated. What equipment am i going to need? I know the basics but im looking at the fine tune.
What ive listed so far:

2x 600w hps with adjustable digital balasts
Extraction fan from outside in.
Extraction fan with carbon filter out.
Oscilating fan
De-humidifier
C02 bags
Will i need a heater For when lights off? m in the uk or will the hps keep room enough? And having air coming in from outside will this chill my tent down too much?

Any help would be great. Ultimate goal over 1kg dried buds. 6 plants. 3-4months

Think a lot of people would be happy with that...lol

Honestly skill in growing is the most important part of yer plan

Ultimately you want heat around 70-75 deg, probably above 60 at night, so that's something you will need to dial in, nights in winter for sure
If a very tight space, good airflow will be a good idea too

Specifically, you will need seeds, soil, probably some perilite (depending on the soil) or if you are going organic soil and not doing store bought, then there are several recipes out there. You will also need some flower pots of different sizes, some basic grooming sissors for later and I would suggest Megacrop (notice the big free sample on the link) as your nute mix because it is kinda like the miracle grow for tomatoe plants, (just a little bit in the water and almost all of your nutrition issues are handled) and the dehumidifier will generate some heat (mine does) and the co2 packets I have read that most people find them to be a waste of money, you can usually find a couple places to safely burn a small candle and do the same thing. Probably a few more small items that will come in handy later like string, stakes, and jars for putting away the cured bud, but most of that is later on in the grow.

Think a lot of people would be happy with that...lol

Honestly skill in growing is the most important part of yer plan

Ultimately you want heat around 70-75 deg, probably above 60 at night, so that's something you will need to dial in, nights in winter for sure
If a very tight space, good airflow will be a good idea too
Sounds good to me! Any idea best root with the air I was thinking of putting a heater with the inline fan that's bringing air in to take the chill off of the air

Specifically, you will need seeds, soil, probably some perilite (depending on the soil) or if you are going organic soil and not doing store bought, then there are several recipes out there. You will also need some flower pots of different sizes, some basic grooming sissors for later and I would suggest Megacrop (notice the big free sample on the link) as your nute mix because it is kinda like the miracle grow for tomatoe plants, (just a little bit in the water and almost all of your nutrition issues are handled) and the dehumidifier will generate some heat (mine does) and the co2 packets I have read that most people find them to be a waste of money, you can usually find a couple places to safely burn a small candle and do the same thing. Probably a few more small items that will come in handy later like string, stakes, and jars for putting away the cured bud, but most of that is later on in the grow.
Hey man awesome tips on there and the list is pretty much what I get anyways. The basics I.e. growing media and all that I've got locked down it's just the bolt on parts around it I'm trying to dial in

Unless your winter temperatures get very cold your two Hps lights should heat that space easily. During lights out you do not need to bring any fresh/cold air in, and if the room is well insulated then all should be fine for the night. If humidity is a problem then run dehumidifier during lights out and that will provide some heat as well as solving the humidity issues during lights off - which is the time when Rh tends to peak.

I’d skip the co2 bags unless you just have extra time on your hands to fuss around.

I would look into sog style of growing, I have a 1.5x1.5 16 plants from clones and yield anywhere between 32 and 40 ounces every 10 week in soil, the plants are smaller with less veg time but its a quicker turn around, I have a couple of phenos that are yielding over 3oz a plant even with the short veg time and the tent will be full of these soon but its a long process but will pay off.
You will need quite a long veg time to fill your space with 6 plants and longer veg time = bigger electricity bills. If its your first grow I would concentrate on getting your environment dialled in and sort out any teething problems and go from there. All the best and remember there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Doing the math - for that type of yield and only 6 plants
the old math says about 12-13 oz per plant.

Doable with the right genetics, BUT you wont have enough light or enough space.

Up your plant count to 12 plants and up your space to say a 10x10. Then you might be getting a little closer to your goal.

I've been growing indoors for a while and I rarely get a 12 oz plant and when I do it usually takes up 2x the space of the rest of my plants that are say 4-6 zips.

We talking dry trimmed flower weight cause thats the only thing that goes onto my scale. Nothing else really matters.

Best to focus on your growing technique and get a few plants going.

Focusing on dry weight before plants in the ground is putting cart before horse among other things.

Build your space and get some decent genetics and start growing. The rest will follow.

Back
Top Bottom