Slylikeafox Promix Soil Cali/OG Kush 70% Sativa - 2018

Today I did the BIG HST on the twins. I know they are quite small, but in reality they are in week 3 veg. I am hoping for some really good growth on them now that i did that.

#2s again just some light LST . #1s nothing

Temp and RH remain pretty good 70-80f and 45-58% RH.

Well here are the pics for today.
#1s
#2s
#3s
DA HST'D
SJ HST'D

Keep it frosty all:cool:

Arrrgh

I am so tired of winter. Woke up this morning decided i would check the weather and low and behold we are expecting 3-4 days of SNOW!!! Like we don't have enough already. (still over 2' on the ground).

Anyways My fault I brought the wife here for work and didn't leave (ooops)

Now for an update on the Family. Wife has named the tent my Playpen as i seem to go there a lot and when she asks what I am doing I tell her I'm playing.

All the girls Received week 5 nutes at half strength yesterday. I am noticing that although i had previously given the same amount of water to each plant i now end up giving some plants more. GC 1 is a water pig she gets .5L more than her sisters which for the most part get 2L every 3 days. The cali OG 1 is like a sissy when it comes to water and only received 1.5L. The twins still only receive .5L since they are still small.

Growth has been good for all and continue to need more LST. I still haven't installed a screen so that i can LST properly, but I will.

Again i made some changes to my vent system. Buddy happens to be a tin basher so he gave me a few fittings to make a proper flow splitter.

I do have a question for All.

My wife would like me to change the lighting schedule so that i turn the lights on at 9PM and off at 3pm. I am currently running the lights 6am on and midnight off. By making this change i can then during Bloom have lights on at 9pm off at 9am. My question is this.

Can i change the lighting schedule without hurting the plants. Buddy says if i move the times about 1 hr per day backwards then i should be ok. Comments please.

Today on 6am-midnight
tomorrow on 5am-11pm
next day on 4am-10pm
Continue until i get to on 9pm-3pm

Not much more happening than that so onto the pics.
#1s

#2s

Twins

Thanks all and Keep it Frosty:cool::green_heart:

Arrrgh

I am so tired of winter. Woke up this morning decided i would check the weather and low and behold we are expecting 3-4 days of SNOW!!! Like we don't have enough already. (still over 2' on the ground).

Now for an update on the Family. Wife has named the tent my Playpen as i seem to go there a lot and when she asks what I am doing I tell her I'm playing.

All the girls Received week 5 nutes at half strength yesterday. I am noticing that although i had previously given the same amount of water to each plant i now end up giving some plants more. GC 1 is a water pig she gets .5L more than her sisters which for the most part get 2L every 3 days. The cali OG 1 is like a sissy when it comes to water and only received 1.5L. The twins still only receive .5L since they are still small.

Growth has been good for all and continue to need more LST. I still haven't installed a screen so that i can LST properly, but I will.

Again i made some changes to my vent system. Buddy happens to be a tin basher so he gave me a few fittings to make a proper flow splitter.

My wife would like me to change the lighting schedule so that i turn the lights on at 9PM and off at 3pm. I am currently running the lights 6am on and midnight off. By making this change i can then during Bloom have lights on at 9pm off at 9am. My question is this.

Can i change the lighting schedule without hurting the plants. Buddy says if i move the times about 1 hr per day backwards then i should be ok. Comments please.

Today on 6am-midnight
tomorrow on 5am-11pm
next day on 4am-10pm

#1s

#2s

Twins

I wouldn't do each new time for just one day. I would probably do each new time for three days. If they were autos it would be easy. One day for a plant just isn't much time for it to adjust.

This is my opinion, and I'm only good at real problems (bugs, soil, deficiencies, lights, etc).

Still haven't decided if that is what I am going to do or not, Wife was concerned with the power consumtion during the day time vs the night time. Not sure it makes a difference since I'm not using lots of power anyways. (1-15amp lighting circuit) for everything, but thought i would at least take ideas.

Thanks Bonsai:D

Day rates tend to be lower than night rates. Everyone uses power at night (rates high/high demand). Few people use power during the day (low rates/low demand). Just my way of thinking. You must have an electronic meter for time rate changes though. If you are talking heating/cooling, then yes..... But you want your off time centered around 3 pm the hottest part of the day(typically).

