Steviodaddio

This is my first medical indoor grow ever. I've grown outdoors before but I've learned that indoor is a whole other animal. I'm less than a month in and I've already learned a ton from the hydro shop I go to, my brother who is also a caregiver and the 100 threads and journals I've read on this site as well as others. ANY TIPS, ADVICE, CRITICISM OR QUESTIONS ARE ENCOURAGED. I love hearing peoples input on how to do things better.

Start Date: December 8th 2014 (seeding)

Soil Mix: Fox Farm Happy Frog + Ocean Forest (50/50)
Pot Size: Dixie Cup → 2 Gallon Square → 7 Gallon Circular

Strain: Sin City White Nightmare Mix (WhiteNightmare x ******)
Species: 60% Indica, 40% Sativa (Although with multiple pheno's, it varies)

Lighting: 4k Parabolic, 4x1k Phantom II Digital,
Bulb: Eye Hortilux MH and HPS (Veg/flower)
Light Controller: Titan Helios 9 240v (Apollo Timer)

Nutrients: B-52, Sensi Grow A+B
Tap Water PPM: 140
Watering Schedule: When soil needs it (finger test)

Goal: 8 oz/plant

Room Size: 12'x15'x7.5'
Room Temp: 70℉
Under Light Temp: 77℉
Room RH: 60-70%
Under Light Humidity: typically 49-52% (dips lower when door open due to room work or intake fan is running)

Room is still being worked on as you can see its extremely messy. Carbon filter and ducting has not been hung yet, wall fans have not been mounted, has not been rewired for permanent placing, etc.

I also ordered a GH Waterfarm that I'll be giving a shot as well as designing a RDWC setup that I want to learn, but first things first.

*Only under 1k parabolic until farther into veg or start of flower.*

Panoramic Room Photo:
Panoramic_Room.JPG

First Week (Beginning - 12/16/14):
8eb7124b1a15d22c0aaf401f5f44c8b7.jpg

Second Week (Beginning/End 12/25/14-12/29/14):
b4a01944b6a994d1ccfd3e4a98f9bbf3.jpg

edc0d6b65ff5073f8bebd15499bf22bf.jpg
8dd6d8abb126846f37f56c5f1f01c824.jpg

Third week: (Beginning - 1/2/15)
IMG_019035.JPG

You've got a nice thing going here Holmes! Count me in! I wanna watch this go down!

Thank you! I've been having some issues lately which is the main reason I've started this aside from wanting to track progress. I'll be posting a ton more stuff up. Any help or tips are appreciated too!

Been having problems, took a walk-around video as an update but also hoping someone might have an idea what is going on.

Problems: Yellowing plants, drooping/clawing/taco'ing leaves, misforming leaves, etc.

Temp's are fine, PH came out the bottom around 5.9 but I'm going to re-do that test when they need watering again and bring it up to ~6.5, humidity is right around 50%.

They just don't look like they're that happy.

[video=youtube_share;qMyXzByV4y0]
[/video]

Finally got my 240v Helios wired up. 6-3 wire to a 50 amp Siemens, stuff was not fun to bend into my service. Wiring looks like a mess since I'm still in the process of getting the rest of my ballasts hooked up. Mainly waiting on cords for extending my ballast → hood since its short and unable to be ran on the ceiling. Also waiting to shorten the ballast to Helios controller 240v cord so I'm not stapling up a 10-20' wire for just a 2.5' run. My Phresh filter is going up once my 10" insulated ducting comes in at the shop so I'm just a few days from that.

Few plants seem to be doing better, although a few experiencing Nitrogen toxicity so I have to flush them tonight and see what happens over the next few days.

IMG_019235.JPG

Most have them have come back around. Some are still slightly yellow but showing more signs of green. Really bad looking one finally started heading to the party, hopefully will come around in a few days. Still not 100% but a lot better than I had expected for the problems I had.

Nothing has had any work done and still debating on building a scrog rack for a few of them. Topping is an option still but I'm not sure, still leery about that with my knowledge.

Ordering my second and third ballasts, bulbs and hoods today since the single light is starting to fall behind the size of these. Also transplanting to the 7 gallon circulars possibly today or in the next few days once I'm comfortable with everything that's been problematic.

IMG_019735.JPG

IMG_019640.JPG

3:30 Eastern Time here and couldn't sleep so I went down and took a few pictures. Ladies kind of went back to clawing so I have to figure that out when I get up and some are really umbrella'ing (under or over watering?). Bought a few toys today that I thought I might throw up. Picked up most of the materials to make a 'Current Culture Undercurrent Recirculating Deep Water Culture' style setup today, minus the bulkhead fittings. Aside from temporarily using Uniseals instead of Bulkhead fittings I'm still missing a few pieces for the return line and somehow managed to walk out of my hydro shop without a control bucket.. :bravo: I did receive my insulated ducting and GH Waterfarm bucket though so I'm pretty stoked! Little thing is quite nifty, can't wait to throw a clone on it and see what happens.

IMG_021044.JPG

IMG_020846.JPG

IMG_021139.JPG

Filter and ducting are up. Moved hood over 32 inches closer to wall so all 4 umbrella's will have an even spread when I get them (done after picture was taken). Still have yet to get the wiring neat, think I'll do that when every hood is hung and running. Transplanted 6 out of the 15 into the final 7 gallon pots. Went way too long without watering, some are looking pretty rough. Started on the RDWC system, the uniseals aren't very fun to work with. Got the buckets drilled and just have to finish cutting the PVC to piece together before I grab the reservoir bucket, should be up and running in a few days. Clones to come for that eventually from my brother.

