She's been a struggle since sprouting

FeeltheFX

420 Member
I’m not an experienced grower but understand what it takes for a successful grow. But one of my plants has been a struggle since day one.
Purple wreck
Just over 2 months old
4-5 gallon outdoor grow
Ocean Forest
Water Ph’d 6-6.5
First watering with 1/2 strength veg nutes
10 days ago
Stunted, very slow growth. Early stage the stem was almost doing a zig zag pattern. New growth is twisted and off color. I have another plant (Runtz) that’s twice the size and very healthy. Tips and advice is appreciated. Thanks

324949E2-6352-47E8-846D-9ED6A2F171C6.jpeg

EC8E53CB-96A8-444B-A157-AE0E864267E4.jpeg

I’m not an experienced grower but understand what it takes for a successful grow. But one of my plants has been a struggle since day one.
Purple wreck
Just over 2 months old
4-5 gallon outdoor grow
Ocean Forest
Water Ph’d 6-6.5
First watering with 1/2 strength veg nutes
10 days ago
Stunted, very slow growth. Early stage the stem was almost doing a zig zag pattern. New growth is twisted and off color. I have another plant (Runtz) that’s twice the size and very healthy. Tips and advice is appreciated. Thanks

324949E2-6352-47E8-846D-9ED6A2F171C6.jpeg

EC8E53CB-96A8-444B-A157-AE0E864267E4.jpeg
Looks like a PH issue to me, but I'm not a expert with FFOF.
@CaptainLucky , @024backwards run that soil.

I would recommended looking up the PH for Foxfarm soil and nutrients.. make sure to have cal/mag also..
Do you ever give the plant plain waterings?
And do you have a PH meter?

I would recommended looking up the PH for Foxfarm soil and nutrients.. make sure to have cal/mag also..
Auto or Photo? CL🍀

If it’s an Auto I don’t grow them or have any luck with them either. Auto’s are notoriously ez to stunt but @LKABudMan grows some amazing Auto’s perhaps he could be of help. CL🍀 Edit: If it’s a Photo give it some more time and it should be fine. I had several that started slowly but they always take off. Sounds like you’re doing everything right. CL🍀

FF soils come PH buffered and using soil the PH is 6.4 CL🍀

The closest I've seen, with the curled leaf tips, is when I had some fungus gnat larvae chewing on the roots. Is there something different with this one's roots?

Yes. I’ve watered with plain Ph’d water. I gave it it’s first watering with 1/2 strength veg nutes about 10 days ago. Soil ph meter? I have water ph meter.
Auto or Photo? CL🍀
fem photo

The closest I've seen, with the curled leaf tips, is when I had some fungus gnat larvae chewing on the roots. Is there something different with this one's root
If it’s an Auto I don’t grow them or have any luck with them either. Auto’s are notoriously ez to stunt but @LKABudMan grows some amazing Auto’s perhaps he could be of help. CL🍀 Edit: If it’s a Photo give it some more time and it should be fine. I had several that started slowly but they always take off. Sounds like you’re doing everything right. CL🍀
Thanks. It’s a Photo. I’m putting genuine effort this season and the cannabis gods are testing me.

I wouldn’t know how to check the roots. It’s in soil. Would I see them hanging around the surface?
If it's fungus gnats you will.

Will Diatomaceous earth work?
I never had good luck using the DE for gnats.... they just climb around in it like it's nothing. Of course, I learned since then that DE is best applied in a very light dusting, vs a pile or coating, so it might be more effective used that way.

Imo, the best solution for fungus gnats is mosquito bits - soak it in the water for awhile (I put it in the day before I will use it) and then strain the solid bit/s out and water the plant with it.

Hey @FeeltheFX, and welcome to the forum!

1687854170519.png

This curl could indicate a lighting problem. Since these are photo plants, and 2 months old, it's possible they could have started flowering stage, and then there was a lighting change to throw them back into veg. This is well-known to cause leaves to curl.

It looks like you are growing them outdoors. Is there an electric light nearby that goes on at night? Have they been getting enough sun? That could explain why they aren't growing very fast.

Back
Top Bottom