Off at 12:00 noon and on at 6:00 pm or off at 1:00 pm and back on at 7:00 pm.

I can be wrong.....

Arrrgh

Today on 6am-midnight
tomorrow on 5am-11pm
next day on 4am-10pm

#1s

#2s

Twins

looking great man! I can't wait to see you flip those babies!

Nearing the end of the 5th week. Not much to add. Girls are doing great still.

GC #1 has turned into a water Pig. She was dry this morning and needed another 2L of moisture. The other 5 main plants and the twins still have enough moisture to last them until at least tomorrow if not Friday. Its crazy how GC 1 uses twice the water as GC 2

The new splitter i built and installed worked great throughout the day yesterday. Temps 68-79 and RH 43-55% No issues with bugs or nutes (Knock on wood)

I do notice that although i treated the #1s and #2s differently #1s were topped and then LST'd, #2s were Super cropped and then LST'd that there is not much difference in growth overall. I hope yield may show a difference,

Anyway now for Pics
GC #1
GC #2
DP #1
DP #2
Cali OG #1
Cali OG #2
Twins SJ and DA

Here's to keeping it green :green_heart:

I was thinking nitrogen myself, but I'm a noob.....

I was thinking nitrogen myself, but I'm a noob.....
Hey Bonsai

I thought that as well. I usually feed the plants a very specific nute regimen.

I start day 1 water with full nutes, next time I water i go half strength, and the third time i go straight water. Been doing it this way since i started added Nutes.

Last watering I changed it up and instead of straight water i thought i would give them a full dose instead. So yes I may have just over nuted them. Grrrrrr. But PH is still 6.9-70 basically neutral.

I did add Cal/mag today and gave the 5 about a quart of water to see if that helps. Its funny how it was only the 2 Cali and 1 Durban that got hit. The GC and the other DP didn't show signs so not sure.

Fun being a Nooby Haha:cool:

So here I am day 2 week 6 of veg.

I have finally had my first issues.:eek: I believe that I have added too much nutrients to my soil and have probably locked it out, or i have a Cal/mag issue not sure which. o_OI did add Cal/mag to all the plants this morning and gave the 3 with issues and the other 2 i watered thursday 1L of just plain water.

The other issue i had this morning is GC #1 is a water Pig. I gave her 2.5L of nutes on Thursday and she was bone dry and droopy this morning. So today she received 3.5L of nutes with Cal/mag added as insurance. So far she hasn't perked up, but it's only been an hour.

Today the girls also received a good trimming to remove some of the damaged leaves and get rid of some of the smaller undergrowth. Hopefully I didn't beat them to bad, But decided to take some advice about agressive pruning and well it's now to late. Muhaha

Will Check on all the girls in a couple of hrs.

Todays pics are of the interior where the molestation's happened

Well ready for any comments anyone has

Keep it Frosty my friends:cool:

Hey Sly looking good! Your girls have filled in nicely and I’m sure you will see them fill right back in after the trim.

Looking at the leaves from the Cali OG I would say that it is most likely a nitrogen deficiency ie. not enough nitrogen uptake. I know you Ph your water when you feed or water but you should also periodically check the ph of your soil. This can be done with a probe or by collecting runoff and testing.
If you are only ever watering enough to wet the soil excess salts from nutrients can build up in the soil and that would lead to a Ph range that locks out uptake of nutrients.

That being said I think you would see more symptoms and your plants wouldn’t look as good as they do if lock out was the cause.

If it was my grow I would keep to the feed schedule you are on but the next time you water I would water till a good amount of runoff comes out. This will help push out any excess salts but still feed the plants. Also make sure your water is Ph’d.

You can then test the runoff to see where your soil Ph is. Hope this helps and doesn’t confuse lol. Overall your plants look great and you are doing a great job. When do you plan on flipping to flower?

Hey Sly looking good! Your girls have filled in nicely and I’m sure you will see them fill right back in after the trim.