IMG_022541.JPG

IMG_022740.JPG

Gave up on the idea of scrogging, been reading about defoliation and I took a stab at that. Have done all except the two in the back middle.

IMG_023249.JPG

IMG_023936.JPG

Hey Daddio!

Your girls are looking great! Their bouncing back and definitely getting greener. How's the setup treating you?

Hey Pig, thank you. I starved the hell out of them and started with extremely low nuted water to bring them back since it seemed I was having troubles getting them under control before. They're definitely coming around and they look better than ever defoliated. If you haven't looked into defoliation you need to, especially if you're looking for yield! Setup is going well although I realized how much I hate doing soil inside after the 7 gallon transplant, lol. Almost done building my RDWC system and have my GH Waterfarm ready to go as well so I'm going to dip into a little bit of hydro when these go into flower. Grow room is almost done being filled with equipment too so I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I'm not building something, hah. It's getting exciting though. Probably getting in too deep with too many different things but it keeps it interesting I guess.

Figured I'd visit your spot..lol..
They look good...but if u r gonna follow my lead on defoliation, there's a few things u need to do asap, stop taking all the undergrowth, take the tops hook a paperclip and string bend it all the way over and tie it off, the new lower bud sites that are now pointing up, clear the fans covering them, with defoliation u need to keep them short and wide for a while. If indeed u want absolute maximum yield increase.

No topping..if u listen to my advice u can achieve 30-80 main bud sites. Tight , compact and keep the plants manageable if desired. With extreme defoliation the only "topping" is selective for uniformity at start of bloom phase.

Figured I'd visit your spot..lol..
They look good...but if u r gonna follow my lead on defoliation, there's a few things u need to do asap, stop taking all the undergrowth, take the tops hook a paperclip and string bend it all the way over and tie it off, the new lower bud sites that are now pointing up, clear the fans covering them, with defoliation u need to keep them short and wide for a while. If indeed u want absolute maximum yield increase.

Been busy the past 2 days, got my second hood installed and running today before work. As far as pulling the tops do you mean each individual top or the entire top of the plant and bend the entire stem? Maybe I'm trying to be too delicate or over thinking it. Definitely going for yield though to start.

Yes take the most dominant colas and tie them off to the side like a rainbow..u don't have to be super delicate...but get them greener..amino acids..botanicare sells a 15.00 bottle called vitamino....feed it systemically and foliar spray..foliar spraying is also a key element in this process..feeds the plant quickly and only uses what it needs . u can keep em drier once u start foliar spraying.

Yes take the most dominant colas and tie them off to the side like a rainbow..u don't have to be super delicate...but get them greener..amino acids..botanicare sells a 15.00 bottle called vitamino....feed it systemically and foliar spray..foliar spraying is also a key element in this process..feeds the plant quickly and only uses what it needs . u can keep em drier once u start foliar spraying.

I don't have any colas yet, I'm still in veg (lol). Most of my plants still haven't even shown their sex yet. Are you talking about when they go into flower or should I be doing this right now? I'll be going out to the hydro shop in the next few days, possibly tomorrow if I get bored. Haven't been able to figure out why they're yellow, regular water or nutrient mixed water hasn't seem to have done the trick. Hopefully an AA will do the trick, definitely willing to give it a shot this weekend since I have 3 days off.

On the other hand, I was already at the store earlier today (before I read your post skwuak!) and got some more stuff. Decided to stray away from the parabolic on my next hoods since the efficiency is pretty low compared to some of the larger hoods and I realized I was paying $100 for the mogul and 48" reflector when I can spend an addition $50-$100 on an air cooled hood that will give me the same spread and better efficiency. Got a deal on another Phantom II and Whitestar XXXL hood which I already love. Also picked up a few more WaterFarm's ($45 bucks, can't beat), a 16" wall mounted fan, a 100 GPD 2:1 RO unit and some other odd and end stuff that I needed. My RDWC system is also done!

IMG_025939.JPG

Bad news and good news!

After sex'ing the plants for the past day or two it looks like I'll be ripping out most of the White Nightmare's. There's only a few that haven't started showing signs of sex and I think I'm only at 2 who appear to be female and the other 9 are showing male signs with 4 yet to show. Unless my eyes are deceiving me I was pretty bummed but it happens. I put them through a high amount of stress at an early stage and I really was lucky to get them back under control and get them looking as healthy as they do now.

On the up swing I lucked out entirely and received plants from my brother who didn't want to flower anything so he threw me 4 Agent Orange and 2 LSDx and will be receiving another 4-6 when he takes cuttings from some Pineapple Chunk's, a Yank's Cheese and I believe a Grand Daddy Purp or two. (All female and all within 1-3 weeks from flower, thank God.. lol) More clones will come once they root in the next 7-14 days for the RDWC and Waterfarm buckets. :riskybusiness:

Plus he hooked me up with 2 Diamond Series DS XML 350 LEDs that he's passing along to me since he isn't flowering anything indoors until next winter. Can't wait to throw some into flower and watch these LEDs work their magic in addition to the Hortilux HPS bulbs I just received and Magnum XXXL hood I just picked up. The 3rd of 4 ballast arrives in less than a week too.

IMG_032023.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom