Should I use a dehumidifier in my situation

steve72054

I have a 6x6 grow tent with webbing on side walls and back. I figure I have about 4 lbs., outside blueberry to dry and cure.
I'm using 2- 16" ceiling mounted fans pointed straight down with no direct exposure, a small temp. adjustable heater, and a 400 cfm. exhaust fan to pull the air, ducted into the attic.
Temp is at 76, humidity now at 48% , with only a few small branches inside,for a test run.
Should I be using a dehumidifier?

you are talking about drying right? If so the oscillating fans are not necessary I would just exhaust the air but not too fast just so the air is constantly being replaced in the tent. Keep an eye on humidity and try to dry them as slow as possible if you dry too fast it can cause the buds to be harsher than normal

48% is a bit low to do a single sitting. 55-65% humidity is the curing sweetspot, once plant matter humidity drops below this point in any particular location it affects its ability to cure, so you don't want the outside drying to fast.
I would kill the osci fans, hang all the weed up as nicely spaced as you can and then keep an eye on the humidity, restrict or increase ventilation to try and hit 60% humidity. because the base humidity is 48% the plants will eventually be 60% all the way through and the humidity will start to drop on its own with no increase in ventilation. perfect time to bag imho ;)

Yes, this is my dry tent, and thank you for the advise.
I was thinking of using circulating fans to prevent mold, but it sounds like they're not necessary with an exhaust fan pulling out the air.
Peace!

Back
Top Bottom