Looking at the leaves from the Cali OG I would say that it is most likely a nitrogen deficiency ie. not enough nitrogen uptake. I know you Ph your water when you feed or water but you should also periodically check the ph of your soil. This can be done with a probe or by collecting runoff and testing.
If you are only ever watering enough to wet the soil excess salts from nutrients can build up in the soil and that would lead to a Ph range that locks out uptake of nutrients.

That being said I think you would see more symptoms and your plants wouldn’t look as good as they do if lock out was the cause.

If it was my grow I would keep to the feed schedule you are on but the next time you water I would water till a good amount of runoff comes out. This will help push out any excess salts but still feed the plants. Also make sure your water is Ph’d.

You can then test the runoff to see where your soil Ph is. Hope this helps and doesn’t confuse lol. Overall your plants look great and you are doing a great job. When do you plan on flipping to flower?

I've always read a slurry test is the most accurate for soil. 2 oz of soil and 2 oz of pH'd water. Then stir as you are reading the pH. It was explained, where ever I read it (memory fails me). That the top of the soil can be high or low, and it will wash into the lower layers before you get a bad reading on your pH meter measuring runoff. If you take soil from the top, that soil will have the best reading, if you feed at the top. Runoff only works if you water/feed at the bottom.

I'm just regurgitating what I've read. I'm not an expert by any means. :thumb:

Thanks for the info.:passitleft:

I did Ph my soil just to check and it is 7.0 which hasn't changed since i started. I know lots of growers say 6.5 is better,

PH of water again has always been 6.8-7.0 straight from the tap and no change to that when I add Nutes.

It was one of the reasons i went with the 3 watering cycle. I just felt I would have issues if I was to aggressive on the feedings.

So like I said i usually go full strength, half strength, and then water for my cycle. Then I did the unthinkable and instead of just water I gave them a full strength instead. So once they dry out abit (don't want to over water) I will give them their water flush and then start the feed schedule from square one.

This is what I like to call a good lesson!! I didn't kill it.

As for flipping I was thinking end of March as they are 9-10 week flowering. I need to be done before mid July as we have travel plans we can't change. Only thing is they won`t be super big, but hoping they will be bushy.

Have a great day and keep it Frosty:cool:

I did Ph my soil just to check and it is 7.0 which hasn't changed since i started. I know lots of growers say 6.5 is better,

PH of water again has always been 6.8-7.0 straight from the tap and no change to that when I add Nutes.

It was one of the reasons i went with the 3 watering cycle. I just felt I would have issues if I was to aggressive on the feedings.

So like I said i usually go full strength, half strength, and then water for my cycle. Then I did the unthinkable and instead of just water I gave them a full strength instead. So once they dry out abit (don't want to over water) I will give them their water flush and then start the feed schedule from square one.

As for flipping I was thinking end of March as they are 9-10 week flowering. I need to be done before mid July as we have travel plans we can't change. Only thing is they won`t be super big, but hoping they will be bushy.

Sounds like you have a course of action based on conditions. I can't see anything wrong with that. Reset, and see if things return to normal.

:thumb:

Sounds like you have a course of action based on conditions. I can't see anything wrong with that. Reset, and see if things return to normal.

:thumb:

Yes I hope it works.

I did go and check on them and GC 1 who was droopy is now happy and the other 5 Don't seem to mind the hair cut.

So onwards and upwards as they say.

:slide:

I've always read a slurry test is the most accurate for soil. 2 oz of soil and 2 oz of pH'd water. Then stir as you are reading the pH. It was explained, where ever I read it (memory fails me). That the top of the soil can be high or low, and it will wash into the lower layers before you get a bad reading on your pH meter measuring runoff. If you take soil from the top, that soil will have the best reading, if you feed at the top. Runoff only works if you water/feed at the bottom.

I'm just regurgitating what I've read. I'm not an expert by any means. :thumb:

I’ve never tried the slurry method but think I’ll look into it and see what it’s all about. I am a heavy feeder but always water to runoff, I can actually see the salt buildup around the holes in my pots when I don’t flush with water regularly. Def going to check out methods for testing to see what is the most accurate. Thanks for peaking my curiosity, Bonsai!

When in doubt reset and start from step one and you can’t go wrong! Sounds like you got it under control.:thumb:
Can’t wait to see them flower! I bet they get bigger than you think, some strains can really stretch in flower. :yummy::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom