SILLY QUESTION: Aqua Globes - Good for Weed?

Do you think I should try the Aqua Globes?

• Yes! I want to know what happens!

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • No, waste of time and money!

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters

WaVancouver

The AsSeenOnTv commercial that pops up ever so often on television sells the "Aqua Globes", a self-watering hand-blown glass bulbs that you insert into the soil and it supposedly waters your plants for up to 2-weeks.

I swear they try to sell these to stoners. In the beginning of the commercial it grabs my attention with "High Quality Hand Blown Glass! Introducing...." as I see pieces of hand-blown glass from across the room on the TV screen. I nearly tromped my cats to death trying to get to the television screen.

aqu_glbs_ontv_rv_111.jpg

I'm thinking about doing an experiment with Aqua Globes on my next grow. I figure with the humidity, heat and the over-all environment in a stealth grow closet, instead of the Aqua Globe lasting for 2 weeks I assume I'd have to put water in it every 1-3 days. I figure the plant will suck on that for awhile and allow whatever water it needs to get to it. It looks as though it makes water readily available to the roots.
I am getting seeds in 2 weeks. I have other plants growing as well. Do you think I should try an experiment with these things? LOL, it's mostly for shits and giggles.

Typically, growers want a little more control over how much water they are giving to their plants and at what interval.

My opinion, fine for houseplants you might neglect, unnecessary for cannabis plants which you pay close attention to. :peace:

Personnaly I use them on my house plants, and they seem to work well. I dont see why you cant use it for weed.
They won't work for long term use for cannabis because the soil has to be totally saturated before introducing them or else they empty out into the soil until it gets saturated. That means the soil has to be kept extremely wet and that's not good for cannabis. If you want to control waterings get a drip set and run a pump on a timer.

i think it would be a nice little experiment for seedlings and the first few days of vegetative growth just to try it out. Like i said in my original post 'for shits and giggles'

I've seen the same commercial and wondered the same thing. I seen on one of the threds that I should do a wet/dry type of watering regiment. I guess this is so the plant will get as much nuts. from the soil as possible. I am unable to try this Globe watering system out but whould love to watch you and see how things work out. Maybe you can feed the plant in this way as well with a deluted solution.? It sounds like you are going to go ahead and do this so I will subscribe and wait to see what happens. Cool. Thanks.

well i wouldent use them because they water constently and well me my self i try to keep my soil damp not wet and those only stop when theres nowhere for the water to go so for pots of fiowers on the deck or something they would work good but try it out if temp is right u most likly have to fill it up more than 2 weeks is my gess

:yummy:

Well I don't see why they wouldn't work. I saw another Idea in a gardening mag. Take a 20 oz water bottle leave the top on cut the bottom out poke holes in the top barry in soil fill w/ water basicly the same thing for what I got. Just a thought I haven't tried

I swear they try to sell these to stoners. In the beginning of the commercial it grabs my attention with "High Quality Hand Blown Glass! Introducing...." as I see pieces of hand-blown glass from across the room on the TV screen. I nearly tromped my cats to death trying to get to the television screen.

ROFLMAO!!!

Hey, it's worth a try. I'd try it once just to see.

Seems to me you could use these globes to grow MJ using the method developed by DeMarco and used with the early phototrons. He called it growing using "Pyraponimetrics". It basically involved keeping one inch of water in the bottom of a growing container that had no drain holes and using only Spag. Moss as the medium.

The claim was that this method of watering allows the plants to take food as they want, no more no less and is based on something known as a "low root to shoot ratio". They put it this way; "As anyone who has grown without soil knows, as long as the roots are finding enough food they don't have to grow very far looking for it."

Seems you could keep these globes one inch from the bottom of a closed container and grow Pyraponimetrically. Might be a interesting experiment.

Back in the day, I had an auto watering system that used a sensor and pump to keep one inch of water/nutes in the bottom of the tron. It did work well but the tron was so small and had so little light, I never got much a yield out of it. I didn't have any good strains that were suited for it either.

Harry

i have used these before and yes they work well but they WILL !!! cause an over watering problem if you fill em up each time they go dry they keep the soil extremly wet and it takes a week or 2 for it to dry out so i would suggest that these only be used when your going to not be able to water them for a week to 2 weeks. so if you plan a vacation this might be the babysitter you've been looking for.

Back
Top Bottom