Small Tent Grow

Your ladies are looking great man. Props for trying the supercropping, having an even canopy really helps during flowering. Nice grow bro

thanks eBUD I had to lose the even canopy because they were starting to get to close to the lights, but I will chalk that up to a learning experience, same with the supercropping. The ladies are looking healthy I just hope they stay that way as I begin to feed them on a regular basis.

Hash I didn't take any clones. I have no space right now to have a veg and separate flower room. I might try to make some changes between grows. Things are really tight right now imo. I got these girls from another patient I asked for four he gave me six great guy.

Thanks I thought my journal was kinda boring myself I don't have a whole lot of action going on just some plants getting bigger. Thanks for the kind words I hope things continue to go well. Things are really packed in the tent kinda starting to worry about the movement of air through the plants with all the leaves starting to lay on top of one another i don't know if that would help make an enviroment for fungus and stuff like that.

It can make you more prone to molds or powdery mildew. You can trim a lot of fan leaves without affecting the growth of the plant. Yes big old leaves photosynthesize but from talking to people they can also be a burden to the plant by having one leaf shade multiple leaves, and there was another reason too, can't remember what my buddy said. Something about nutrients being stored in them rather then used I believe, I could be completely wrong about this I'm kinda high right now :tokin:

Don't ever be afraid to prune your plants, a few snips of some leaves or some overgrown branches getting snipped is just fine. Generally you do it in veg but you can defoliate some in flower if you only take a few leaves at a time and don't strip her nekid.

Brett and Smokey thanks I have been comtemplating some minor defoliating for about a week and now I got the advice I was looking for from you two thank you very much. When the girls wake up in about 11 hours I will do a little defoliating and post pics after or in the morning depending how long it takes to prune. For now:bigtoke:

Grow looks good PBRMJ. 1 thing I would recommend, rotating the plants often. I have been doing tent grows for over a year and I have run into issues when I had my tent packed. Everywhere the tent touches the buds, it is really easy to get mold. I have lost a couple of ounces over the last year for not being careful. Looks like you are on the right track and plants are looking healthy. Good luck!!!:nicethread:

Ok last night I went and gave 3 girls a trim it went well except I noticed that SSH2 was having some issues some burnt tips and a couple of leaves starting to turn yellow. Maybe you guys can give me some advice if you think it's nute burn or a PH issue I water at 6.2 and run off is 6.7 plus or minus .1.
I think the SSH's are more sensitive to nutes than the JR's so I think I will take the SSH's off nutes for another week or so.
SSH2 problems
006408.JPG

003518.JPG

004490.JPG

Her top
007397.JPG

Here is a picture before and after trim SSH1
002549.JPG

011290.JPG

Your lady looks good to me. If it's only on a leaf or just a few personally I would not worry about it. Just pick it off and if the problem comes back that is when I would worry. That's just me, other than that leaf you girl look just awesome bro...

Great Job..

Your lady looks good to me. If it's only on a leaf or just a few personally I would not worry about it. Just pick it off and if the problem comes back that is when I would worry. That's just me, other than that leaf you girl look just awesome bro...

Great Job..

Thanks L-1-U yeah the burnt part was only on that leaf and two bigger fan leaves were yellowing but I was thinking the same thing try not to worry until I see it come back or do more. I trimmed her up a little so I think I will just stick to the feeding schedule as planned for her.

If you have a couple of leaves like that, it could just be bad air movement in your grow space and have nothing to do with watering/feedings.

Thank you LotzOfTrycs I didn't even think of that as a possibility any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem. Also thanks for joining my grow and all the advice.

I have found that having 1 fan moving air above my plants and 1 moving air below my plants works awesome. I had past problems with air movement and ran into a bit of mold and when that happened, I had a lot of the bottom leaves die off. Air movement is very important and you might find you will yield a little bit more also.

I have found that having 1 fan moving air above my plants and 1 moving air below my plants works awesome. I had past problems with air movement and ran into a bit of mold and when that happened, I had a lot of the bottom leaves die off. Air movement is very important and you might find you will yield a little bit more also.

Thanks that make sense 2 problems for me with that right now I have no room for a fan down below and it's like 35 degrees out side no one sells fans right now where I live. I guess I'll try to find a clip on fan somewhere. I do leave the door of my tent open for about 3 or 4 hours a day with a circulating fan blowing on them.

Yeah I agree. I also need to get a bigger intake fan also. I will take all this as learning for the next grow as well as the rest of this grow. Thanks again for the help. Anything else you have to offer for a small packed tent I'm all ears.

We also have some good grow shops in the area that carry them, but I would recommend a store like Walmart or Fred Myer. They will be cheaper and have littler oscillating fans. Sometimes fans at the grow shops can be expensive.

And hopefully you live somewhere that doesn't have snow right now. I searched every store near me and couldn't find one oscillating fan. I had to borrow them from family members because they are seasonal here.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom